“Location , Location , Location”

Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Location , Location , Location”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel is situated in one of the best locations for magnificent views of Sedona;s Red Rock Mountains. . It is just a short ride into the lovely town, but not to worry, as they have a wonderful shuttle service that runs on the half hour. My husband and son took the car to play golf so I decided to take the shuttle to town. The driver was a very pleasant young man who engaged me in conversation which made me comfortable as I was the only one on the shuttle. I had missed the shuttle by a couple of minutes and the desk called him and he came right back for me. Great service all around. The people at the desk were also very friendly and the concierge recommended a golf course that my husband and son raved about. For you golfers it was the Sedona Golf Resort. Fees were reasonable too. She even made the reservations for them. This hotel has made the most of their location giving everyone a view with huge patios that run across most of the hotel. These patios are large and have convenient tables and chairs to enjoy a cup of coffee or whatever you please as you overlook the Red Rock mountains. No matter if you sit there for the morning sunrise or the evening sunset or anytime of the day you will not be disappointed. The rooms are good size, clean and I would say adequate, but the views from the patio make the stay The breakfast is bountiful with much to choose from. A cut above many of the other hotel chain breakfasts A good savings as breakfast can be expensive in town. We were looking for a casual Italian restaurant on our way home from a hike. We were lucky enough to come across the Picazzo's Organic Italian Restaurant. I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised as we had no expectations. It has a nice casual feel to it with dining in and outside. If you are into health foods this is the Restaurant for you as it served most everything organic and healthy as well as tasty. If you are not into the organic health foods this is still the Restaurant for you as the menu is varied with so much to choose from. We each had a different entre and shared it as a family dinner. Wonderful food!! The service was as good as the food. Very friendly and competent staff. .It seems like the place locals patronize. I feel it was a great find and wanted to share it. Request a room on either level 2 or 3 and ask for a view of the Red Rocks. Can't go wrong.

Room Tip: Rooms on level 2 or 3 facing Red Rock mountains beautiful views and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I want to personally thank you for taking the time to leave such a friendly and thorough review. It really means a lot to the entire staff when a guest can capture in writing the positive things about their stay with us. It helps potential guests get a better idea of what it will be like to stay here and gives the team a boost of encouragement by letting us know that we are doing a good job. I am so glad that you enjoyed the views, the staff was friendly, the shuttle was convenient, the concierge was helpful and the breakfast met your expectations. I have to admit Picazzo's is one of my favorite restaurants in Sedona for all the reasons you mentioned in your review. I hope that you will come see us again soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
Indiana
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My family and I stayed 2 nights over Easter. Wow the view was amazing. We really liked the shared patio, much better then a tiny balcony. Pool area was small and pool was chilly but the hot tub was relaxing. I was glad we booked this BW over the one uptown. This location was off the main road a bit which made it feel more private. Check in was fast. I'm pleased with my decision to stay here, we'd like to come back to the area someday.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. It is always a pleasure to hear about families enjoying their stay with us. We prefer for our guests to have the opportunity to enjoy the same views as everyone else, so I am really happy you liked the shared terrace. It sounds like you were able to utilize all the amenities we have to offer especially the breakfast, hot tub and even the location. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we would love to have you come back and visit us again.

Homer Glen, Illinois
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel was very nice, clean and well equipped. The room is a big costly as others will tell you, but that seems to go with the neighborhood. We found the room to be VERY comfortable with a great view. This is the BEST Best Western I have ever stayed at! I would go back there again and will recommend it to everyone and anyone. A truly nice place. The stay was flawless.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We really appreciate your awesome review! It is an honor to be described as the "BEST" Best Western you have ever stayed at. Your kind remarks let us know that we are doing a great job and that means a lot to the whole staff. I am delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and I really hope to see you again soon. Thank you for the positive review!

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights at the end of March. Our room was 109 which had a patio and a few view of the Red Rocks. It also had room for 2 queen size beds and a rollaway. Adam at the front desk was very helpful and patient when we asked about different places to hike. I was surprised that a Best Western was so nice. And the included breakfast had something for everyone.

Room Tip: We were on the 1st floor and we thought the view was great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
It is always a pleasure to hear about our guests really enjoying their stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It sounds like we gave you the Best Western impression of great customer service. I am so glad you enjoyed the views, rooms and breakfast. Please come and see us again soon!

