“Jeep Rental vs. Jeep Tour”

Barlow Jeep Rentals
Ranked #4 of 93 Tours in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: Rent your own off-road ready Jeep Wrangler and drive the Sedona trails yourself! Much cheaper and more fun than taking a Jeep tour. Easy, moderate and adventurous trails available.
Moore, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Jeep Rental vs. Jeep Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

The staff at Barlow's will help you save a ton of money and put you on the same trails and views as the high priced guided tours, plus, give you all the advise and tips that you need to have a great day 4 wheeling. We rented a 4 door Rubicon for a half day(4 hours), and experienced 2 different trails for less than 1/2 the price for a 1 trail ride with the guided tours. Andy was our trip advisor at Barlow's and is very knowledgable about the area and the operation of the Rubicon. He gave us detailed information about each trail that we were going to tackle and also told us about the best photo ops on each. This is a trip that even 'first time' Jeep drivers can accomplish!! I have owned 4 wheel drive vehicles for the last 40 years, BUT, have never attempted anything of this magnitude, however, Andy's tips and assurances made it a well remembered trip for my grandkids!! Save money and see more of the scenery around Sedona by visiting Barlow's Jeep Rentals.
Cecil,
Moore, Oklahoma

6 Thank Powderhorn09

Calgary, Alberta
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“WOW!!! what an adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

we rented a jeep for a full day and went exploring the red rocks

Sheri gave a quick pep talk and explained how to drive the trails, with both detailed explanations and photos of the trails and what to expect

Sheri told us to do a certain order of trails to build our confidence and comfort with the jeep and that worked great for us

we did several trails and were absolutely amazed at where the jeep would go and how easily that red jeep could handle the climbs and descents

While we did have the time to do all the trails we didn;t get to the Broken Arrow trail, but really enjoyed the Schenbly Hill trail, great views and recommend you do that and take teh time to enjoy the views along the way ( pretty easy trail)

4 Thank Kenji56
Billings, Montana
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Jeepin' Paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

Had a 4 hour rental with Barlow for an anniversary weekend. It was spectacular! They met us as we pulled into the lot, showed us the Jeep, an newer Jeep Rubicon, showed us how to work the top (why put it up?), and gave us a cooler full of ice. Then went in the lobby where they provided us with a map of many of the Jeep trails in the area. You can go as hard or as light as you want.

The Jeep ran flawlessly and was a blast to drive. I even had to do 1 trail twice as my wife wanted to drive it as well!!

Barlow gives you plenty of time to go at a leisurely pace and have plenty of time for short, hiking side trips along the way. I'll go to Barlow again, next time I'm in Sedona!

Visited May 2011
4 Thank doc_que
Katy, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Do it in a Jeep!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

This was by far the high-light of our Sedona vacation. The staff has a passion for Jeep'n and loves to share that enthusiasm with it's customers. They have free detailed maps and advice for first timers that makes the whole experience comfortable and easy going. The Jeeps are very well maintained and clean. The next time we go back to Sedona, were ONLY renting from Barlow. Happy Trails!

Visited April 2011
4 Thank RomanusRodrigo
Wilsonville OR
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“The only way to see Sedona is by Jeep.... A Barlow Jeep!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

My wife of 4 days and I rented a jeep today from Barlow Jeeps in Sedona. The professional team was accommodating, enthusiastic and informative and whats more important.... they encouraged off roading. We picked out "Jane" which is a 2010 Green Unlimited (4 door) Rubicon with a 2.5 inch lift and big BFG tires. It was supper clean and came fully equipped with great AC, Sirius Sat, electric windows, and every off roading option you could ask for including front and rear lockers, disconnect swaybars..ect.

Initially, it was hard to sell the idea of renting a Jeep, on our honey moon, rather than getting a tour company to shuttle us around in girly colored Jeep. (if you look into Sedona jeep tours you will know what I mean) but once on the trail my new wife was extremely excited we took out a jeep from Barlow. We were on the same trails as the jeep tour companies but we could stop when we wanted.. walk when we wanted, and sit and take in the beauty (in silence) when we wanted.... and I got to do the Jeeping!!
The team at Barlows pointed out a couple good view points and trails that fit my experience level (which happens to be moderate but they can accommodate novices as well). We stopped off at a place called Submarine Rock and walked around enjoying our freedom from the herding Tour Companies.. On the trails we passed about 8 pink jeep tour jeeps and every time my wife commented about it.. "They sure look hot.." was a common one as it was over 90 degrees out today.. sure they had shade but they lacked the icy AC we had in Janie... or "sucks to be them." I just smiled.
Im not trashing the tour companies but seriously renting your own jeep is the way to go.. I would put money on it that over half the people on the tours were thinking "I wish I had known about that.."
I would say that renting our own jeep was much cheeper.. Even at 2 people it makes since financially but if you have 3 or 4 people in your group you are saving some serious money getting your own jeep from Barlow.

6 Thank LehrFamily