“What a pleasant surprise!”

Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My two-night stay here exceeded my expectations!
I had casually mentioned in my online reservation that the trip was for my birthday, and we arrived to a complementary bottle of wine and a hand written note wishing me a happy birthday.
Shuttle service was accommodating and convenient, drivers were very pleasant.

Clean, scenic, reasonably priced and friendly staff. We will be back and will share our outstanding experience with friends.

1  Thank melissa b
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

We are honored that you would spend your birthday with us which is why we tried to make it as special as possible. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your expectations were exceeded. It is always encouraging to hear that we have gained another loyal guest. It was such a pleasure having you as our guest and we cannot wait to see you again!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,194)

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My sister and I stayed at the BWP Inn at Sedona for 4 nights in February. From our initial check in to our departure, everyone was kind, patient, helpful and friendly! The hotel has a great location with spectacular views, close to all the areas worth visiting. Even the ladies who made breakfast in the morning were cheery and caring, swiftly filling food trays as they emptied. We especially want to highlight concierge Joan Bickis, who was so helpful in constructing an itinerary for our three day stay. She made us aware of all the alternatives, pros and cons, but did not " push " anything and gave us time to make our decisions. As a result, we had a wonderful three days! Thank you, Joan, and to all the team at the Inn of Sedona.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Annairene
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

I am thrilled to hear about the great time you had during your stay with us. It is always refreshing to hear about how helpful our staff is and how welcomed you felt. I have to agree with you, Joan Bickis is quite helpful and a pleasure to be around. I will definitely let her know how much you appreciated her advice. The views are spectacular and I am happy you were able to enjoy them along with the breakfast and room. Thank you for your kind words. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Beautiful Property, with great views of the surrounding landscape. The staff were very pleasant and helpful, clean room, and the full, hot breakfast was a good start to the day. This motel was recommended to me, so I didn't price other motels, but would guess that it is comparable to others in Sedona.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank 9RAB9

Your pleasant review is greatly appreciated! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a compliment to hear that a guest chose the Inn of Sedona by word of mouth and had a great experience. I am pleased to hear that you really liked the views, rooms, breakfast and most important the customer service. We work hard to keep our guest's loyalty and I hope that is what we have done in your case. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel was disappointing mainly because we stayed there right after staying in the Best Western of the Grand Canyon. I had high expectations for the room since this was quite pricier but the room/bathroom was a lot less than in Tusayan. The location, though, is perfect and gorgeous.
The staff was uneven: Some were very nice and helpful, some were decidedly less so.
I was travelling with my niece and she was very disppointed when her favorite items at the breakfast buffet were unavailable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

I really appreciate all your feedback. I am quite disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your room and bathroom. We have future plans for upgrades and we are actually in the process of upgrading our bathrooms. I hope that you will come visit us once that is done and hopefully you will be impressed with the changes. I am discouraged to hear that not all of the staff were helpful. We strive to provide the best customer service possible and will continue to do our best. I am sorry to hear that your niece was unable to get her favorite breakfast item. We do our best to provide all the items in a buffet but sometimes, depending on occupancy, we do run out. I am so discouraged to hear about your disappointment and hope that you will come back and let us improve your next experience with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the gorgeous views. We really appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We enjoyed the facility, especially the wonderful terraces with their views, and the very tasteful room decor. The facility enjoys a great setting on a high point of land with excellent views of Red Rock Country from shared terraces outside of each room. It's an older facility but shows signs of recent updates and careful maintenance.

Tom Ford at the front desk gave wonderful and detailed advice on area hiking opportunities, which contributed greatly to our visit.

A few notes:
- Maid uses a fairly aromatic room freshening/deodorizing product. Had to open both doors and clear the air for 30 mins to get rid of it.
- The bathroom was small. However, the "O2" amenities were nice and the showerhead gave a generous, hot, invigorating shower!
- Rooms were decorated tastefully with new furniture, linens and carpet; sepia-toned historic photos in modern frames, plus a flat-screen TV and good-sized desk, were the finishing to touches. Also, a small gas fireplace with ceramic elements, which really heats up the room quickly!
- The breakfast room is small and crazy busy by 8:00. We ate on the adjoining patio. Outdoor heaters are pretty but unlike the infrared type, these did not really provide much heat to the table area. So bundle up if it's in the 50s!

