“Great Views and Better Service”

Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We fell in love with this hotel for the tiered patio with views of the famous Sedona Red Rocks. I was impressed with the staff from the get go because when I called to ask a question about if there were any suites that could have 5 people and they didn't the person I spoke with was ready to provide me with other hotels in Sedona that did have 5 person suites. We instead decided to book here anyway and split to two rooms because we just had to see the view. The great service continued at check-in with the front desk staff who immediately recommended restaurants and provided discount cards to a few places. The concierge was also amazing and she stopped on her way out the door to answer our one last question. The front lobby is beautiful and has a nice fireplace. Our rooms were very nice and very clean. The hot tub was wonderful, especially after dark for stargazing. Breakfast was one of the best I have had at a hotel with plenty of hot food and other options as well.

Room Tip: Request a 3rd floor room for the best views of the red rocks from your room-however all balconies ar...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank hikerkidz
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. Our staff is very proud of our property and each and everyone truly enjoys being part of Sedona and its surroundings. We do our best to accommodate each guest and we are pleased that you ended up getting 2 rooms and enjoying our terraces. Our concierge is fantastic and she really takes the time to plan your stay. We hope you will come stay with us again soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

I booked this hotel several months in advance. The price was average for Sedona, but the room was a big disappointment. The website photos show only the best side of the hotel, complete with huge promenade decks and scenery that is spectacular. Unfortunately, we did not get anything close. I was told at the time I made my reservation that we had a non-view room, with a small patio area right outside. We had a small dog with us, and have found out the hard way that Best Western gives their guests who travel with pets the worst rooms in their hotels. We had a tiny room on the lower level, no patio, and a tiny window facing the parking lot. The way the place is set up, with 3 tiered levels, everyone staying in our wing parked in that same lot outside the door so we got the pleasure of listening to diesel engines warming up for sometimes 20 minutes, car alarms, and what appeared to be a staff member with a car problem, attempting to start it for about 6 hours. There was also the occasional loud scraping sound coming from the ceiling above whenever someone dragged a patio chair around on the promenade level. This started at 6 am. There was nothing in the room worth mentioning, it was bare bones. We had access to the veranda above us with the dog so I wonder why they don't allow pets in the rooms up there. I also noticed the lower level rooms on the opposite side had a very nice private patio in front of their units. There is a complimentary breakfast served, but the room is much to small for the amount of guests and was packed full. Both days we had to take our meal outside, across the parking lot and down two flights of stairs to eat in in our dark room. There is an outside area that has tables, but it was much to cold in February to use it. Wouldn't go back, nor would I recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Don't bring a pet, you will get a better choice
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chainsaw_queen

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for expressing your opinions. Our property is built on a hill and we have multiple terraces. Each guest, regardless of their room location, has access to each and every one of our wonderful, open and spacious terraces. We want each guest to be able to enjoy the different views from one of our 5 terraces. Our views are from our terraces, which provide incredible views of the surrounding red rocks.

We are a very pet friendly hotel and love to meet our guest's pets. We have designated ground floor pet rooms for easy access to areas for pet walking and easy parking. Pets are welcome through out our property. We also provide biscuits at the desk and a list of pet friendly restaurants and information on dog parks, groomers and pet sitters.

We do our very best to provide clean, convenient and comfortable rooms for each guest. We are proud to be a hotel that is energy and environmentally efficient, using resources that conserve energy, such as the size of our guest room windows.

We also understand that some guests are allergic to pets and that is another reason for our pet designated rooms.

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Sedona is a beautiful area and we all enjoy it and want to share the beauty and opportunities with each visitor.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Based on previous helpful reviews, we requested a 3rd level room, which provided the best views of the surrounding red rocks. Third level is actually lobby level in this hotel, so very convenient, and we were able to park right outside our room. The terrace outside our room faced west, providing great sunset views, but the east-facing terraces had views that were just as stunning. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, and as Best Western "Rewards" members, we were given a nice welcome kit with bottled water and treats. We also received a welcome e-mail shortly before our arrival.

Be sure to stop at the concierge desk for advice; ours was very well-informed and gave us great ideas for a sightseeing tour on our own. They also have discount coupons for tour packages.

We had a car, so we didn't use the complimentary shuttle, but this is would be a convenient service if you needed it. The hotel is centrally located, in the middle between uptown and downtown.

We felt that the breakfast was generous, with both hot and cold choices including fresh fruit. As others have mentioned, the breakfast room was sometimes crowded with not enough seating, but tables opened up fairly quickly.

Our room was very basic, rather spartan in both furnishings and decor, but nevertheless clean and adequate for the price (approx. $103/night.) Bathroom was VERY small, (no separate door for the toilet as others described) with a tub so narrow that there wasn't a flat area to stand on the bottom. There was no mirror other than the one in the bathroom, and the mini-fridge was just sitting on the floor, not built into cabinetry as is common in nice hotels.

