“Sedona is Amazing”

Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We just returned from our 7 night stay at the Inn of Sedona. We enjoyed everything about our visit. The views from all areas of the hotel are spectacular. The hotel's location is wonderful. Our room was located on the third floor with the most spectacular views. We spent each evening relaxing on the terrace, table and chairs are available outside your room. The rooms are quiet and the feel of the entire hotel is one of relaxation. We didn't have a rental car, the shuttle that the hotel provides is a definite plus. The three young men that operate the shuttle are pleasant and they want you to enjoy your trip. The pool area is placed in a good location, private and very lovely in the early evening. The hotel is a little more expensive than most Best Westerns but well worth it. We plan on returning.

Room Tip: to really enjoy this hotel book a third floor room facing east
1  Thank Gail A
innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

I must agree with you, Sedona is amazing and I am glad you were able to maximize your visit with us. I'm ecstatic to learn we have gained your loyalty and I look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

From check in to check out, staff did a terrific job in area of customer service.. Great location for our needs. They offer shuttle service to downtown if need is there. Rooms are nice, good amount in amenities, pool and so forth..

If into hiking as we are, two great trails just a few minutes drive from hotel..

1  Thank Douglas S

I'm thrilled to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I am especially pleased that we provided you with excellent customer service. Our goal is to make each guest's stay memorable not only through the amenities we offer but through our customer service. I think it is safe to say we reached our goal in your case. I hope you will allow us to gain your loyalty by returning to the Inn of Sedona on your next visit.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

First let me say that I was torn on whether to give Best Western Plus a three, or four star review. I originally gave it a one star, but worked out my differences with management and better understood a miscommunication that had occurred. They say you don't know the true meaning of a company, or service until you have a problem and see how it is rectified....this was the case.

When booking I asked for two things, to be on the top floor (thank you TripAdvisor Members) and to be close to our traveling companions. When booking I was told one of the rooms would be a handicapped room, not that we needed it, but was told the only thing different between the rooms was one had grab bars in the shower. Upon arriving, this was anything but the case. One room was with a fireplace, lovely layout, upgraded bathroom and separate tub/shower and toilet area behind a separate door. Our room was nothing like this....just a rectangular room with a king bed and two chairs off the door entrance with a very outdated bathroom. I ended up complaining to the front desk and they tried to show us another room, but this one was turned down as it was nothing like our friends room. Well to make a long story short....it turns out that since my desire was to keep the rooms together when booking, management ended up upgrading one of our rooms. Had the front desk informed me of this when checking in, I would have had a different outlook on the situation and it would not have effected my judgement of the Inn. However I do appreciate what management tired to do fur us.

The food was good, plenty to eat with hot and cold items and very filling. The bed was comfortable, however our wall air-conditioner was very noisy causing me to use ear plugs throughout the night. When the compressor cycled on, it sounded like a 747 taking off.

They do have a nice, very large patio with tables and chairs that look out over the Sedona Mountains.

I would certainly come back to the Best Western Plus Inn, but would ask for a fireplace room next time. It was very lovely and I will show photos of both rooms so that other members can get an idea of two of the rooms they offer, obviously they have other layouts as well.

Oh one other thing....when we checked in they did give our friends and us a welcome bag with water and a energy bar....very nice!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review. I am so glad we were able to get things sorted out. It is guests like you that give us reason to love working in the hospitality business! Please give us a call the next time you want to come see us.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Had the pleasure of a 3 night stay here in May 2013. Sedona is a fabulous destination with a lot to see and do and amazing scenery at every turn. It is truly a beautiful spot. The hotel .. meh.

Property has a very nice low key architectmotel typet blends to the surroundings and is very picturesque. The room though is old and tired with bally sheets and not much to get excited about. Its not that its bad its just ... so averageish motel accomodations. I guess its ok but nothing special.

• Stayed: May 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed Sedona as much as you did. We are always looking for ways to improve the property so your suggestions are very helpful. We are actually in the process of upgrading the entire property but renovations can take time especially during our high season. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and I hope to see you again in the future!

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We only stayed for one nite, but the location made it easy to get around, and the price was right. Room was very clean, but the a/c unit was extremely loud. Went down for breakfast, but ut was packed and they seemed to be always out of something. Good place for a quick trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the upper levels so you have a view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for the positive feedback. It is always refreshing to hear about our guests enjoying themselves in Sedona. Please come and see us again.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife stayed here one night on our way back to Phoenix. We both felt that the hotel was design well to fit in the area with their Southwest Sedona style. Rooms were very comfortable. We has a second floor room with nice sunset views and views of Sedona. Try and get third floor room for the views and ease of access. On the second floor we needed to go down steps to access our room with heavy luggage. However had a nice king room with a love seat. Pool area was very nice and comfortable. Hot and cold breakfast was very typical but good. We a pizza from next door, along with a glass of wine that we brought on the patio area just outside our room. Great location for your visit to Sedona. Much cheaper and as good as many of the Inns in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

I am really pleased to hear about the great time you and your wife had during your stay with us. You really gave some great details about your stay which I think captured the essence of Sedona. Thank you for the great feedback. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and I hope to welcome you back to Sedona in the future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Listen Sedona is expensive- hotels and food. This hotel was moderately priced, great location, easy parking, friendly staff and very clean. There are decent views from some of the upper patios or a minutes walk away. Sure you could have a room at another hotel with amazing views from your room window...however expect to pay double or triple the price of this room. Enjoy.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for the nice review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed a number of things about our property. It is always great to hear about our guest's experience so I really appreciate your feedback. Please come back and see us the next time you are in Sedona.