“Good Expirience but Not Worth the Money”

Sedona Offroad Adventures
Ranked #9 of 90 Tours in Sedona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We signed up for a tour with Sedona Off Road Adventures on a recent visit to the red rock mountains. I'm not 100% certain of the name of the exact tour we took, but it was the one most recommended that's scenic and preferred if it's the first time visiting the area. Our guide was great, friendly and knowledgeable but overall I think we were expecting a lot more out of it then we got. The majority of the trip was taking off roads through pretty rugged terrain pointing out plants specific to that area and what they're used for and when we finally got to the "viewing" point of the red rock mountains we were extremely far away from them and got views that we could have gotten just driving around. On the way back we passed some nice scenic points but those were all along a main road where anyone can pass through and you don't need a guide or a tour for. Prior to getting on the tour my husband and I grabbed a local map that has vista points outlined on it. We asked a waiter at a restaurant where we had lunch for some guidance and he gave us great navigating suggestions. We were able to get to a couple of those vistas before our tour and afterwards felt that the site seeing we did on our own was way more spectacular then what we saw on the tour we took. We still enjoyed the tour and had a good time just riding around on the Jeep, but now thinking back we probably could have seen more just getting around ourselves after studying the area. The company does offer more "Cliff Hanger", thrill type off roading which I cannot speak on behalf off since we didn't do those. Perhaps those are more fun from an adventure point of view. As a side note, there are other Jeep / Hummer companies in the area but I believe they all provide similar experiences as we saw cars from 3 other ones pull up to the same vista points during our tour. I believe Pink Jeep tours is a popular one as well.

1  Thank Natalia S

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We booked the Colorado Plateau Ascent, 2hr tour party of 4. Well worth the $, we had a ton of fun and the driver was very informative and knowledgeable. Sat in the middle row which was just rough enough. Would do it again!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We took the 90 min cliffhanger ride. We had such a blast. I dont think you would want more than 90 minutes, this was plenty. My gf and I are younger, so we sat in the back row and almost flew out off the hummer! it was so much fun, i swear if we didnt have our seatbelts on that we would have flown out! Only downfall is, the trip was more just "off roading" and didnt offer high scenic views for any photo ops. Perhaps the other tours do.

It gets very dusty, so make sure you have something to cover your eyes.

Steve was very informative and a great driver!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We went on the Hummer tour. Our guide/driver was Rick. He was great. Thanks for the wild ride. There were nine of us, and they picked us up right at our motel. We went into the hills and canyons near the Boynton trail area west of town. The tour was two hours long and worth every penny.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and I had so much fun taking a Jeep ride in the country around Sedona, we took another ride the next day. The drivers/guides are great to take you around various dirt roads around Sedona. We took a sunset ride, and the sun setting off the Red Rocks was incredible. Also took a morning ride up the canyons and the overlook view of Sedona was magnificent. It was nice to not have to drive and figure out where I was going on the dirt roads around Sedona. The drivers/guides are great people, well-trained, and very safe. Have a good time.