“Beautiful” 5 of 5 bubbles

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great hiking paths, beautiful scenery, simply amazing place. Great picture taking and a fun place to go. The do provide rest rooms. Nice place to have a picnic and hiking. Bell Rock is beautiful and a must see in Sedona AZ.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Lindy L

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Reno, Nevada
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Great introduction to Sedona hiking, Bell Rock rocks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Easy hike on the Bell Rock main trail around the "bell." Good opportunity to climb the rocks for better views. Lots of offshoot paths for exploring. Great views, must do hike! You do need a parking pass which you can buy on site for $5 or you can get a week pass for $15 which is good for many locations. Bring lots of water! Pit toilets only at the trail head.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank traveloften028
Minneapolis, Minnesota
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Bell Rock/Courthouse Butte Loop: easy hike and great views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte Loop were my first destinations on my recent vacation in Sedona. I arrived around 8:45 a.m. on a Sunday and there were plenty of parking spaces available. I ended up buying the weekly Red Rock pass for $15.00 knowing I would be going to other destinations that week.

From the trailhead, I followed the path towards Bell Rock. The path was very well marked with signs and the rock cairns, and I made my way up Bell Rock to the point where the trail ends with the "final" cairn. The views are incredible and make for some great photos. I decided to do the CB Loop so on I went. Like the trail heading towards Bell Rock, I found this trail around CB to be very well marked. I eventually got to a crossroads of sorts where I could hike further through Big Park or return to the trailhead. I was told Big Park is an easy, 1-mile hike but decided to call it a day and return.

As a solo hiker, I felt very comfortable. There were people on the trails (solo, pairs, smaller groups) but because there were stretches of time when I didn't see anyone, it never felt crowded. The trails are well marked so I didn't feel lost at any point.

The entire hike took me about 2 hours which included time to stop to take some photos. I could have easily spent more time here but with the sun and temperature rising, I didn't want to be outside for too long.

I recommend a good pair of walking/hiking shoes (good traction if you want to climb up Bell Rock). You do not need to be an experienced hiker to walk these trails, but keep in mind that the trails can be uneven at points and you are exposed to the sun at many times. Lots of water, sunscreen and snacks (if you think you'll be here awhile) are recommended.

Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte Loop are worth it!

Visited June 2013
4 Thank Susan B
San Antonio, Texas
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Gorgeous Views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

If your looking for a hike with beautiful views, Bell Rock is an excellent place to visit. Its nice to pull the kids away from the television and get them out into nature. Be sure to pack plenty of water to stay hydrated. Enjoy.

Visited February 2013
Stafford, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very secluded”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Great trails and seems less traveled. Enjoyed the quiet and the views. Sedona is full of trails and all are wonderful.

Visited March 2013

Been to Bell Rock? Share your experiences!