United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My daughter and I took a short trip to Sedona in the last week of March 2013. When we arrived at the hotel at 3:00 p.m. (the designated check in time) we were very rudely told that our room was not yet ready. No apologies from the reception staff, the information was delivered with an undertone of irritation. Since we had booked a Pink Jeep tour to come by and pick us up at the hotel at 4:00 pm we had no choice but to use the inadequate restroom in the lobby to freshen up. This was not an auspicious start to our stay in Sedona. When we got back from our tour at about 6:00 pm we found that our room was ready. The reception staff deigned to give us an apology for the delay. Too little too late folks. The room on the lowest level of the hotel was just about adequate. The cleanliness quotient was on the lower end of the scale. The next two mornings we got to experience the breakfast buffet of stale food which is replenished in a lackadaisical way. even the coffee leaves much to be desired. We planned to eat breakfast and go for a hike. It took longer than the 30 minutes we had allotted for breakfast due to the long lines, lack of adequate tables and not enough staff filling the empty food containers. We had the same experience on the second morning. We got back to the hotel by about 11:00 am after a fabulous hike and saw that our room had not yet been cleaned. We took showers and took off to do other things in and around Sedona returning only at about 5:00 pm to find our room had still not been cleaned. The housekeeping staff arrived at 6:00 pm (five of them) and we left the room to give them a chance to do their jobs. It took them less that 10 minutes to do a cursory clean up. In my opinion the place is overpriced and the service is less than satisfactory. I will definitely not be staying with them and I would not recommend them to anyone either

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I am so sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay! We appreciate you filling out this review and please know that we take your comments very seriously. We pride ourselves on our great customer service and to find out that you and your daughter were not shown this courtesy is unacceptable. Our breakfast room is small but I know that Hyde and Cynthia try hard to make sure that all the breakfast items are kept full and fresh, so I will forward your comments on to them for training purposes. Our high season is always a challenge for our housekeeping staff but I certainly understand your frustrations. I wish that I had found out about your issues before you checked out! I personally hope that you could come back to visit us again so that we can show you how we want our guests to be treated.
Saara
SCARBOROUGH
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Beautiful location, great view. I found it a bit costly, given that it was a Best Western and are usually quite reasonable price wise. Other than the price, overall great place to stay. The breakfast was great, and the pool/hot tub outside was very nice as well. They also have a shuttle that can take you in to town - great option if you don't want/can't drive yourself.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank THERESA L
innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
I am so glad to see you enjoyed the location and view. I must admit the views from the shared terraces are quite amazing. I'm pleased to see you liked the breakfast, pool and the free "About Town" shuttle. We do our best to provide the best customer service and amenities possible for our guests so it is encouraging to hear our guest say they utilized all the amenities we have to offer. I apologize that our rate was higher than you expected but for Sedona, we are quite reasonably priced. I do hope that you will come back and see us again soon!

La Jolla, California
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I needed a place to stay for a night on my way to another destination. I'm trying to find something nice to say.

They have a shuttle? I didn't use it, but they need one.
They charge a per night pet fee versus per visit.
Views from some rooms. My view was the parking lot at ground level for $258.00/n.

Otherwise-

Overpriced!! Motel charging hotel prices without the services.
Management is wrong, but never in doubt
Hot Breakfast. Looked around, poured some to go coffee, left. Not worth the calories.
Uncomfortable bed with hair in it.
Noisy. It wasn't exactly peaceful listening to people drag outdoor furniture on the patio above for hours.
A/C/heater woke me up repeatedly.
Pet Friendly. From what I can tell they are the worst rooms in the house.
Dirty carpet. My dog was cleaner. I showered with flip flops.

My second stay here I bolted at 5:30 a.m. My advice to you is to make sure you have a confirm email with all the reservation details. I had problems with booking and was charged a no show that I'm disputing with the cc co.

I travel through the area 3x a year. I can tell you with certainty that no matter what Mgmt does at this point I will never go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
innofsedona, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to voice your opinion. We try very hard to make sure that all our guests have a wonderful experience and we're very disappointed that you did not. I wish that you had voiced your concerns while you were here so I could have addressed them immediately! I know that you have stayed here previously, and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future.