“A great place for breakfast and lunch!”

Cafe Jose Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 199 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: American, Diner, Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Despite the name, Cafe Jose serves good old-fashioned home style cooking. It is a classic American diner which also happens to serve good Mexican food. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served all day. Cafe Jose is a favorite spot for local residents. It has won the local award for the past several years for "Best Home Cooking," "Best Breakfast," "Best Family Dining." "Friendliest Wait Staff," and "Best Overall Bargain." The food is not fancy, but it is tasty and served with a smile. The portions are large, but meals are priced to fit anyone's budget.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I and another couple went to Jose's for a breakfast and a lunch on a recent visit to Sedona. Both meals were large, fairly priced, and very good tasting. Their breakfast omelet menu is creative and the omelets are large and chock full of ingredients with great tasting home fries, large slices of crisp bacon, and a great selection of toasted breads. Their coffee is very good with a cup that never falls below 1/2 before it is refilled. The lunch menu is also a combination of American and Mexican entrees. The Mexican entrees are excellent and huge. We all agree that Joses will be a regular stop for breakfast and lunch when in Sedona. The service, by the way, is as good as it gets. It is fast and friendly and there is always somebody when you need them. They all thank you for stopping in and enjoying their food....nice!

1  Thank biminiguy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,197)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was an Awesome Dinner with a Great Dessert served by an incredible wonderful waitress named Jill. Oh so good! Check this place out, you'll be glad you did! It was the Best Ribs I ever had, and the Mexican Flan Dessert superb. With so many choices, make this a must go.

1  Thank DavidDPollock
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went to this restaurant for supper one night. I had expected better after reading some reviews. The food was priced right and was good but definitely not outstanding. I will probably look for other places to eat when I return. When I spend money to go out, I expect something really good and not just average.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We ate dinner here based on TA reviews, also thinking this would be a little more "local" than "tourist"... and it was. Very reasonable prices and huge portions - two adults could easily split an entree and not go away hungry. The food itself, was good, but pretty standard Mexican fare, nothing super special or that would make me return again given all of the other options in Sedona.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I and my son stopped to eat lunch on Sunday. As soon as we walked in we were welcomed. The food was wonderful. I had a chicken quesada which was very tastey. My son had a chicken and beef enchilada plate and enjoyed it. We also had dessert which was very yummy. I would encourage anyone to stop by as the menu had lots to offer.