“Great place to eat!”

Ranked #26 of 199 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: American, Diner, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Despite the name, Cafe Jose serves good old-fashioned home style cooking. It is a classic American diner which also happens to serve good Mexican food. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served all day. Cafe Jose is a favorite spot for local residents. It has won the local award for the past several years for "Best Home Cooking," "Best Breakfast," "Best Family Dining." "Friendliest Wait Staff," and "Best Overall Bargain." The food is not fancy, but it is tasty and served with a smile. The portions are large, but meals are priced to fit anyone's budget.
Reviewed May 26, 2013

As the title says, great place to grab a delicious meal! Food is excellent, cheap, and well worth the money! I've been here time and time again, and I plan on going again quite soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,197)

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Have eaten here many times since 2006 and enjoyed every meal tremendously. Most recent visit had the nachos one night and biscuits w/gravy for breakfast; both meals were so good, I had to stop short of licking the plate!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Yes, this is the restaurant where the local Sedonians come too and have for years. It is a place for a good meal at a reasonable price. This restaurant was recently updated and is really-really nice inside. Located in the West Sedona's Safeway Shopping Center on far West side off 89a 2.3 miles from what is known as the Hwy's 179/89a Y.

I might add everyone can have an off day whether it be a restaurant customer or someone who works their. Speaking for myself as a local this is a truly great local restaurant and is locally owned. The owners and staff pride themselves at providing a terrific experience when you dine with them.

Sedona has many fine restaurants and Cafe Joses is a great place to come and get a good and plentiful meal throughout the day at a very reasonable cost also Breakfast all day is not a problem. These folks also have another restaurant in West Sedona know as the Golden Goose Cafe,

If something should ever be wrong bring it up, because as I said they do want to please their patrons.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We ate dinner there. Servers were nice and the service was good. Food was bad. I ordered chicken Fajitas. It was bland and ate the worst fajitas I have ever had in my life. My wife ordered Enchiladas and it didnt taste good. Its cheap food but not something I would recommend.

1  Thank JujuFam
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Walked over from our hotel to grab a quick lunch based on posted reviews, and it was horrible! I usually love a greasy diner, but this was just bad. Service was spotty at best. Perhaps my ordering choice was bad, but I've had better food from a grocery store frozen dinner. Perhaps people go for the breakfasts & our mistake was ordering Mexican, but neither me nor my dining partner found anything good about this place, other than the spicy green salsa. Mark it off your list.

Been to Cafe Jose Restaurant? Share your experiences!