“Beautiful!”
Review of Junipine Resort

Junipine Resort
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Junipine Resort as quick weekend getaway. We stayed for 2 nights (Friday and Saturday) in a Creek View 1 bed/1 bath cabin with a hot tub (#39). The staff in the office and at the restaurant were extremely nice, helpful, and accommodating. The grounds were beautiful and the views were absolutely spectacular. The views from the deck were amazing during the day and the perfect backdrop for relaxing. We had a tiny view of the creek when we looked over the deck, but we could hear it whenever we were outside, which was more important to us. Add in stargazing and fireplaces in the living room and bedroom and it was a truly romantic setting. The only reason that I did not give an excellent rating was the condition of the cabin itself. I did my research and requested a recently remodeled cabin when I made my reservation 3 weeks prior. While some things in the cabin seemed updated (wood floors in the living room/kitchen and tile in the bathroom) other items seemed extremely outdated (old, dark carpet and walls) and the kitchen was just old. Everything worked fine, but the edges of the cupboards were chipped and worn (with some water damage) and some of the cupboard doors weren't even hanging straight on the hinges. The refrigerator also froze about a 1/3 of our food which we had to throw away. That being said, the positives significantly outweighed the negatives and we will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: The lower number rooms appear to be closest to the creek, and do request a recently remodeled unit w...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah S
junipine, General Manager at Junipine Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Sarah S:

We love #39 too because of all of the points you described above. It is one of our more frequently requested creekhouses. We’ve been upgrading many aspects of the house over the last two months, and the upgrades will continue through August. New appliances, fresh paint, master bedroom carpeting, and a kitchen remodel will all be completed by mid-September.

I’m so sorry you lost some of your food to a refrigerator that was turned up a bit too high. I’ll look forward to hearing back from you regarding a reimbursement for your trouble.

Best to you both, and we hope to see you back soon.

Junipine Resort

There are newer reviews for Junipine Resort

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Rick and I live in Phoenix and like to get away from the summer heat with short trips up to Sedona. Our recent stay at the Junipine Resort in Sedona was nothing less than spectacular. The 360 degree views were breathtaking coupled with the beautifully upgraded cabins made for a relaxing and peaceful 4 day weekend.

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful and the cabins were immaculate. This hotel is far enough away from all the traffic and crowds, yet only minutes away from the downtown excitement. And, Slide Rock Park is walking distance.

There really is no better place to stay in Sedona.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yvonne M
junipine, General Manager at Junipine Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Yvonne & Rick:

It was a pleasure having you with us, and I appreciate your comments regarding our views and location.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've stayed in many hotels over the years but I never met a friendlier staff than at the Junipine. I arrived after our luggage was lost on the flight, and the staff at the Junipine literally did everything they could to make our stay there more comfortable.
Three days after we arrived the airline finally found our luggage and sent it to us. However, due to a mixup (my fault!) one of our toddler car seats wasn't delivered by the messanger. The staff at the Junipine tracked down the delivery guy (by calling friends at the airport!) and arranged for one of their staff to pick up the carseat in Sedona and bring it to the Junipine for us. They literally saved the day!

The place itself is also beutiful with lovely (and roomy) cabins, a great view and a bubbling creek right behind it.

I would recommend the Junipine to all of my friends1

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Gidon s:

I was just speaking with Rose about tracking down your bags, and the story took some wild twists and turns. I'm just glad everything worked out, and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for acknowledging the efforts of our crew, and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Chris

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Sedona accomodation has so many different option and highs and lows. Junipine is beautiful both for the great cabins and the oak creek setting.

It has great privacy with its own riverfront picnic spots. Caught a few small brown trout in the creek so no complaints

The kitchen is well equipped, everything is spacious and beautifully decorated.

I gladly recommend Junipine and will be back myself.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 22, 2013

If you want a retreat in the woods by a rapidly flowing stream, Junipine Resort is the place for you. The units are 1-3 bedroom (including loft) with 1 or 2 bathrooms a kitchen and a nice deck. The units have owners and they differ in the degree to which they have been kept up, but none are truly shabby. The location is, indeed, idyllic. The best located units are those closest to Oak Creek; it's a pleasure to fall asleep to the sound of rushing water. The food at the cafe is undistinguished. We either cook in the unit or go into Sedona to one of the excellent restuarants in town.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Wonderful place on the creek. We had asked for an "upgrade" and got a nice 1 bdrm with a pull out couch. Would have preferred a loft that some in our group had but still nice. Nice area by creek to bbq and play and hang out. We did a small bon fire in the pit one night and made smores for the kids (and me).
Great location to town and things to do in valley. Hit slide rock one day--great fun.
Hit pink jeep tours. Went hiking and spent a day in Grand canyon.
The cafe was excellent and far exceeded our expectations.
Caught six trout in creek!! My 8 yr old girl hooking and landing one of them. We brought our rods but they had rods to loan out which is really nice.
Cant wait to come back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2013

So after looking at the reviews posted on tripadvisor for this resort, wife and I thought it was a good bet to vacation at this site. Mistake. The wife thought the staff at reception was a little alouf, but I did not notice that at first. So now for the facts: The area of the resort is very quite and very beautiful. Resort sits in a canyon with a small river running behind the resort. The accommodations that we had were disappointing; the carpets in the living room and in the bedroom were both not well cleaned, with holes worn in both of the rooms carpets. The kitchen appliances were up to date but half the cabinet doors had hinges that were loose. The cabinet for the TV in the master bedroom had a door hinge completed off the door. There is a general lack of preventive maintenance, at least for this "cabin". Updates are need. (this review does not include the Junipine Cafe, as we ate breakfast there and staff was great and food was very good)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ROGER B
junipine, General Manager at Junipine Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Roger B:

While it's great to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Junipine Cafe, I was disappointed while reading about the condition of your accommodations. We strive for complete satisfaction, and clearly it sounds like we came up short for you and your wife. I apologize for that. We have two maintenance techs on staff for the 41 condominiums we rent, and there's no excuse for loose hinges on the cabinetry. As far as the carpets, some houses do have small burns in the carpet next to the fireplaces, as fireplace screens are sometimes left open.

Hopefully you enjoyed your visit overall, and I ask you to reach out to me personally if you find yourself planning to visit Sedona again.