Have to say that the best feature of this hotel is the amazing views over to the Red Rocks of the area from most angles on the hotel’s terraced areas. Probably the only reason for my four star rating rather than the room – they are quite modern but seemed well worn. It is also located away from the hub of upper Sedona – the tourist mecca with all the restaurants and gift stores.
The shared terrace area is a great way to experience a gorgeous sunrise or sunset and the surrounding landscape throughout the day. There are table and chairs strategically placed - not each room has their own. Our room like others in this building had a front and rear door to access the room from the car park spot and an entry to the terrace - a very clever solution so that everyone has some kind of view.
Room size was large with a King bed, two sofa chairs and small table in front of a working gas fire, drawers underneath a decent sized LCD TV, a mini fridge, workplace area plus chair, free wi fi and a very modern and clean bathroom that really outshone the rest of the room. Lighting although Eco friendly was minimalist and quite gloomy. Had some trouble keeping the curtain closed near the front door which let in light and meant privacy wasn’t optimum.Told reception next morning as we felt it too late at night to report it but she advised that it could have been fixed straight away – will try that next time.
The lobby area is quite nice, great artwork pieces and a beverage area with all day beverages for guests (much better than our room coffee), the breakfast room located in a separate building would have been pleasant except that it was Spring Break and crowded with families. We sat outside using the bar stools and tables near a very much appreciated free - standing gas column. Food when it was replenished was enough for a really satisfying continental style breakfast but it was so busy in there we just grabbed some convenient items and kept out of it.
Overall, Sedona is not a cheap destination so no real bargains anytime of year. We just happened to be staying during school break and room rates reflected the time of year leading up to Easter. For the money, even with the views this hotel is somewhat overpriced – but then so is every other hotel in this popular tourist town!
Enjoy your stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With amazing views of Sedona's red rocks from Promenade Terraces; upgraded amenities including a full hot breakfast; and caring service from a great team of friendly people, this Sedona hotel will become your home away from home whenever you visit the red rocks. We love Sedona, and we want you to love it too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Best Western, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inn Of Sedona Hotel Sedona
- Best Western Hotel Sedona
- Best Western Sedona
- Sedona Best Western