“Great Hotel-Fantastic Staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Great Hotel-Fantastic Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful.Truly fantastic. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The views from this hotel were incredible. The views alone made this vacation worthwhile. I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback. I can't tell you how accomplished the staff feels when we get such great reviews on our customer service. I'm thrilled you enjoyed everything about your stay like the views, rooms and assistance provided. I hope you will come back and see us again. Thank you for being our guest is was a pleasure welcoming you to Sedona!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona was a affordable alternative to the extremely expensive resorts in Sedona. We stayed 8 nights in Sedona and we were very happy for the breakfast every morning to start our day of hiking. Eggs, potatoes, pancakes, fruit, muffins, juice and coffee, plenty to start the day. The room was very nice for a moderate motel, the view from the deck was amazing. Just outside of downtown Sedona, so it was quiet and the staff was wonderful. No problems checking in or out and we got great tips on hikes and places to eat in the area. The room did have a crack under the door where light would come in at night, but not a big deal...just put a garbage can in front of it at night. The room was clean, nothing to complain about. All in all a very nice stay for a reasonable price in an upscale town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your 8 day stay. It is always such a pleasure to hear about our guests having a wonderful experience in Sedona. I am so glad you enjoyed the breakfast and are happy with your choice to stay with us. Please come and see us again soon!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

For a moderate hotel, I was very impressed. The service was personalized and efficient. We were waiting in the lobby to obtain a spare key and the General Manager, who was on the way out, stopped to assist us. The Desk clerk told us about a free shutte to local restuarants. After driving all day, this was a real plus. And the room, although not fancy, was spotless. The door opened up to a terrace with a beautiful view of the red rocks. We enjoyed our short stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room off the 2nd floor or 3rd floor terrace.
1 Thank okafnurse
innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you very much for the positive review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the views, great customer service and the cleanliness of the hotel. It's reviews like yours that lets us know we are doing a great job. I hope we have gained your loyalty and that you will think of us the next time you plan to visit Sedona.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Upon our arrival, very late on a rainy night, my initial response to our room was disappointing. Two lamps were not working along with bedding issues (stained sheets along with long black hair all over the bed and sheets!) and cleanliness issues. Carpet was not properly vacuumed. We solved the problem with one lamp (try plugging it in to a working socket) and the other needed a new energy efficient bulb. Why housekeeping can't get items like this taken care of before new guests arrive is careless. At eight in the morning, I called the front desk to speak with a manager regarding our other room issues with housekeeping and cleanliness and was informed a manager will not be in until 9:00am. Hmmm….no manager on site all night? Finally got issues resolved with the very cordial front desk manager and we enjoyed our stay for five nights.
Our room was on the top terrace, which is “street” level with the front entrance and pool, affording us the best views. It is very convenient to be able to park the car right outside your door. We loved sitting right outside our back door on the patio relaxing with wine and cheese, watching the sunset and chatting with neighbors we met while at the hotel. (Had to wipe down dusty chairs and table before use). Our fireplace king room was roomy enough for the two of us. There were two easy chairs in front of the fireplace which we enjoyed a couple of chilly nights in lieu of turning on the heat. Flat screen tv, microwave, frig, desk, iron in closet, hair dryer (which broke on our last day…..went to the front desk to ask for a spare…had none! Ill prepared for emergencies. Had to wait for maintenance man to confirm it was broken, then he went to find a replacement) and bath toiletries (body wash, shampoo, conditioner, lotion) are all amenities found in the room. WiFi is free and quite strong due to our room being across the parking lot from main lobby.
Must try to get to the breakfast room before 7:30 to avoid large crowds and to find a place to sit. As mentioned by others, food is average. Pancakes rolled out of a machine – not my thing. Some type of 12-grain bread for toast instead of white or wheat would be nice. Small muffins (Costco?) were tasteless and dry. Loved the yogurt and granola. There is some seating outside on covered patio….the heaters helped if you were sitting right next to them on the chilly mornings we were there. The pool and hot tub are kept clean and was not that crowded the second week in April. Wish we knew about the 10% discount on pink jeep tours through the concierge. The best thing this hotel has going for it are the views.
Management just needs to tighten up on some housekeeping items along with cleaning/sanitizing the glass on the breakfast room doors (I will admit, I am quite picky when it comes to “clean”).
New York Bagels is a short walk for something different for breakfast. Must say it is nothing special, just average tasting bagels.
Schezwan Chinese and Sushi is around the corner from NY Bagels and has wonderful food and yummy sushi. We ate there twice during our stay. Highly recommend.
Enjoy Sedona!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for giving us your feedback. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any issues you may have experienced during your stay with us. These issues have been reported to the proper department and upon further investigation will be resolved. However, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and that our Front Office Manager was so helpful. I hope that you will come back and see us again soon!

