“We had an absolutely Fantastic Time”

Sedona ATV & Buggy Rental
Ranked #14 of 90 Tours in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: RZRs, ATVs, Tomcars, Single buggies! Gps tracking.Off road SUPERSTORE!!Voted #1 in Northern Arizona with LARGEST and NEWEST FLEET! Visit hidden caves, archeological ruins, local swimming spots, rugged terrain. The ULTIMATE Sedona experience with turn-by-turn picture book maps. We want everyone who enters our front doors to feel comfortable and welcome: those experiencing offroading for the first time to the advanced enthusiast. We even offer helmet cameras that allow you to record and preserve your Sedona ATV experience for years to come. Spend a day with us and make memories that will last for a lifetime.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Yes it's expensive but for a one off experience and if you can afford it, do it.

We hired a couple of vehicles for half a day - the staff there were excellent; they were flexible with the time we went off, gave us good instructions, supplied effective maps to follow and gave us loads of water bottles to drink.

The trail they recommended was just about right for us - a few ups and downs but once you get your confidence absolutely great fun. We went slow, fast, stopped for a picnic, went a bit off route then found our way back, took photos and just did what we felt like.

It's this freedom that in my opinion makes this option so much better than guided tours (eg the Pink Company).

If there's one thing which you splash out on in Sedona, make sure it's this experience!!!!!!

1  Thank Kent_England_Sjw

Reviewed November 4, 2013

At first, we were a little reluctant to spend $300 for four hours but after the experience, it was money well spent. The fun factor is way off the charts. You can follow their suggested course or you are free to map out your own both off or on road. Just be back on time. We rented the RZR and were glad that we did. The extra power and especially the comfort of the seat was more than worth the extra cost. Aside from all of the fun, the faces of those who chose the seemingly boring jeep tours as we were passing them on the trails were priceless. The staff was patient, friendly, and helpful. Highly recommend this but be prepared to get dusty!!!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Let me preface this by saying that before my visit to Sedona ATV & Buggy Rental, I had never ridden in any type of ATV or buggy. My husband arranged to rent a Polaris RZR for 4 hours. The staff were very courteous and helpful. They had various maps and suggestions for our trip - easy and moderate trails. We also received a cooler with ice and bottled water. The trails were bumpier and steeper than I had envisioned, but it was a lot of fun and the views were stunning.

1  Thank Toni H
Reviewed October 20, 2013

First up: We hit the trails monthly in a Jeep here in Florida, so we feel very comfortable trail riding. With that in mind we looked for Jeep rentals and they are available, however we rented a Tomcar from these fine folks and had a blast! From the Honoaki Ruins, Outlaw Trail, Soldiers Pass to the Sinkhole and up to the top of Schnibley Hills road it was all so breathtaking.
We had reservations with another company but they had an emergency and couldn't honor our reservation, this company is a bit "deeper" in resources and seems very dependable, equipment was in good repair and plentiful (We just walked in and they had exactly what we wanted.) Good instructions, they made sure you understood the vehicle and even had a dependable tip for a Breakfast Place.
While only two wheel drive, the Tomcar is an excellent desert vehicle. Was able to climb over a few impressive places and felt safe as well.
Note to Newbies: Off Road driving is not about going fast,jumping hills etc. it's about getting into and out of places other people have to hear about.
These people will help you get there and back. One last note, my wife suggests you rent the goggles, you can safely go without the helmets though.
Sedona ATV & Buggy will see me back again!

1  Thank PSKURNICK
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The people were delightful to work with; very professional, courteous, cheerful.

The equipment was first-rate. We went on what appeared to be a current-model Polaris two-seater. The deep-studded tires seemed nearly new.

A recent reviewer cautioned that people should be aware of how steep the trails can be. I suppose that's true both for those who love them and those who fear them. I get that the first steps could seem really scary for some people, and it would be sensible to convey that somehow. But once I got down them I was actually wishing they were steeper, and that I had more time to explore roads where the path was even more treacherous.

We did the Honanki Ruins loop, which took longer than expected. Then we zoomed across town to a spectacular vista near the top of Schnebly Hill—didn't go the last half mile due to running out of time on our half-day rental. (We ended up a few minutes late returning the rig, but they were very gracious and did not impose a late charge.)

I was initially pretty timid when arriving at the trail—after about 4 boring miles of paved then 4 more of unpaved main roads. Gradually, though, I gained more comfort and confidence. By the end we were bopping along at a pretty good clip—definitely faster than the 15mph speed limit I discovered for those roads near the end of the ride.

All in all, it was fun, fun, fun. The day was gorgeous, the ATV was a kick, the roads and trails were nicely challenging, and it was a great way to see a lot of Sedona's beauty in a short time. Initially I envied those in the pink jeeps as I assumed their ride must be much more cush. But by the end of the day I assume they were envying me and the flexibility of stopping where we wanted plus the thrill of piloting the four-wheeler at our own breakneck pace.

PS - Bring earplugs, as the whining sound of the engine was annoying—though we eventually got used to it.