“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Parker, United States
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Not a bad hotel. The breakfast is good, and the room is ok. First room that I was put in was flooded, so they upgraded me to a better room, but that one was next to the loud kitchen that started up at 6 every morning. Average is the best word to describe it - not bad, but not amazing.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
I am sorry to hear that the first room you were placed in was flooded, I know that’s the last thing you want to deal with when trying to get settled in to your stay. I am additionally sorry to hear that the room we moved you too was noisy in the morning. We strive to help all our guests feel relaxed and at home, and I’m disappointed to hear this was not your experience. Please know that these types of problems are very uncommon. If you would consider giving us another try in the future, I know you won’t be disappointed. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, they ultimately help us to be a better hotel.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
Highland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful Views of Sedona mountains from our room which you would have to pay a fortune for. The staff was very friendly and helpful in getting us to the "must see" attractions in Sedona and the hotel even offers free shuttle to downtown even though it's not a log drive at all. As for the hotel rooms, you get what you paid for. Small rooms, but it works for a family of four. Also, breakfast is free and it's the typical continental breakfast. Not bad to start your morning off. A definite stop here again if passing through.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Emhigh
Those views are incredible, aren’t they? I’m glad our staff helped you make to most of your stay, and most of all helped you get to those great places! I am sorry to hear you found the rooms to be small; I am glad they spacious enough for your family. Thank you for taking the time to review, I hope you and your family will be passing through again soon!

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

This hotel was better than we expected- it was super clean with updated rooms, free breakfast, heated pool and the best view you can find out your back door! The staff were so friendly and helpful- the concierge lady mapped out the best drives for us to see the beautiful red rocks- she hit the Neil on the head perfectly with our sightseeing itiniery. Will return!!

2 Thank Lburke71
I am delighted to hear we surpassed your expectations! We try to provide as many “extras” as we can at a reasonable price. I am glad to know that the staff was helpful and really added to the enjoyment of your stay. Please come back and see us soon, there are always more red rocks to see!

La Habra, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Best Western Plus quality is better than what I was expecting. This hotel closely matches the Marriott Fairfield Inn, which I stay in often for work.

The room came with a mini fridge. The shampoo and soaps are dispensed from a wall dispenser, not the standard mini bottles (great for the environment). The blow dryer required a button to be held down for it to work, this was a little tiring.

Breakfast served each morning, including eggs, sausage, potatoes, pancakes, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, cereal, and breads. It was a good selection, but after 9am they started to run out of items.

The pool is heated, so bring your swim suit even in the winter.

Pay the extra to make sure you have a view. We stayed in room 306 which had a great view of the redrock, perfect sunrise and even good sunset. The patio is a shared patio amongst multiple rooms - this did not bother us, but a private patio would have been nice.

I was very impressed with the concierge in the lobby. She provided a great recommendation to Fay Canyon hiking trail. This is a service I did not expect in a Best Western, but found very helpful.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view. ROOM 306 had a view, but shared patio.
Green Features: The soap dispensers were eco friendly and convenient.
3 Thank ALinCA5512
innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
I am delighted to hear that our hotel was above what you were expecting. I am further glad to hear that the staff really added to your enjoyment of your trip. Fay Canyon is a wonderful hike, and I'm glad you loved it, too. I apologize for any food that was in short supply in our breakfast room; I will share your experience with the breakfast manager. The blow dryer button shouldn't need to be held down; I'm thinking yours may have had a malfunction of some kind. I will have our maintenance staff repair or replace it. Thank you for making us aware of the situation. Thank you for your review, we hope you'll find your way back to us soon!

Leiden, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a Best Western with an extra touch. Located in Sedona you pay a steep price for a mid-range US hotel, but the location and breathtaking views are worth it. The hotel feels different when compared to a standard Best western, mainly because of the styling of the exterior. This gives it an foreign touch. Front desk staff was extremely polite and helpful and ensured a swift (early) check-in. Make sure you reserve/ask for a room facing the valley, they are soo much nicer than the ones facing the parking lot and pool area. Breakfast is a little better that in a standard Best Western, but the room in which the breakfast was hosted was a real turn off. Compared to the rest of the hotel at least. I know that US hotels don't seem to care about the standard of their breakfasts, but I don't understand why they don't just make a little more effort. Increase the size of the room and dress it up a little. We've just woken up! Have some cheese, ham/salami and fresh fruit juices. It makes all the difference. Not to mention coffee. If they want to induce a retro-feel to breakfast by serving the most appalling filtered coffee ever (we couldn't even find tea), then they've succeeded with honors. C'mon management, buy a machine and produce a decent cappuccino or espresso. In general we we're very pleased staying at this hotel (apart from the breakfast). WIFI was present, fast, but very choppy.

A small tip when it comes to hospitality. When a guest asks for an AC adaptor Europe/US. Provide one. Ask for e.g. $20 which can be reimbursed once a client returns it. No. In stead they offered one that I could buy for $45. It made me laugh, which forced an apology from the very helpful staff person.

All in all, a very nice hotel. Would come again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank William D
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us in Sedona. Thank you very much for your compliments for our facility and staff, we found your words to be very encouraging. I am so sorry to hear about your experience with the breakfast room. We always appreciate your feedback on how we can improve things there. I think your idea of renting the the travel converters is a great one. Please know that I will be sharing all your thoughts and suggestions with the general manager. Thank you for taking the time to review, we hope to see you here again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

My sister and I stayed for 2 nights to see Sedona. Absolutely beautiful views. Promenade of hotel was wonderful for red rock viewing and enjoying lunch outdoors. Location was great to stay out of the hassle of the tourist trap area, but close enough to get to in minutes. Airport vista is 1 mile away. Hotel personnel very friendly/helpful. Room lighting could be bumped up a bit, but tons of outlets available. Lobby had hot cider at all times, which was wonderful in front of the fireplace after a chilly Pink Jeep tour. Only real negative was extremely noisy kids next door, but that is a parent issue, NOT hotel issue. I'd stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Helen S
Thank you so much for taking the time to review. I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, we can't get enough of that view, either! Thank you for your kind words for our staff and facility, we're glad you felt at home. Please know that lighting upgrades are in the works for all our guest rooms, I apologize for any inconvenience the lighting may have caused. We are certainly looking forward to your next visit!

Elk Grove, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

We spent three nights there and the view from our second-level terrace was awesome. There area little table and four chairs out in the veranda for a nice glass of wine to take in the view. The Hotel staff was extra courteous and helpful. The room was nice although the walls are a bit thin. Some of our neighbors got their showers at 5 a.m. so it was hard to get sleep after that. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want a great view straight out of your room, choose the second floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hannah688
innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
I am so glad to hear you got to spend some time on our terraces; they really are perfect for relaxing with a glass of wine. However, I am sorry to hear about the noise early in the morning, but I'm glad it didn't interfere too much with your enjoyment of the rest of your stay. Thank you for your nice compliments for our staff, we all work hard to make sure our guests feel right at home. Please do come back, we'd love to see you again soon!