Sedona Private Guides
Review Highlights
Reach for the stars

I had the pleasure meeting Dennis Young a extremely knowledgeable and gracious individual. He has a... read more

Reviewed April 22, 2019
James G
Allen Red OWL, a guide with full of heart and joy!!!

Allen Red OWN was a guide and driver of Antelope Canyon tour, is a LAKOTA Indian native, and he is... read more

Reviewed September 8, 2018
YokoK155

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I am so grateful for the time I spent with Dennis. It was more than just the beauty and serentiy of the area...that would have been enough, but Dennis was kind, knowledgable and open to helping me find the spiritual experience I was seeking. I had simply requested a private vortex experience, away from the crowds but I ended up with so much more.

I really can't say enough good things about Dennis and I'd be willing to bet the other guides are also excellent. I was on cloud nine for days afterwards and got a little teary leaving Sedona. The experience touched me deeply and I will go back again...for the area's natural beauty and to see more of it with the help of Dennis!

PS...he also understood my fear of spiders and didn't make me feel like an idiot for worrying about it!

Date of experience: March 2012
2  Thank Leslie W
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Our Mr. Sedona 4-hr meditation hike was the highlight of our two-week visit...a don't miss experience and worth the cost. Our guide, Saith, was warm, courteous and very sensitive to our threesome of recent widows. Not only was he knowledgeable about the area, but he was also an experienced Mindfulness meditation guide. To meditate in the middle of a beautiful plateau with the glorious red rocks surrounding us was a truly healing experience for us. In addition to the meditation site, we also visited other calming scenic areas. Would highly recommend this outing.

Date of experience: February 2012
3  Thank Jacquie S
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Jason was our guide for our half day trip with Sedone Private Guides. He was knowledgeable, attentive and sensitive to our interests and physical limitations. We did three hikes in our 5 hours and each was different and fun. Jason knew every plant and crevice and was relaxed and easy to be with.

He was particularly good at matching our hikes to our physical abilities and we felt comfortable and ambitious as the day progresses. Saw things that you could never see without a guide and had a great morning.

Great value.

Date of experience: February 2012
2  Thank Bill C
Reviewed October 20, 2011

My son, husband and I hiked with Dennis this morning to see areas of Sedona that are off the normal tourist track. What an experience! We are still in awe. Our visit to the "moon and mars" was absolutely memorable and by far the best part of our visit to Sedona. He is very articulate, and his knowledge of the geology, history and spirituality of the area, along with his enthusiasm and charm, make this THE trip to do in Sedona. More expensive than the normal tour, but worth every dollar. The 4 hours went by so quick, and he even brings along snacks, water, and takes photos for you! Skip the jeep tours and book Dennis--you will be so glad you did!

Date of experience: October 2011
3  Thank travelingmomhhsc
Reviewed April 25, 2011

With three small adults and two children we packed into Dennis' Jeep at 7:30 AM as the sun was breaking over Cathedral Mountain. Dennis 'gets it' on all counts. His intellect is seductive. His voice is shy but he in knowledge-fast and a passionate advocate of the high red rocks above Sedona. We visited his off-road secret and sacred places and shared his knowledge of the geology, the Fort Apache limestone, the white frogs and 'Larry the Lizard'. Our children trailed him for 7 hours as the Pied Piper through the Valley of the Moon, the reflecting pools and the vistas in front of Snoopy's rock. The adults were enthralled. And he offered menu suggestions at Sally's and Elote Cafe as well as suggestions for day trips to uncommon petrographs. What a find.

Date of experience: April 2011