“Skip the dog in the veggie dog”
Review of Simon's Hot Dogs - CLOSED

Simon's Hot Dogs
Cuisines: Colombian
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Colombian Style Beef, Vegetarian and Vegan Hot Dogs, and some others delicious Colombian treats.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Loved the location next to the brewery (we ate by the fire out back, listening to the music and quaffing a few suds). My husband wasn't sure how much he liked the Colombian ("the meat was good, the pineapple and potato chips were a bit too out there"), but my Hola Amigo toppings were spicy, creamy and great. I personally did not care for the veggie dog (if anyone has eaten a tofurky dog, they know what I mean. It has a strong flavor you either love or hate). Even the jalapenos could not mask the strong flavour but as soon as I removed the dog part and added in the 3 pickle spears instead, the whole taste of bun and toppings came together. I would order it again - hold the dog, load up the pickles.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have been to Simon's Hot Dogs twice. Both times were pleasant. We ordered our food, as the husband and wife team working at the time are very friendly and chat with us. When we received our food, we are always amazed at the size of the hot dogs! We love the variety offered through this unique, small restaurant. Note: The bar inside the same building will not let 21 and younger sit inside their dining room. However, there are tables outside that you can eat at.

Thanks for a great experience, we will actually see you tomorrow on our trip to Sedona!!

2  Thank trship3634
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I am a hot dog lover but Simon took it to a new level. The columbian & cowboy were a real taste treat and the brewery had the perfect beers to compliment. Simon made sure he checked on our party frequently to make sure we were enjoying our lunch. My only compliant is he isn't in NC and now I'm addicted!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Well, actually yes. We each had the Columbia, shared a Cowboy and shared a Tokyo, along with a pint of Nut Brown from Oak Creek Brewery. I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Simon, his wife and son (Who was getting into the Halloween spirit by wearing a box on his head) are committed to serving the best hotdogs that you've ever eaten. We thoroughly enjoyed the food and Simon stopped by several times to ensure our satisfaction. We voted the Columbia as our favorite with the Tokyo coming in second.
Order on the way in to the brewery and you will have your freshly prepared dogs delivered to the table before your first pint is gone. Lots of fun.
I think that this points out the need to have Tripadvisor establish a separate category for food trucks and food stands.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Simon gives a different kick to the usual American favorite and I love how he does it! The whole thing comes in a basket-like serving with pickles and chips on the side. They have large jalapenos on top, with pineapples. There’s also one that has caramelized onions. We also got chili con carne on the side which was really good because chili is not soggy or overcooked. I mean, the chili con is not soggy that the whole thing becomes one thick soup. They got the tenderness of the beans right, which I really really love. By the way, they got vegan hotdogs too!