“Awful!!!”

Desert Flour Bakery & Bistro
Ranked #2 of 9 Dessert in Sedona
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Brainerd, Minnesota, United States
“Awful!!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My family of 6 recently stopped at this place for a quick lunch before hiking around Sedona for the afternoon. We ordered our food and grabbed a table, then began our wait. The workers continued on with helping others and often walked by our table. After 45 minutes of waiting for a pizza, a salad, 2 turkey sandwiches, 1 pb & j and 1 just pb my oldest went to counter and inquired about our food. They all looked at each other and went to find our order, which they never did. The person who took our order came back to table and said don't know what happened, "she" meaning another worker lost our order. She would retake order and reimburse us for our trouble, I didn't want to order again, we have been waiting almost an hour. She assured me the food would take 10 minutes, so we ordered again. 10 minutes went by and still no food. I watched from our table as customer after customer got their drinks and food before us. Finally, I got up and went to stand directly in front of counter (I could see our order sitting in the window from the kitchen). Still others got waited on and orders got completed. I asked for them to box up our food so we could at least be on our way. After a total of at least 70 minutes, we got our food with a "wasn't my fault" comment from a worker. No reimbursement, we paid over $56 and tipped $8 for counter service!!!! My children were all very well behaved for having to wait so long for their food (ages 5,7,10 &18). Never once were we offered drink refills while waiting, never apologized to, never reimbursed. NOTHING!! When we made it to our car and headed to our hiking destination, we discovered our order was wrong, no big surprise there, thankfully the pizza was big enough for our 3 youngest to eat and hold them over till we could get them different food from a much better establishment. In hindsight, instead of supporting a local restaurant we should have gone to the Subway, we would have stayed on our time table and not missed out on some things we had planned because of the wait time. After living in NYC, and the Midwest, I can honestly say this was the rudest, worst establishment I have ever had the misfortune to visit. Do not choose this place, bring your business elsewhere! Would rate a zero if that was an option.

• Visited March 2013

• Polish first
Glenside, Pennsylvania
“Great value for dinner.”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

$25 for two salads, two glasses of wine and a pizza.
What else can I say? O.K. ambience is so-so. Salads
were good, wine was drinkable and pizza was a B+/A-.
But for $25 in a vacation town, I'd go every other night!!

• Visited March 2013
Urbana, Illinois
“scrumptious”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stopped here one night (surprised it was still open since Sedona area closes down early) for a treat and found much more. Yes, there is a bakery case loaded with luscious goodies, but there is also a full lunch and dinner menu, as well as a full bar! We came back another day for lunch. It's a cozy, small space and the staff is very friendly. Good food and it's reasonably priced.

• Visited February 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Another good local place”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

It is a nice place to sit outdoors when the weather cooperates. enjoy a mocha here. Wished they had some gluten-free muffins. Good meeting place for me to meet my friends.

Visited December 2012
Oklahoma
“cozy, fun evening.”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had dinner there and the food was wonderful and reasonably priced. Portions were very large. I enjoyed the Irish Nachos, but could eat only half of it......should have shared with someone. One in our group had the burger which he said was outstanding and it was a large one, as well. Wine was average. Locals like this place, which is a good sign. Server was great and made us laugh at times. Will go back.

• Visited February 2013