“Absolutely great value and service”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orange, California
“Absolutely great value and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

We arrived at 7pm at night and had not booked the hotel. I had read great reviews, and was suggested to stay there by the local ATV store where we had booked a tour for the next day. It was exceptionally clean in the lobby and the attention at the front desk was great. We were given a great "last minute" rate and the room quality was far above what we paid. Two queen beds, four pillow each, seperate dressing room and then shower/toilet area. All very clean and no funky hotel smell. Breakfast was included and totally worth it. My daughter made her own waffles with banana and whipped cream. All kinds of selections. Checked out at 7am and over to the ATV store in less than two minutes.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, March 4, 2011
Thank you so much for your review! I am glad that our property and staff exceeded your expectations and that you and your family got to enjoy Sedona by ATV. There are so many great ways to see our area. Please come stay with us again! My Best, Saara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (674)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2011

My girlfriend and I came to Sedona the week of the BCS National Championship game (War Eagle!!) and could not have been happier with our stay here. There really is not a lot of "in town" in Sedona so I thought the location was great and the views are simply breathtaking. We drove in late at night and did not have a chance to see the Red Rock Mountains that evening. I woke up at sunrise the next morning and stepped out on the balcony and was simply blown away.

As you can see by all of the responses by the hotel on tripadvisor, the hotel takes its guest's happiness and comfort seriously and in that regard I do not think you could pick a better place for your stay. On that note, I would like to personally thank Emily for upgrading us to a room with a great view and a fireplace! It was wonderful and because of that little gesture we plan on staying here again when we return hopefully in the fall. You helped make our first trip to Sedona wonderful Emily!

Our room was nice and as stated above had a fireplace which made it a little more cozy. The continental breakfast was exactly what one would expect but that was great for us as we could not wait to get our days started and get out hiking through the mountains.

All in All a great, memorable trip to Sedona and it all started with our stay at the Best Western.

Thanks again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay! We really appreciate all the comments and information that you wrote about. I will certainly pass along your thank you to Emily. I try to empower each staff member to go above and beyond when possible to make each guests stay a wonderful and memorable one. Thank you again, Saara
Vancouver Island, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

With a fairly empty hotel, it was disappointing to be relegated to the back of the building with a view of the parking lot. I understand these are management pet policies however as our schnauzer is a seasoned well behaved traveler, we would have been more then happy to pay a refundable pet deposit to secure a room with a view to enjoy the brilliance of Sedona. Upon registration, the desk staff were less then friendly and I felt it was an inconvenience to ask them questions. Really were looking forward to Sedona and this experience soured it somehow.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelwithval
My apologies for how you felt you were treated when you checked in. I don't want guests to ever perceive us as being apathetic. And I am even more sorry that I wasn't at the desk to meet you and your wonderful schnauzer. I am a pet owner too and I know that there are some pets out there that are fantastic travelers and wonderful hotel guests. Please do not let that sway you from coming back again. I will personally upgrade you to a top floor, puppy dog included next time you come to Sedona. Please give me an opportunity to make it up to the three of you. Sincerely, Saara Ronan, Front Office Manager
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

I was excited to find this hotel...seemingly lovely location, great reviews and dog friendly! First problem...when making reservation I was informed that none of the "dog friendly" rooms have views of the magnificent surroundings. Oh well, I was told that I could walk around the grounds to see the lovely views.
Decided to go for it anyway and in fact the setting is beautiful and the rooms are clean and well-furnished, especially considering that we were in the dog-friendly rooms...very clean and no discernible odor at all.
There is a large hot tub and pool that is fairly warm, even during the winter....very welcome after long days of hiking.
The other thing that is welcome after long days of hiking is a good night's rest and after all isn't that really what a medium-priced, non-resort hotel room is supposed to provide?
Well, the second problem was that the room did not hold its temperature at all, so subsequently the LOUD-AS-A-JET-ENGINE heater kicked on every 20 minutes throughout the night! Third problem...it only supplied lukewarm air thereby increasing the frequency of the heater kicking on.
Admittedly, I am a bit of a light sleeper, but my 25 year old son is not at all....and he also had two terrible night's sleep.
BTW - I stayed at the Best Western in Holbrook the following night and although it is right off the highway and has seen better days, the heating system was quiet and efficient.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, January 31, 2011
I deeply apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. By your description of the heater in the room, there could have been an issue. I do not know if you contacted the front desk to bring this to our attention. If a guest has an issue and brings it to our attention, we remedy the situation immediately. We have a 24 hour front desk staff and maintenance and housekeeping here during the day to assist with potential issues. I hope we were given an opportunity to fix the heater. If it wasn't operational or functioning properly, we would have moved you. No matter where you stay, you should always feel comfortable bringing a problem to the attention of the hotel staff. If you do not feel happy with the resolution, ask for a manager. Given the opportunity, we always try to accommodate the guest! Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will put the room out of order until maintenance has had inspected it.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2011

stayed there with a sibling in December of 2010.
Pros: The hotel has nice views of the red rocks; Staff is friendly; Rooms are very clean
Cons: This is a motel and you cannot expect the quiet, convenience and comfort of a real hotel; heating system (which can also function as an A/C in the summer) can be quite noisy (it had to stay on all night due to the low temperatures in the 30s and the the poor insulation of the room); Breakfast is so-so

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
I am so sorry that you encountered problems while staying with us. I will certainly make sure I speak to the General Manager and our Chief Engineer about these issues. I will look up the room you stayed in and make sure that there was not a faulty heater. I truly do appreciate you taking the time to comment. If guests don't let us know about problems, we can't fix them. Your input is always appreciated and used to better our property. Thank you again.
Albas, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

Last year april/may we made our first 4 week trip trough the USA, on this trip we visited many states and great places: California (San Francisco, Monterey, San Louis Obispo, Los Angeles and Carlsbad), Arizona (Tucson, Sedona) and Nevada (Las Vegas, Grand Canyon). On this trip we've seen many hotels but in our opinion the Best Western Inn hotel in Sedona was one off the best!

We frequently used the shuttle bus that's complimentary, the driver (forgot his name, we had to write this review earlier... I know... ) is a very friendly guy and with him we had great discussions about our trip and about where we came from.

Close to the resort are great hiking trails, the shuttle bus brought us to the start of the Soldiers Pass trail and after walking the trail we thought we could walk back to the hotel, with only 0,5 ltr water left we almost got a sunstroke so beware, it can be very hot out there and the air is very dry!

We had an excellent stay in Best Western Inn @ Sedona and we will definitely come back some time, for then we will contact the hotel directly to get the best room with the best view on the Red Rocks.... ;)

Thanks staff for this life time memory, you guys are great!

Best regards,
Eric and Lisa from the Netherlands

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
I am so pleased that your visit to the States was so wonderful! We really enjoy being here in one of them most beautiful places. Everyone here at the hotel really appreciates the wonderful comments that our guests write in about. I hope that all of your travels are as enjoyable! Thank you!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2011

I can not tell you how many times we have stayed at this Best Western, but I'm sure it's amounted to dozens of nights. The rooms are nice and clean, the property is very well kept, the staff is always friendly, and the views are awesome! Not sure what else one would look for, so do not hesitate to stay here. Little tip, we prefer the sunrise side of the property. Anyway, you can't go wrong here. Inn of Sedona staff, see you in March!

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank IL2AZ
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
We are so pleased to hear from one of our "frequent" guests. I wanted to know if you are a Best Western Rewards member? We offer points and it would be worth your while since you are here so often. Please call us next time you are coming to town so we can give you a complimentary upgrade. See you soon!