“Good value and locals hangout”

Desert Flour Bakery & Bistro
Ranked #3 of 11 Dessert in Sedona
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Normally this is where all the locals go to get there morning coffee or drink of choice. Why? Friendly people behind the counter, very reasonable prices and it's a hangout for locals to meet. Plus they have wi-fi. Just a good place to go. Nothing overly fancy.

There are newer reviews for Desert Flour Bakery & Bistro

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've had a few breakfasts here and each time, I'm hoping for the service to have been improved. Not so much. Either the girls behind the counter are too busy carrying on their own conversations to take your order, or they simply forget to give you silverware and heat up your bearclaw. It's disappointing that the service doesn't match the great quality food they offer, especially because their pastries are delectable. I don't think I should have to tip up front before I receive my dish/meal. That's the only way they make it, probably, because if I had the opportunity to tip afterwards, it probably wouldn't be as generous as tipping up front with the hope and assumption of great service to follow.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Coffee great, breakfast sandwich, delicious and the home made breads the best I ever tasted.you can sit outside ,enjoy coffee and have the view of Bell Rock

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Whenever we visit the Sedona area, this is a must stop for us. This morning we stopped by for breakfast before heading out to do some exploring. My wife and I each had their granola with yogurt and fruit, and we enjoyed it very much. Our friends had a breakfast burrito and a croissant sandwich. They, also, enjoyed their breakfast. The coffee here is very good, and we all had some with our meal.

Today, we ate inside because it had rained. Usually, we enjoy sitting outside and marveling at the beautiful scenery.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Had a disappointing experience at another nearby "breakfast/coffee" place in the VOC, so decided to go back to the "old favorite". Desert Flour is the "poster child" for the "local place" for good coffee and good, reasonable food! I was on my way back to Scottsdale on Sunday morning and decided on a late breakfast, which turned into early lunch! I can always count on Desert Flour for a good breakfast sandwich, I spied a roast turkey sandwich on cranberry walnut bread on the menu and instantly went for that. I was not disappointed. The place is not all that big, but there is outside seating that is ample. You can tell the local people like this place because the girls behind the counter know them by their first names. It's a great place to grab coffee (Starbuck's) and a table and stay a while. My sandwich (huge) came with a side salad of tossed greens with a light oil dressing - delightful! When I saw the size of the sandwich, I immediately asked for a "go" box! While waiting, I had a friendly conversation with a couple of the local people in the Bakery. If you can get past the pastry area at Desert Flour, you're better than I am. I usually end up taking home at least a loaf of bread. Desert Flour is not huge and is unassuming, but still the best!