“HORRIBLE!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Simon's Hot Dogs - CLOSED

Simon's Hot Dogs
Cuisines: American, South American, Colombian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: Colombian Style Beef, Vegetarian and Vegan Hot Dogs, and some others delicious Colombian treats.
A TripAdvisor Member
“HORRIBLE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I have nothing good to say about Simons. Sketchy area, dirty stinky restaurant, unfriendly people, overrated expensive run of the mill hot dogs. Why is this place number one on TA? Don't waste your time!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

toronto
“overpriced salty hotdog”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Hate to be the person to write a not so favorable review as this seems to be a local favorite but as an avid foodie I feel I need to put my two cents in. Was looking forward to going to this establishment as it was the number one popular place to eat in Sedona on tripadvisor. Not sure if I had a bad batch but the hotdog that I got was very, very salty..did not finish(had a few bites and ended up throwing out the rest)...had the salty hotdog taste in my mouth the rest of the night and was thirsty the rest of the night.. The bun was nice and moist and the toppings were unique (the Columbian--pineapple and potato chips) Not sure if the owner has these hotdogs especially made for him but it tasted like a regular salty hotdog from the local grocery store. Maybe I'm being picky but for the amount of money the owner charges for a hotdog, I would think and hope that they were especially made from him from the local butcher..

would not eat here again and would not recommend as a fellow foodie..would be interesting to hear comments from other foodies..

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jjking
Dallas, Texas
“What a fun suprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I kept looking at the reviews and asking myself "How good could a hot dog be? Especially with such weird toppings"? But this place is GREAT! It's a comfortable atmosphere, tons of great beers and DELICIOUS hot dogs! What a fun surprise! Try one of the ones that sounds strange! Just do it! We went to Simon's twice during our time in Sedona and it was great both times. The second time there was live music. If we go to a place twice on the same trip, it is REALLY GOOD!

• Visited December 2013
Indio, California
“What More Could You Want?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

This is hidden North of 89A West, so google a map. But it is a hole in the wall in the entrance to the Oak Creek Brewery. They have hot dogs that are probably the best I have eaten, and styles which you may not have even dreamed. Even so, they will fix it any way you want. There are also nachos and chili, among other things. You order your food, and it will be brought to you in the brewery. As my huband said, "Food, beer, football and music. What more could you want?" My surprised expression was his answer. lol

The music varies, but that night, there was a jazz guitar player/singer, very intimate and personable.

The tables are all the tall ones with tall chairs. I can't get up there, so they brought in a regular chair for me, and I used a tall chair as a table. We had a wonderful time.

This combination of destinations was excellent. Very casual, very close to Sedona Summit, and we certainly will be back.

Visited December 2013
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
“Great Dogs & Unique Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Located at the original no frills Oak Creek Brewery (there is another newer, more refined, Oak Creek about 2 miles away), Simon's is truly a unique experience. The hot dogs had to be some of the best we ever had. Who would think that pineapple and mozzarella would go so well on a hotdog..and not just an ordinary dog, these dogs are 1/4 lb, juicy and come on a super soft lobster roll. Another dog we tried had avocado cream cheese and banana peppers. We washed the dogs down with a couple of cold beers from Oak Creek listening to live music and watching beatniks dance barefoot with their kids. You don't experience that every day in Philly but in Sedona anything goes.

• Visited December 2013