“A pure blast!!!!”

Barlow Jeep Rentals
Ranked #4 of 93 Tours in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: Rent your own off-road ready Jeep Wrangler and drive the Sedona trails yourself! Much cheaper and more fun than taking a Jeep tour. Easy, moderate and adventurous trails available.
Saint Louis, Missouri
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A pure blast!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I used to own a CJ5 many years ago and had a lot of fun in Missouri with it but there is no comparison to this kind of 4 wheeling. This Jeep was so cool and the trails took us to sights we would have never seen on foot. I have to admit until I learned just how capable the Jeep was I was a little nervous about some of the trails. You soon learn the traction is almost perfect do to the fact you are driving on sandstone ( like sandpaper! )
We did the Soldier Pass Trail first. After that we did the Broken Arrow trail with the famous Devils Stairs ( google it, or YouTube ). We took our time and enjoyed it and it took right at 4 hours.
If we ever go back to Sedona I will do it again, only next time a full day.

Houston, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We rented a jeep for a day in October and our family had great fun. The staff gave us detailed maps for the different trails and we had no problems. The trails allowed us to get out and hike. Especially good for that was the Dry Creek Basin which led to a hike of the Devil's Bridge Trail and a fantastic view. Broken Arrow was the best 4-wheeling trail. The equipment was sturdy and clean. All around a good day.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Thomas C
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“No mercy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I picked up the jeep right before close in order to get a jump on the next day. Took the jeep to the hotel overnight. Unfortunately in the am I discovered that I was sick (food poisoning) and was unable to take the jeep out. Extremely disappointed that I couldn't go. I brought the jeep back first thing in the morning. She refused to consider any kind of partial refund (I rented for a full day), rain check, voucher for a discount for future rental. Nothing. I'm out 369 bucks and basically just babysat the jeep overnight. I would suggest checking out some other alternatives if this is the way they are going to do business.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Jointdoc1
Trailwise, General Manager at Barlow Jeep Rentals, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
As a small business, we highly value and recall many of our personal interactions with our customers. We certainly recall the unfortunate circumstances of your recent visit with us. Frankly, we are very surprised at this negative review--your interaction with us was very pleasant and friendly, and you did not even ask us for any credit or consideration. Since you had picked up the Jeep at 4 PM the previous afternoon, and judging by the miles and the dirt on the Jeep, travelled at least some of the backroads, it did not occur to us to spontaneously OFFER any credit upon your return. It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy the time you had with our Jeep. If any of our customers are ever dissatisfied with the Jeep or our service, we ask that you PLEASE ask for our assistance as soon as possible.
Lisle, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“My affair with Kitty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Rented a Jeep for 24 hours and it was the highlight of the trip. Gave great instruction and maps. Picked up sandwhiches and drinks and headed out on the trail. Told us about great sunset spot. Did not have enough time to do all trails. Amazed and what can be done in a Jeep. Learned a new term-Jeepy!! I returned to find that I had more pictures of Kitty than I did of The Wife.

Visited September 2012
New Braunfels
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Worth every penny!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

No better way to see the real Sedona! Barlow's crew was so helpful with planning our day. Exhilarating experience. You get to see the sights up close and at your own pace. Jeep equipment is in excellent condition. Highly recommend if you are looking to hit the back roads..