“Nice Sunday Brunch”
Review of Steakhouse 89

Steakhouse 89
Reserve with OpenTable
Steakhouse 89 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #115 of 205 Restaurants in Sedona
Description: Steakhouse89 is a contemporary American Steakhouse set alongside State Highway 89A in beautiful Sedona, Az. We offer gourmet backyard cuisine, ranging from High Quality Prime steak cuts, fresh seafood, and desirable entree selections. Steakhouse89 utilizes the freshest ingredients available to us, shipped directly overnight with careful consideration and delicate handling of all products. Immerse yourself in our "backyard." Let us prepare your meal, treat you with the welcome and salutations as you would treat your own guests in your Backyard.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I came here on a Sunday with friends for lunch because they wanted to eat at the Barking Frog which we found out is now closed. We found steak 89 here instead and we were very glad we stayed and tried it out. When we came in a guy at the front told us they had only been open for 10 weeks and that they had just started the new brunch menu that was out for that day.

When the waiter told us the chicken fried steak was made with prime rib mr friend and I were hooked and we both ordered that. It was very good and extremely tender. They were very accommodating when we asked for something besides the side of vegetables that came with it and they served us mushrooms instead which were good. The girls both got the crab Benedict and were very pleased with them. My wife and I also had bloody Mary’s which were nicely spicy.

Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable with good recommendations. The ambience was upscale and there was nice live music. I would definitely come back here again for brunch and would not hesitate to try their regular lunch and dinner menus.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We chose this restaurant for a birthday celebration on a Sunday evening. We opted to sit inside where it was quiet and spacious - a beautiful space, tastefully set up (though we hear that the owner plans to remodel...)
We were seated quickly in a spacious corner seating area - and then the waiting for service began - service was s-l-o-w...
We had to get up twice to look for someone to bring us a knife, refill our water glasses and bring us more wine. We both started with a Caesar salad, which was very tasty, and then continued with the filet mignon and the pork chop. Both were delicious. The sticky pudding at the end was also excellent - as good as I remembered it from Scotland!
Food was good, but we were exasperated by the slow/almost non-existent service. With a few changes and improvements, in service, attentiveness, greater beer selection, and yes, white table clothes, too, they could be like a Manhattan steakhouse- not just charge its prices!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I just went here with my wife and three grown kids. Great food and great service. Our waiter Thomas was super friendly funny and engaging. The owner was so friendly and gracious - even offered my daughter and extra coat because she was cold when the wind blew and then gave us a hoodie! Service is Above and beyond. We had the charcuterie and empanadas as appetizers -very delicious. We had three filets all done to perfection and cut with a butter knife! I had the trout with angel hair pasta - the fish was cooked to perfection. Dessert was a chocolate tower very good and toffee bread pudding which was Unreal.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I ate here for dinner and it was so delicious we went back for brunch! First, the service was amazing. Everyone was knowledgable about the menu and the area. We had my infant daughter with us and she enjoyed the soup of the day.

Dinner - I was with a groups so we had several things and shared. My faves were the chateaubriand, the quinoa salad, and the mac and cheese. A friend of mine RAVED about the burger. Everyone really enjoyed their meal. The toffee cake and the chocolate tower were decadent and delicious!

Brunch - We shared again. The steak and eggs were incredible (I'm from the south and the biscuit was GOOD). I also really enjoyed the crab cake Benedict and the prime rib sandwich. Also, the price for brunch was awesome! I was nervous about steakhouse prices and pleasantly surprised!

Overall, I was really impressed by this restaurant. The service and the food were awesome!

Reviewed May 18, 2018 via mobile

Loved the food and atmosphere. Wines were great, high quality. We split a wedge salad and filet mignon with garlic mashed potatoes and added grilled asparagus. It was perfect for splitting. Portions were generous and service was attentive...even though our server was in training. It is still new so not crowded. We did not consider it to be pricey given the quality of food. Would definitely go back.

Been to Steakhouse 89? Share your experiences!