Be aware that Sedona is a "dark skies" city, meaning that there is minimal nightime lighting so as not to interfere with star-gazing. We arrived at the hotel after dark, and we had to shine our car's headlights along the row of doors to find our room number. It was also difficult to find the slot on the door for our key card. Front desk is aware of this, very apologetic, and said they are taking steps to remedy the situation, pehaps providing guests with small flashlights to help them find their way.

In summary: great customer service, spectacular views, good location, adequate rooms.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NancyinMinnesnowta
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel! It's nice to see Rewards members so often and I'm glad you enjoyed our little welcome gifts. Our staff are the best, and you can't beat our Concierges for dispensing information and finding 'deals' for you. I am happy to hear that you took advantage of that service.

Our new hot breakfast is a nice one and it seems you felt so too. Next time you return, you will find your mini fridge enclosed in nice cabinetry. That is an upgrade we were installing while you were here, but not all rooms had this at the time. We have also upgraded our bathrooms and a number of other things are in the works. I hope you come back and get a chance to see our changes!

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Motel looks very nice on the outside, but standard fair on the inside. Breakfast was nice good fresh food. Baloney rooms have a view. Cost is too high for the room, location, location, location is what you're paying for.

• Stayed: March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad you appreciate our location as it is an amazing view from our terraces. I am sorry you felt the price was too high for the amenities. We have made several more upgrades since your visit and are receiving great reviews. I hope you'll come back and try us again!

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Just spent 5 days at this Inn prior to having knee surgery. As usual it was a lovely stay with the peace making red rocks in sight every day. This trip however, I met several people from outside the US and I always enjoy talking with non-USA travelers. The first night they were unable to put me on the North side of the hotel as I had requested but fixed that situation first thing the next morning. The staff could not have been more helpful. The breakfast had esspecially good fresh fruit. The concierge gave me a recommendation for a pedicure that was one of the best I have ever had. Thank you.

Room Tip: I prefer the Northside of the hotel....the view is more soothing to me.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jude65

Greetings our friends! Everyone here at the hotel so enjoyed spending time with you and getting to chat with you every day. And not everyone gets to see the Sedona Red Rocks covered in snow. I would love to see some of your pictures that took while you were here, although I know you have over 500 photographs to choose from! I am looking forward to seeing you again in October. Please call me directly so I can make your reservation for you. Once again, it was wonderful meeting you and seeing you in the fall.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

When I called to make my reservation, I asked for a room with a nice view. Wow, did they accomodate. The hotel has a big overlook that your room opens to. This overlook is shared by your floor. It has tables and chairs that you can sit out on anytime of the day or evening to enjoy the scenery. The location is nice. Too far to walk to town but close enough to get there within a few minutes. The hotel does have a shuttle that will take you so you don't have to mess with finding a parking spot when you get there. The rooms were nice. Nothing extraordinary, but definately good enough. I would stay here again if I would return to Sedona! The employees at the front desk were all very nice and helpful. The morning breakfast was very adequate, just the basic eggs, meat, fruit, cereal, juice, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the balcony overlooking the red rocks!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and everyone else. Sedona is truly a magical place and we are so pleased that you were able to enjoy everything it has to offer. Spring is now upon us an we are looking forward to the red rocks filled with flowers and sunshine. Please come and stay with us again.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

Thank you to Saara Ronan and all of your front office staff. Each and every one of you deserves an award for top notch service and care for your guests. Don and I (Brenda) very much enjoyed our stay in a Fireplace room with a King bed with the most spectacular view just outside our door. To wake up and sit at a full size patio table on the terrace, and sip 24hour complimentary coffee with the Sedona Red Rock vista surrounding us, was more than we could have hoped for. Every aspect of this hotel superceded our expectations. Spotless rooms,comfy beds, fresh smelling white towels(which is important to someone like me who has a super sensitive nose to any odor)!
We stayed 7 nights and wished we had more time to explore this beautiful area. We hiked the West Fork Trail, Boynton Canyon,Brewer Trail, Airport Mesa Vortex, Chapel Road, Bell Rock, and Cathedral and visited Palatki, an area of incredible petroglyphs. We have so much more to see and do that we will be back in October and will choose to stay here- the Best, Best Western we have stayed in over 26 years of travel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank brenda d

WOW!!! Thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful review. I enjoy interacting with our guests and I feel all of our staff are the best at what they do. It appears you really made the most of your time here with all your hiking and touring.

Believe me when I say it was our pleasure having you stay with us! We can't wait to have you back here with us again. Please call and let us know you are returning so we can welcome you back. And again, thank you for your kind words.