Stotfold, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel has more of a motel feel rather than a full spec hotel. The units seem to be terraced down from the car park level and many have great views of the sunrise over the red rocks. Our room was in a great position and the rear door opened onto the to terrace level ... this was in shade late afternoon and was pleasant for sitting outside in the evening with a glass of wine. The shuttle service was very helpful for dining in local restaurants.

The actual room had a strange configuration ... the two chairs in the room were positioned so that you couldn't see the TV. There were very limited power points and they were poorly positioned. The air conditioning unit was very noisy when in operation and was quite difficult to programme.

The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom small but adequate. The room had a fridge. Wifi was free and fairly quick.

Breakfast was in a room near the swimming pool. The first morning we were there fairly early and it wasn't too busy. The second morning we arrived at about 8am and it was heaving ... all ables were occupied and many people were acting outside. The staff were doing a great job in keeping the food restocked but the lack of seating was annoying.

Overall, we found the staff very helpful and welcoming.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for giving us your feedback. It is a pleasure to hear about our guest's experience during their stay with us. We are always looking for ways to improve the hotel, so your comments are quite helpful. I'm happy to see you enjoyed the views, the rooms, the breakfast and the service provided by the staff. You business is appreciated and we hope to see you again soon!

Kingsville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

My experience at the hotel overall was very good, but with a few caveats. Overall, the property and the staff were quite pleasant.

The issues that detracted from my stay primarily had to do with the room. And it was not any one thing, but many little things. Such as, the air conditioner/heater did not work properly. I had to turn the entire unit off, otherwise risk of freezing overnight. No plugs for the computer or phone chargers in a convenient location, e.g. near the table, nightstand, etc. The clock in the room was off by an hour and 15 minutes. (I mentioned this to the front desk attendant.) The bathroom counter was cluttered with a big tray and bar supplies (yet no wine glasses), so there was no space for my bathroom toiletries. The Wi-Fi was not working and I had to call 1-800 Tech Support to resolve it. Free coffee and tea was provided in the hotel mezzanine with “creamers” - but no milk (maybe that is a Southwest thing as I had the same problem at McDonalds.)

The hotel location is out of the way, but they do offer a shuttle service for getting back into “uptown” and other local eateries (but not Oak Creek).

The real draw for this property is the views. The views from the decks/terraces are exceptional, and that is the main reason why I selected this particular property. There is a terrace on one side of the property that offers better views for sunrise and one on the other side of the property that offers better views for sunset. I had a sunrise view on the terrace from outside of my room and watching the sun rise along the red rocks was spectacular. And I must say, the view of the sunset on the red rocks from my side was quite nice too. There is nothing stopping anyone from viewing the rocks from either terrace, but it is more convenient to view from the terrace where your room is.

I think the choice of properties in Sedona is a little lacking, so take that into consideration when booking. There seemed to be more property choices in Oak Creek, but Sedona is where the best views are.

As I mentioned, the staff at the hotel were very pleasant and even offered a small welcome gift upon arrival. There is a free breakfast, which was quite good. The “western” style eggs were made fresh and were very tasty, which is a nice change from most of the chains. There was a bar fridge in the room, which was handy for drinks and snacks.

One place to not miss in Sedona is the Son Silver West Gallery. It is on the way out of town (south) on route 179 and is way more than an “art gallery”. It felt kind of like a museum with so many items and rooms and displays. I highly recommend spending 30 minutes browsing their property to get a flavor of items south western. Look for the big white rooster!

If you are considering booking a “Jeep” tour, use the hotel concierge to save 10%. Amanda booked it for me and she was great.

Room Tip: Sunrise rooms offers views of both sunrise and sunset on the Red Rocks.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the very thorough review. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the views, breakfast, concierge service, the shuttle service and our friendly and helpful staff. I really appreciate your feedback on the little things that make a difference. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and I hope to welcome you to Sedona again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is clean and has an outstanding view of the red rocks of Sedona. The breakfast was the best I have ever enjoyed at a hotel. Our beds were comfortable but the best was walking out on our patio and enjoying the view while drinking coffee.
Jonielle was the person who greeted us with a smile and arranged for our room promptly. Unfortunately, my wife was suffering from radiation as a result of her stage 4 breast cancer. So the room we were given was not a very good accomodation. I told Jonielle that we could not use that room and she, again with a smile, gave us a room that did accomodate my wife's disability.
April 4,2013 was a great day because of a great experience at a great hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm delighted to hear that you and your wife had such a wonderful time during your stay with us. It is always such a pleasure to hear about all the things our guests enjoyed like the views, beds, breakfast but most important the customer service. I am so glad Jonielle was able to accommodate your needs and that your stay was a memorable one. Thank you for being our guest.