A Sunset Chateau
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Arabella Hotel Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$179
Official Site
$144
$115
  • Breakfast included
GreenTree Inn Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$120
Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$259
L'Auberge de Sedona(Sedona)
$554
$424
Official Site
Sedona Summit Resort(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$187
$139
Orbitz.com
$525
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
1,196 results
All reviewsb beggs florentineairport loop trailred rocksbreakfast was deliciousmurphy bedowners and staffeach morningbed and breakfastliving roomhot tubthunder mountainboutique hotelsmall kitchenairport mesabreathtaking viewsbeautiful property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The web was accurate but the experience and the proprietors exceeded expectations. From the time we booked we were offered concierge service for tours and restaurants,recommendations for hikes and scenic views. We stayed in unit 7, great view and nicely appointed room. Breakfasts were delicious.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I picked this place largely on instinct, and some traveler reviews. We just got back from 3 nights there before moving on to other locations.
The room (#4, mesa) was exactly as pictured, comfortable, QUIET, and very nicely appointed. The view was absolutely incredible.
The owners, Phillip and Janet, were as hospitable as could be. I very much enjoyed seeing them both at breakfast every morning, and they never were impatient at our endless questions about local sites, etc. All their recommendations were right on.
This leads me to something I've read in other reviews. I met the "foreign speakers" who serve breakfast and clean the rooms. I found those reviews to be very patronizing, rude even. These were charming Latino women, who speak Spanish, yes, and a bit of English. Folks have spoken about them like they're aliens (from outer space). They are nice, hardworking women of Hispanic decent and went out of their way to accommodate some weird food restrictions we have.
The gardens, the vibe, all awesome.
Up the street is a very convenient health food store, and we ate in a few nights. If you're looking for gourmet cuisine of a Michellen guide, then go to a restaurant and pay through the nose--there are plenty of pricey restaurants in Sedona. If you want a decent, tasty breakfast, come here!
I don't think I could have dreamt up a better place, better hosts, nicer rooms that just lulled you into a stress-free state--this was just a special trip, largely because of the Sunset Chateau. Go there!

Room Tip: We loved our Mesa room. But we glimpsed at a lot of rooms... the website is extremely accurate, so pick according to your budget and how much you want a red rock view...
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed in room 14 for 2 nights. It was amazing. The rooms, as others have stated, are more like apartments. Our room had a beautiful bedroom with a canopy over the bed. There was a quaint kitchen complete with an electric range, microwave, refrigerator, etc. Everything was perfect.

The pool and hot tub were very nice. They even have a gas fireplace by the hot tub--quite a neat experience sitting there relaxing with a fire going on one side and incredible views of the red rocks of Sedona all around.

The inn is perched on a big hill so the views are stunning from wherever you are on the property.

I love food. Breakfast was awesome both mornings! Seriously good food. Philippe, Janet, and their son, Jean, were very gracious and accommodating hosts. In the short time we were there, we had several great conversations with them.

I would highly recommend visiting this b&b. We'll definitely be going back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Room 11 for 1 night and Room 11 for the following 2 nights. A Sunset Chateau is unique, eclectic and worth it! Room 11 included a separate bedroom and small kitchen with oblique views of the redrocks from the patio. The room was well appointed and the bedding lovely. The sink to the bathroom is in the bedroom and not in the bathroom which was one little quirk but not a problem for us. Might be something to consider if you're sharing the room with another couple. Room 3 was a slight upgrade in terms of price but incredible direct views of the redrocks and a more updated bathroom and kitchen set up. While the whole place is lovely I would recommend splurging for just a little more for the rooms that are now priced at $229. Room 23 also had a separate bedroom area. The nice hiking trail is steps outside the door and the pool and jacuzzi area outdoors was very enjoyable, particularly with the fire going at night time. The breakfasts were also great. I would stay at this place again and again.

1  Thank windycityboomer
Reviewed April 22, 2013

A cozy yet spacious this 23 room (rather apartment) Sunset Chateau in Sedona, is one of the best places we have ever stayed at, and we have been traveling in this country and mostly in Europe for over 30 years. Here you will have the best of both: European charm and American efficiency. The location, décor, comfort, facilities etc are wonderful. It is just perfect for travelers who prefer a personal touch and taste to stereotype and grandeur of large hotels and resorts. So, book in advance. And we will be back

Room Tip: Did not use fitness center.