“Loved It!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Riverside, California
“Loved It!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This a super nice hotel with a breathtaking view. Not your usual Best Western. Our room was pretty standard with a few nice upgrades. However, the exterior of the hotel was first class. we had a giant terrace in front of our room to enjoy the amazing views. The staff was really great, especially Joan, the Concierge. Her recommendations were right on the money!

Room Tip: The only downside to this hotel is if you stay on the first or second floor, (the third floor is at...
1 Thank Dolly B
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
I am so happy that you were able to enjoy your stay with us. It is always great to hear about the wonderful time our guests have here in Sedona. I am glad that you enjoyed the views. I must say they are amazing. I hope to see you again soon. Thank you for the great review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (694)
Galiano Island, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2012

First of all, let me say that there is nothing really wrong with this place. It's a perfectly lovely little Best Western. We pulled in around an hour before sunset and were treated to the most amazing sunset off the red rocks and a gorgeous moonrise - right outside our room door.

We got a room on the first floor. I also don't think this is accessible by elevator at all, although there is a nice, gently sloping walkway down to the room as well as stairs. We pulled the truck as near to the room as we could (just off the mail road) to unload and they parked back up top.

The property is a terraced place in the side of a hill. The first floor might feel like some to be a basement but it's actually more of a walkout. We checked to see if there were any more rooms on the 3rd floor because of the view but there were no rooms available so we stayed in our first floor room.

Pros:
-It's a really nice hotel. The rooms are clean and the TV is huge and new.
-Even from the first floor we could see the hills and cliffs. It's beautiful. Also, I suspect that the first floor is way more PRIVATE! People are always up in front of the second and third floor rooms sitting on the terraces and taking pictures, chatting and laughing. It's a jovial atmosphere, right outside your door.
-The pool and hot tub are lovely. Towels are in your room in the closet (for the pool) and in a room of two double beds there are only three towels...we only stayed one night so we don't know if they replace them or not.
-Front desk is friendly and helpful
-They have room-service - although we didn't try it, they'll bring a full linen service to your terrace table if you like and you can dine alfresco on some pretty decent sounding nosh.

Cons:
-The beds are hard and sorta cheap feeling - I guess when most hotels are going all pillow-top and luxury it's a glaring difference when you're on a bed that is a little tired. Plus I hated the polyester duvet cover. But that's just me. It's not a reason to lose a star or anything.
-The first floor does feel a little basement-ish.
-OMG the A/C fan thing is like someone is firing up a jet plane in the room every ten minutes or so. Once asleep it was fine and didn't wake us, but we had to wait until the kids were fast asleep before we could turn the fan on. This could have been negated totally had we been able to open the window...it was October and cool enough at night.
-The room is directly below the terrace above. At first I thought that was great since you wouldn't hear the people in the room above you, but then I realized that you heard all the traffic on the terrace instead - read luggage, high heals, running, chairs scraping across the pavement. Again, it's not like it's super loud, but maybe others are more sensitive to this that I am so I thought I would let people know.

All in all, I would stay here again but on an upper level and see if it makes a difference. It's a pretty nice Best Western and the staff are wonderful. I slept well and enjoyed the view and watching the bats hunt against the dusk sky as we spent the evening outside. I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. It will surely be a great help to other travelers. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate you bringing the issues that you experienced to our attention. I will definitely inform the proper departments so we can get then resolved. Thank you again for the review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Penticton
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was our visit to Sedona and know we made the right choice by staying at this hotel. If you're lucky enough to meet Jonielle at the front desk upon checking in, you're already off to a great start. How nice to be greeted with such a welcoming smile and helpful attitude. She was always willing and able to answer our many questions. We found the room to be very clean and comfortable. We were surprised to find a bottle of wine and a handwritten note for us acknowledging our anniversary...very nice touch! The views from the terrace outside our room were absolutely stunning. What a lovely place to sit and relax. The breakfast room was always tidy and offered a nice selection to choose from. The shuttle service is fantastic and was a great way to get around town. Our thanks again to Ram (driver) for his outstanding service and great recommendations. We're hopeful we'll return again and will not hesitate to stay at the Best Western Plus Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for acknowledging our staff and the great customer service they provide. It is our goal to make each and every guest feel welcomed and comfortable during their stay with us and I believe we have accomplished that with you. I truly hope that you will come back and see us again!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

This was my first time to Sedona so I was looking for a place to stay that would give me that Sedona experience. I hit the nail on the head by choosing Best Western Plus Inn. The location has to be the best (about 1-1 1/2 miles from town) can use their shuttle if you want, but I like the more serene atmosphere than in town. The views are breath taking from the balcony. The staff very professional and knowledgable. A great perk was a hot breakfast included at a great price. So if you are looking for a place that has it all, stay here at the Best Western Plus Inn. I know when I return this will be my place of choice.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ezduzit3
I am so pleased to see that you really enjoyed your stay with us. It is always nice to hear how we helped make our first time guests so happy. Thank you for all the nice compliments. It certainly was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed October 23, 2012

First visit to Sedona and enjoyed our stay at this BW. Front desk staff was great and made a wonderful recommendation for my wife's BD dinner. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Had a room off the terrace and enjoyed dinner/drinks out there watching the sun go down on the gorgeous landscape. Location was very convenient in West Sedona (the more modern part of town) but a short drive to walk around the older uptown area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
It is so great to hear how much you liked your stay with us! I am so pleased that we were able to share your wife's birthday with you. It certainly was an honor having you as our guests on her big day! Thank you for the awesome review and thank you for appreciating all the amenities we have to offer. I hope to see you again soon!
Montebello, California
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed there for a night and it was a great stay! The staff was really friendly and accommodating. The room was awesome and very comfortable and spacious. The view was also great! To come out of your room and see the beautiful views of Sedona was unbelievable and then there were also the seating area outside to view the stars at night. It didn't feel like a hotel at all, but a very cozy place. The food at breakfast was great and everything was fresh and hot. The best part about this location is that they provide a shuttle to various parts of town and they are just a phone call away to pick you up. It was great not having to take the car out and hassle with finding parking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the very flattering review! I am so glad that you thoroughly enjoyed every part of your stay with us. Everything we work for is exactly what you enjoyed. The views, the location and the breakfast. I can wait to have you back as our guest!
New Palestine, Indiana
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff was very friendly, and the room was comfortable. The views were outstanding! There were tables and chairs right outside our room to enjoy the sunset. My husband & I got up to watch the sunrise the next morning. There are some paths right next to the hotel where I was able to get some great pictures. Breakfast was good. They have a machine where you can make hot pancakes that we really liked. They also have a free shuttle that we took to the shops, while some other people got dropped off at a grocery store. The driver was very friendly & courteous. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I am so pleased to see that you really enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff really tries to treat each guest with the best customer service possible and they seemed to have accomplished that with you. I am very happy that you enjoyed the pancakes at breakfast! I am also glad that the shuttle was so useful to you. Thank you for the great review! I hope to see you again soon!