Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Motel in the Pines(Munds Park)
Star Motel(Sedona)
View Hotel
All reviewsoak creek canyonforest viewhot tubfull kitchenmaster bedroomwrap around deckmiles north of sedonahiking trailwood burninglarge deckcreek runningslide rock state parkbeautiful drivepeaceful settinggranite countertopsminute drivedining table
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom condo in Mid-April. Condo was clean, had a loft as well as two bedrooms so was actually larger than we thought. We needed the space and for the price it was a great value. It is a very rustic property, feels like you are in the woods.

It is located about 8 miles outside of Sedona. Takes some time to drive because the roads are very curvy and there can be quite a bit of traffic on weekend afternoons heading back to Sedona.

Resort claims to have free wifi, but we couldn't connect at all. My teenage sons were very unhappy about that!

For our three night stay there was no maid service (not sure if there is for longer stays). We would have had to call to replace towels and ran out of tissues. Made it slightly inconvenient. Also there wasn't shampoo in both bathrooms, so we had to share. You may want to stock up on these items at the front desk.

A hint, if you plan on have food for the kitchen, do your shopping in Sedona at the Safeway before driving out to the lodge. After a long trip to the resort (passing thru Sedona on the way) we really didn't feel like driving back to get our breakfast!

Room Tip: We requested the room with the stream view, someone had mentioned that you could fish. But there was a huge cliff between the condo and the stream so fishing was not possible for my kids unless we went exploring, and we didn't have time to do that.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
junipine, General Manager at Junipine Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for your review, and I’m glad that you found your creekview accommodations to be a great value. We do offer free wi-fi, and I’m sorry your sons were unable to connect. I hope our front desk agents offered troubleshooting tips to them. Our housekeeping service may not have been explained to you properly at check in. For any reservation of 3 nights or less, we offer daily complimentary replenishment of paper goods, towels, trash removal, and all bath and kitchen amenities. All you have to do is call us in the morning and let us know what you need. A full daily cleaning is $25.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Junipine was amazing. We stayed in #27, which is a creek view with a hot tub. You definitely want to request an updated unit (#27 is) when you make the reservation. Great back deck and view of the red rocks. Nice kitchen, shower could use an update. So comfortable and not too far (less that 30 mins) from most hikes/downtown. Would highly recommend it if you like to hike all day and relax in the Canyon away from the tourists.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Creekhouse #27 is a wonderful unit. I’m glad that you enjoyed the comforts of the house, and the solitude of the back deck. We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is my fourth time staying here and I love this place. I was however disappointed with this floor plan. It was my husband, my son and me. We made the reservation for 3 people and when he go into the room there was only one bed. We found a sleeper sofa but there were no sheets for it so he slept directly on the mattress. We could have called the office but we arrived late. The patio was completely private which was awesome but we had to check out at 11 am so we did not have time to enjoy it. We asked for a later checkout but they said no. We only ate breakfast out there. We still love this resort and will continue to stay there but will definitely request one of the single digit cabin numbers that we have stayed in in the past. Hopefully next time we will have time to enjoy Junipine instead of spending such a large amount of money for a place to sleep.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank thekrugans

I’m sorry that the accommodations for this visit were not the same as you have had in the past. Just let us know your preference when booking (loft or downstairs/upstairs unit), and we will make it happen for you, or advise you of alternate dates. Thanks for your review, and I’m glad that you’ll be coming back. From all of us at Junipine, we appreciate your patronage.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

after I attended a business seminar in Scottsdale for three days. We drove up on a Friday and checked in to this cool, shaded, retreat for two days. Coming down from Michigan I would have considered a room in Sedona, where it's 8 degrees warmer (and likely sunnier)...but I committed to this property in advance and ultimately was glad we did. We had left ice and snow and were looking for sunshine and 70+ degrees. I can see where this resort would be popular with Phoenicians during the heat of the summer - I'm sure it's offers more shade and is generally cooler. It's about 15 minutes north of Sedona on Oak Creek - which is a marvel in itself since there's not a lot of running water in this state. Had a great fire in the bedroom fireplace. A nice condo type arrangement. Three rooms. Worth checking out.

Room Tip: Stayed down below, next to the creek.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
junipine, General Manager at Junipine Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for posting a review from your recent stay with us. I appreciate you pointing out some of the key reasons why our guests keep returning to Junipine. We are always a little cooler than downtown Sedona and we always have plenty of shade from the pines. We also think the short and scenic drive from Sedona is well worth it. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

What a great find! Since I couldn't find any good deals on priceline I did a little TripAdvisor research and found Junipine. They were running a winter special for $150 a night ,that included $50 voucher for dining in their cafe. The cafe is cozy in the winter with a large outside dining area for warmer months. We only had a couple of glasses of wine in the evening and breakfast in the morning, both of which were delightful.
These are privately owned condos that are rented out, this was a 2 story unit, since we only needed one bedroom the upstairs was locked. The owners left a guest book with tips and insight about the area. Located about 15 minutes out of Sedona in the Oak Creek canyon, it is a beautiful drive and the lush pine forest a nice change from the arid Sedona landscape. The creek runs right behind the property. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank spankyangel
junipine, General Manager at Junipine Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our Winter Wonderland package. Now that we are moving towards the summer season, we have a new package available beginning on April 29, 2013 called Summertime in the Pines. It includes a discounted room rate, a cafe cash voucher, and credit towards any park passes you purchase during your visit to Sedona.

Thank you for staying with us, and I look forward to seeing you back at Junipine in the near future.