“We enjoyed breakfast at the Red Rock”
Review of Red Rock Cafe

Red Rock Cafe
Ranked #3 of 199 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed November 20, 2012

It is difficult to review a restaurant after only one visit and one meal per person. I had their very nice Biscuits and Gravy and my wife had Kathy's Omelette.

I am a bit of a Biscuits and Gravy freak, so I have eaten the best and the worst Biscuits and Gravy to be had. Red Rock's Biscuits and Gravy was good. It had a nice flavor, the Biscuits were great, but I would have preferred a bit more sausage flavor. But as I say, it was very good ... not the best.

My wife enjoyed her omelette, though she did not rave over it as she would an exceptional meal. With it she was served salsa. She tasted the salsa, said she liked it, and then noticed the "heat" begin. She doesn't like hot salsa and immediately gave it to me, knowing that I do like it. I ate the salsa and also noticed how the "heat" seems to come a little bit after consuming it. Yes, it was mildly hot, and yes, it was very good.

The restaurant is located on a side street off the main highway in a strip mall so you'll have to know where you are going to get there. Additionally, it is behind the excellent Desert Quail Hotel.so if you are staying there, it is an easy walk through the back of the hotel. Showing your Desert Quail room key (card) gets you a 10% discount.

The service was good and very friendly, and the value was great. I do recommend this restaurant.

3  Thank Coover
Write a ReviewReviews (1,718)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stopped for breakfast and beat the rush. After enjoying my breakfast, I understand why they had a short wait list when we left.
Menu items included standards an unique spins like the Huevos Rancheros. We really enjoyed the food. Our server was on it. she proactively added a side of salsa to my order and asked me what kind of hot sauce I would prefer. This is just one example of service you will get here. I look forward to my next experience here.
Plenty of tables. top notch service, great food...awesome combination.

3  Thank Gtxtrem
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Four of us eat there twice and enjoyed our meals especially my husband"s stuffed French toast. That was the best breakfast he ever had. We all sampled it and agreed. The owner and staff were very friendly and efficient. Will go back tomorrow.

3  Thank JAR817
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Second visit to the Red Rock Cafe in Oak Creek Village, great breakfast starting point before hiking Bell Rock/Courthouse Butte trail (excellent trail, btw), fast friendly service and excellent huevos rancheros as a breakfast option.

3  Thank DandDe
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

The day we drove to Sedona, we stopped here for lunch. Service was very good. Lady with blond hair in a pony tail, wearing a sports jersey greeted us, sat us and served us. She was running the whole show. Super friendly. The place is a store front restaurant but more diner style atmosphere, casual. It's located in a supermarket plaza. The Sedona melt was very good, got it with the soup which was delicious!

We liked it so much, we made it our last stop out of Sedona a few days later after we climbed Cathedral Rock. Both times the place wasn't busy (around 2pm). Service was friendly and good the second time around as well.

2  Thank mickey107

Been to Red Rock Cafe? Share your experiences!