“Raw, organic, plain food.... if that is what you are looking for this is the place”
Review of ChocolaTree

ChocolaTree
Ranked #18 of 195 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily in our indoor dining room, garden oasis, wi-fi lounge or dog friendly. Breakfast Served from 9am-noon Full Lunch and Dinner menu available all day. EACH DISH IS CREATED USING 100% ORGANIC, VIBRANT FOODS, GLUTEN- FREE AND ENTIRELY HOME MADE. A Little About the Chocolate Our chocolate shop is in constant production for ChocolaTree and distribution worldwide, creating the largest selection of handmade, artisan-crafted raw chocolates. Mirroring the integrity of our eatery, our chocolate shop uses only organic, stone-ground, fair-trade ingredients, and we are so blessed to house both establishments under the same roof for so many reasons: the friends, the community, the laughter, the intoxicating aroma of cacao wafting through our premises and, of course, the chocolates! We partner directly with small-scale cacao growers to preserve their traditional way of farming, thereby safeguarding the biodiversity of cacao in Ecuador. We undertake a number of sustainability programs for the benefit of the cacao-growing communities with which we work. The sustainability of cacao as a living tree is sacred to us here, and working with others that value cacao in similar ways is of the utmost importance. As a result, we are rewarded with absolutely orgasmic delights that come in so many forms to be shared with you as part of our extended family at ChocolaTree Organic Oasis. HOW IT ALL CAME TO BE Kelly Johnson and Jen Marie met in March of 2006, while Kelly was first creating his delicious chocolate creations. Soon after meeting Jen began to tend the garden at the building Kelly was creating his chocolates. At that time, it was quite barren but Jen was determined to create a sanctuary where the elemental beings could rejoice. She planted the garden with the inspiration of Anastasia and assistance of many locals to Sedona. Through an unusual course of circumstances the building that is now ChocolaTree became available for rent. So, father and daughter David and Jen Marie opened their doors as ChocolaTree Organic Oasis in January 2009 with a vision. Our Vision We see a World of natural beauty where every child is born into a domain with clean air, pure water and their very own garden growing fresh foods in a splendid paradise! Intention ChocolaTree is a Sanctuary where each Being can nurture their Authenticity
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We had been hiking for about 2 hours, I read good and bad reviews. My husband prefers organic to anything else, but this is also vegan and raw, so be advised if you are not into that the food might not taste good. No dairy, no eggs, no cheese (soy cheese), you get the idea.

We went at a very busy time and waited about 5 minutes for a table. My husband got an avocado salad he loved and the thai coconut soup, which is served cold. He also got the Spring Dragon tea which we bought a box of before leaving.

I got the kefir parfait, it was delicious and I bought a bag of their homemade granola to go and had some this morning with my yogurt. I also ordered the gluten free banana bread with almond butter. I put some cinnamon on that because it was rather bland, I have had better gluten free banana bread, but again this did not contain eggs either, so understandable. I expected much more for my $8 though on that bread plate. There were two small pieces of bread. I also got the hot chocolate, dark cacao beans with almond milk, not very sweet, but satisfied my chocolate need.

It was still worth the visit, we bought a few more of their products, kale chips, dried mulberries and some other granolas, all of which are very good snack foods. I understand it is more expensive to purchase and create gluten free, organic, vegan fare, but some things were a bit overpriced.

It was cold, but we went to the garden area which would be lovely in the warmer weather. My husband would have reviewed this as a five start.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Chris H

New York
“Food for the soul!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I love this place! It used to be called something else, but they still have the magic healing chocolate bars which are some of my favorites! Whatever you eat, it feels like your body and soul are being nourished. Casual, laid back atmosphere, no frills, and great service, can't be missed! Try the raw carrot ginger soup, wow!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Heather M
Phoenix, Arizona
“An Organic Delight”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Get the raw carrot soup. Amazing.

The broad selection of specialty organic chocolates exceeds anything I have run into elsewhere.

Numerous vegan selections, very fresh and tasty.

A large Tara Buddha brightly looks out over the main dining room, and a four foot Shiva lingham supplies an exotic flavor to the atmosphere.

Only caviat: don't come looking for fast food. These people do not rush. Your meal will be more than worth the wait.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Standing I
Minnesota
“Overpriced”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was excited to find a gluten free restaurant. The food was all very tasty but I felt over-priced. I know what these ingredients cost so I expect to pay more but this was quite a bit more. I thought the portions were small. I am not a big eater so I was full but most people would have been hungry. Another reason for me saying it was over priced.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Nancy N
Nantucket, Massachusetts
“All GF, Vegan AND Organic!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Loved this place so much! It was just what I needed and found. Great Food, lots to choose from their menu, chocolate, smoothies. A great shop too. Friendly staff. Olo is adorable. Went there twice during our 5 day stay!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank ClaudiaDouty

Been to ChocolaTree? Share your experiences!