“Vortex tour” 1 of 5 bubbles

South Paris, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Vortex tour”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was my second trip to Sedona. I wanted a close up look at the magnificent red rock formations. The tour I wanted was full, so I opted for the Vortex tour. The Vortex tour never leaves the paved road. It was not what I expected at all. Definitely not worth $55.00 - our driver was knowledgeable, we saw many houses built by celebrities. Everywhere we went we could have gone on our own and used a guide book! I will never do a jeep tour again.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank skonopka

Scottsdale, Arizona
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Crazy driver”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Our driver didn't care we had elders on our trip. He drove fast and almost took my face off from brush. Don't have Joe as your driver

4 Thank mikesmith69
“Wonderful fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had a great tour we will go again he had Colorado plateau very scenic with history geology rock formations plants am animal information. My aunt is 87 and was from Florida and loved the hummer as she had her own seat and we faced forward

Seattle
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Dangerous -- find another jeep tour!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We picked this tour because it lists "Mild, moderate, rough", etc. It also describes what you will see on your tour. This is a group of young 60 year olds -- not 20 somethings. We asked for the Indian Culture Tour which was rated "Mild" and was to include a great deal of historic information.
What we received when we arrived was a hummer and a young man who seemed to know what we wanted. He did a good job at Montezuma's Well. Then he went into the desert. He went way to fast for safety, nearly tipping the Hummer over on one woman's leg. He got lost, had to call back to the home station, knew no history, and seemed most interested in how fast he could drive on rocky roads. He did not consider his audience at all! Finally we arrived to where the petroglyphs were to be and it was a straight drop. One could need rapelling experience to get there. Two of us had been to this sight before by car and we knew there were other ways to get there. Finally, after more calls to base, we made it out of the desert, never having seen the adobe cliff dwellings or the petroglyphs. It was horrible. The driver did admit we were his first tour group. Seriously? For elderly people? We would have stayed and complained and asked for our money back, but we were too sore and tired to think about it.

Visited March 2013
4 Thank Seattletravel_11
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience! Thanks Off Road Adventures!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Today I did the cliff hanger hummer tour with off road adventures. It was chilly but fantastic! The staff was wonderful especially our tour guide Chuck. It was just my friend and I on the tour today. Chuck stopped and took as many pictures as we'd like and was so knowledgeable of the area! We had so much fun. I highly recommend this tour. It was the highlight of our trip!

1 Thank Rachael J