Overall, any inconveniences were minor points and overall we enjoyed our stay. If you are not particularly social or just need to "chill" and do not wish to interact with any other guests or staff during your stay, you might be better off at a more modern facility where you are isolated from others.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the very thorough and flattering review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay with us. I am grateful for the suggestions your provided. It helps us to grow as a business. I want to thank you for noticing the upgrades and our careful maintenance. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail. I am so glad that you enjoyed the views, rooms and breakfast. I hope to see you again soon. It was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Overall, I can't say my stay was a positive experience. While the view from the deck was incredible, I had envisioned a private terrace that I could sit out on. This is a public terrace, so if you want to enjoy the view from your bed you will be in full public display. If you need some privacy, you can close the drapes but then the room is very dark and the lighting is pretty limited. As far as the location - its not really in walking distance to anything, if you want to go to the shops or restaurants you will have to drive. As mentioned in the previous review - the heating unit in the room is extremely loud, and kicks on every 10 - 15 minutes with the voraciousness of a jet engine. I finally had to call the front desk to find out how to turn it off - just turning off the thermostat doesnt do it. The man at the front desk seemed to be very knowledgeable with the issue - and told me how to turn it off at the wall switch near the floor. This may be a nit - but the coffee maker in our room was broken. The breakfast was fine but the room was overcrowded - incidentally we did observe an older couple drive in and park to walk over to the breakfast area - so it must have a reputation of being a good breakfast. Overall, will probably save my money next time and enjoy the views from the many spots in Sedona. But if you had a large group of people an wanted to sit out on the deck each night, it would be an ok option.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

We strive to make each guest’s stay exceptional and it is discouraging to hear that we did not fulfill those expectations in your case. I apologize if you were mislead into thinking that we provide private terraces. We try our best to emphasis that our terraces are shared for all our guests to enjoy. We are indeed located just a few miles outside of uptown Sedona, which is why we have our “About Town Shuttle” as a complimentary amenity for all our guests. I apologize for the noisy heaters. We have them consistently serviced in an attempt to prevent the issues mentioned in your review. Thank you for bringing to our attention the broken coffee maker. We have replaced the coffee maker and it will not be an issue in the future. I do hope that you were able to enjoy the coffee available in the lobby 24 hours a day. I understand your concern about the limited space available in the breakfast room but I hope that you were able to find seating just outside the breakfast room next to our gas heaters. We have had many reviews on our delicious full hot breakfast buffet and I am hopeful that you were able to enjoy it regardless of the space issue. I am so grateful for all the issues you have brought to our attention and I can assure you that we are working to address each one of them. I apologize for the disappointment you experienced during your stay and I would love another chance to make your stay much more enjoyable. If there is anything else that you would like to share with me, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 928-828-3072. Thank you so much for your feedback. It really helps us to improve our hotel for future guests.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

if only this hotel lived up to its views.......

usually i start with -> is the hotel clean, safe, comfortable --- and then it goes up or down from good depending on other factors

this goes down

maintenance issues:

we asked at the front desk to check on the hot water coming out of the shower (was more like luke warm) - also to snake the sink

no sink snaking was done - water drained at the same slooooow speed every day

the shower issue was going to be looked at even though we were told it was "because everyone was taking showers at the same time" --- the sink water was very hot, so that couldn't be true, needless to say, the water temp was not fixed

although the room was cleaned well each day, one day we came back to find the shower curtain and its tension shower rod in a big pile on the bathroom floor by the sink - it must have come down for the housecleaner but obviously there was no attempt to fix it (except by us) -- it had also fallen down for us one day as well almost hitting my wife

the heater was extremely noisy and no way to shut it off, we switched the thermostat to off and it still kept kicking on all night - we finally fixed that by unplugging it

only one washer and dryer - no way to get change - no where on site to buy detergent

the handicapped shower water drained out onto the bathroom floor making it slippery and very wet - most of our towels everyday went to sopping up the wet mess so we could use the bathroom

as far as the accessibility issues go - we were given an accessible room even though we didn't need it --- but my wife has travelled extensively with people who do and she said it was heart breaking --- maybe it is ADA compliant, but it certainly was not ADA convenient -- so this part of the review is for those who may need guidance of the sort

1) shower floor is slippery and transferring from a wheelchair to the seat and back would be a major problem
2) no place once seated on the chair to put one's toiletries
3) the water controls on for the shower involved three different handles - not very convenient for someone seated on the chair or struggling to hold on to safety bars
4) the aforementioned slippery bathroom floor once the water fails to drain in the shower
5) the shower curtain/tension rod that comes down too easily (onto someone's head that can't react and move quickly enough)

i'm not one of those hyper-critical people - check my previous reviews -- but this place needs help

1  Thank joisey-joe

I want to personally thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I am so disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I can understand your concerns about the maintenance problems you experienced. The sink in the room you stayed in has been serviced and the water heaters in the hotel have all been inspected for proper functioning. We service our heating units consistently but we certainly appreciate you informing us of your issues so we can address them quickly. I appreciate your concern about our ADA room and we are working with an ADA consultant to make sure that everything exceeds ADA standards. While we hate to hear that our guests did not completely enjoy their stay with us, we really do value the feedback and appreciate the suggestions for improvement. I apologize for the confusion with the washer and dryer. We do provide change as well as detergent at the front desk for the convenience of our guests. I want to thank you again for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us. It is greatly appreciated and it helps us to make our hotel better for future guests. If there is anything else we could have done to make things better, please feel free to contact me personally at 928-282-3072.