“Grand Canyon; Grand Adventure”

Silver Spur Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #12 of 93 Tours in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: Private VIP and Elite Private tours in Mercedes custom Sprinter tour vans with a maximum of 9 guests per vehicle. Leather captains chairs and large viewing windows for the most comfortable and enjoyable tours in Arizona, our senior/master guides provide a wealth of information about local history, geological formations, traditions and wildlife. We are known for our top quality Private tours and vehicles. We are the first and only all private tour company with Mercedes vehicles where luxury and style are always standard. Come see for yourself and book a Private day tour or an Elite private multi day tour.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I took Silver Spur Tours' Grand Canyon tour this past weekend. I have been to the Canyon before, but had no idea how much I had missed as I gone in "cold" and just wandered from stop to stop. This time we had a most expert and informative guide/driver: Ethan . It was as if he had prepared all his life to lead our tour. He a was treasure chest of information on geology, the flora and fauna of the area, the history and mythology of the Indian people who live in the region today as well as the ancient Anasazi. His knowledge of general history and anthropology was outstanding. From time to time he "customized" the tour for his group. For example he went out of his way to get a small leaf sample from a local tree and explained the growth of a rare form of parasitic mistletoe on its leaves. Because of Ethan's expertise I felt as if I were on a college field trip and learned more about the Grand Canyon and Oak Creek Canyon (we went up through Sedona to pick up the other members of our tour) than I had on all the trips I had taken there on my own.

One other thing I would like to mention about Ethan's attention to the individual needs of those in his group. He was very helpful in telling us in advance at each stop about the difficulty of the trails so that we older members of the tour could have an idea of what we were getting into and could prepare accordingly.

Another, and important, part of our trip were the physical amenities. The van was clean and comfortable and well designed for visibility. We also appreciated the wonderful take-along lunch that was provided by the Wild Flower Bread Company in Sedona. It was also nice to be able to select our lunch ahead of time from a very diverse menu. There were also delicious snacks available from well stocked individual bistro bags provided for each member of the tour.

Before our van left the Grand Canyon area Ethan stopped off at a delightful trading post so we could stretch our legs and browse from an array of souvenirs and other items. Robert, the owner, and his staff were friendly and helpful. Our visit at his trading post was memorable, informative and fun.

I highly recommend Silver Spur Tours and look forward to taking other tours with them. I will also ask for Ethan as our guide. Thank you for providing a wonderful way to see the wonders of the great state of Arizona. We took lots of pictures to remember this experience by.

1  Thank AZhistorybuff
Mike K, General Manager at Silver Spur Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

All of us at Silver Spur Tours thank you for your comments and your tour guide Ethan says hello!

There are newer reviews for Silver Spur Tours - Day Tours

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I took the Silver Spur Tour of the Grand Canyon to view this amazing natural wonder. The clean-like-new Mercedes van offered spacious captain's chairs with seating for eight, and high visibility from the raised seating and extra wide windows. Amenities included plenty of tasty snacks, a delicious lunch from the Wildflower Bread Company, and most important, adequate rest stops. Our host/guide Ethan was an encyclopedia of interesting and entertaining commentary on geology, history, anthropology, Native American mythology, botany, and even zoology. This was not my first visit to the Grand Canyon, but it was definitely the most enjoyable. Silver Spur Tours is the way to go! I highly recommend it!

1  Thank mhs_Hibiscus

Thanks for your nice comments and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Mike , we wanted to tell you how much we enjoyed our tour with your company. The tour to the Grand Canyon from Sedona was excellent. Our guide Brad was considerate and very knowledgeable and ensured a perfect day. The Mercedes van was so comfortable and clean and the only way to really "enjoy" the tour. Silver spurs tour of the Grand Canyon helped make this the most memorable of vacations. We would definitely recommend Silver Spur Tours.

Silver Spur Tours wants to thank you for your great comments and we hope to see you again soon and hopefully on our new Apache Trail tour.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband had never been to the Grand Canyon and so I wanted the day to be perfect. He was able to enjoy it fully while Dwayne did the driving and gave an informative and fun expedition. Nothing was left unturned-the comfortable van, snacks throughout and delicious lunch. Even a parting gift. Thank you Dwayne and Sikver Spur Tours. Michelle O.

Thanks for your nice comments, we do appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon; Dwayne says hello and wants you to know he also had a great time with you.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Do not look any further. If you want to see the Grand Canyon, book a tour with Silver Spur Tours. You will not be disappointed. Our tour guide, Dwayne, was absolutely a man who loved the Canyon and wanted to share that love with us. From start to finish, it was amazing. Read and believe the details of other reviews...from Ken...from Janet. Absolutely, without question, #1 tour. Thank you, Dwayne and Silver Spur!

Thanks for your "Best Tour Ever" posting we love it and thanks for making our day, from Dwayne and all of us!