“A Beautiful Gallery”

Turquoise Tortoise Gallery
Ranked #59 of 113 Shopping in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1971 Turquoise Tortoise Gallery has been committed to representing only the finest work from Native American & Southwest artists. All mediums are featured: A wide variety of Native American & Southwestern jewelry (including turquoise in silver or gold), original paintings, bronze & stone sculptures, hand-woven Zapotec rugs & pillows, major potters, authentic Zuni fetishes & much more. Located at Hozho in the heart of the Gallery District.
Reviewed January 10, 2013

In my opinion, this is the finest gallery in Sedona. I have purchased many pieces from them over the years and the quality of their art, jewelry, and customer service is of the highest quality. The staff is very knowledgeable and competent, and owner Peggy L. provides only the best of the best in Southwestern art and jewelry in her gallery. I have never heard one bad comment about the Turquoise Tortoise Gallery in my nearly 20 years of dealing with them, and I know that this gallery operates with complete integrity and honesty. I'm sure that any complaints against this gallery are unfounded and must be taken with a grain of salt.

There are newer reviews for Turquoise Tortoise Gallery

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I love this gallery, I just purchased another piece in November. I have been a customer of the Turquoise Tortoise Gallery for many years and having read the previous review I have to tell you I have never been disappointed in their quality or service. They are always willing to help me with my selections and I have even had a piece of jewelry repaired at the gallery and the results were well worth the wait. This is the gallery to go to for southwestern jewelry in Sedona, AZ.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I love this gallery, I just purchased another piece in November. I have been a customer of the Turquoise Tortoise Gallery for many years and having read the precious review I have to tell you I have never been disappointed in their quality or service .They are always willing to help me with my selections and I even have had a piece of jewelry repaired at the gallery and the results were well worth the wait. This is the gallery to go to for southwestern jewelry in Sedona, AZ.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I purchased a ring from this gallery while on vacation in Sedona. The ring was silver with inlaid turquoise. Within less than 2 weeks of returning home, one of the pieces of turquoise had fallen out. I contacted the gallery and was told I could mail the ring back for repair. I did so and sent the ring back. Hearing nothing from the gallery, I contacted the to inquire of the status several weeks after mailing it back. I was told by the salesperson that it would take a month.
Again, hearing nothing for over a month from that call, I called them again and was told that they only had one repair person who wouldn't respond to their calls. Why they were not able to send it to the artist who made it in the first place for repair remained sketchy. In any event, it is now three and a half months from the time I returned the ring and I still had not heard anything. I contacted the gallery again over a week ago and was told by Alita (sales person) that she would talk to the owner about other options and "call me back". Having not heard anything, I just contacted them again and spoke with Dorothy Lanning the owner. I have never in my life been treated so rudely by a business owner. She berated me for calling to check on the status of my ring and told me it was "out of her hands". Who else would I possibly turn to but the owner of the shop to resolve my issue. She refused to give me credit for the ring, other than a "store credit" which I was not about to accept given the poor quality of the ring and the appalling lack of customer service or support.
I would advise anyone visiting or living in Sedona to steer clear of this "gallery", don't be fooled by the pretty things!

4  Thank Joanne F
Reviewed October 22, 2011

In looking for a piece of jewelry we went into the Turquoise Tortoise...we walked in and found a very helpful and friendly woman working there (I wish I could remember her name)
I did purchase a ring and she was able to give me all the information and background of the artist and even showed me pictures of the family which made it even more special. They have beautiful jewelry, artwork, pottery...This Gallery will be a must stop for us everytime we are in Sedona.