“Big menu okay food”

Ranked #28 of 197 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: American, Diner, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Despite the name, Cafe Jose serves good old-fashioned home style cooking. It is a classic American diner which also happens to serve good Mexican food. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served all day. Cafe Jose is a favorite spot for local residents. It has won the local award for the past several years for "Best Home Cooking," "Best Breakfast," "Best Family Dining." "Friendliest Wait Staff," and "Best Overall Bargain." The food is not fancy, but it is tasty and served with a smile. The portions are large, but meals are priced to fit anyone's budget.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Big menu okay food”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stopped on our way back from Jerome and wanted Mexican food. Staff friendly. Food just okay. However homemade salsa was really good. No chips though?

• Visited October 2013

Sedona, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“CAFE JOSE IS A DAILY EXPERIENCE!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Cafe Jose has everything you could ask for! -Excellent breakfast, lunch or dinner. Service is very fast and accomodating as well as friendly. The way you are treated you automatically feel at home. Food is excellent and the price is incredibly reasonable. Go ENJOY!

Visited October 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Huevos Rancheros -”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I had breakfast here and loved it!! A huge plate for the money with lots of food!! I paid less than what the menu had which I was very pleasantly surprised! And the service was excellent! I must've been asked 5 -6 times if everything was ok... probably a little too much but friendly wait staff which I'm not used to. All in all, I would definitely go back!!

Sequim, Washington
“A West Sedona restaurant”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Staff friendly. Portions large. Taste average. Serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Would I eat there again- possibly.

Chandler, Arizona
“The BEST service that we have EVER had---ANYWHERE! PERIOD!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Myself, hubby and my mother(who was in from out of state) went to Sedona on a weekend trip from Chandler. Had printed a .com voucher for Café Jose out and visited there on a Saturday afternoon. We got breakfast and sandwiches and there was a lot for the value and everything was very yummy!!
What stood out though was the service---EXCELLENT!!! Like a 5 star restaurant---seriously!! If any of you have ever been to Ruth's Chris--the steakhouse out here where steaks range from 50.00-100.00---you have seen 5 star quality service there and Café Jose's staff gave them serious competition.
Angel & Jesse both waited on us from seating us, taking our order, refilling drinks from out of nowhere, checking on us on just the right moments and often but not too often, this team was OUTSTANDING!! I only wish that we lived closer to be able to visit whenever we wanted to.

Angel & Jesse-----you 2 young men are an awesome team and if I owned a restaurant, I would beg you both to work for me.

Lorna Reale :)