“Not Quite What I Had In Mind”
Review of A Sunset Chateau

A Sunset Chateau
Ranked #7 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Not Quite What I Had In Mind”
Reviewed November 20, 2007

After all I had read online and after visiting their website (and seeing enhanced photos), I expected far more. The $199 room I was originally booked for was dirty, dark, and uninviting. I went to the main desk and complained. They moved me to a suite down the row and it was far better, but still less than ideal.

The breakfast was good, but with no choices at all, it is not for everyone.

I will not stay there again.

• Liked — It's in Sedona and there's amazing scenery everywhere.
  • Disliked — Value & cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank 123main

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Korean first
Fortuna, ca
Reviewed May 2, 2007

My husband and I stayed in the garden suite that is soon to be updated. We had a great time. We had a comfortable king size bed. The appliances and bathroom were old but will soon be redone. The decor was great, we had a living room with the tv and fireplace,and a couple of sofas. A table that sits four was in the same room. We had a kitchen with a refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, stove and oven. Our bedroom had a hugh closet. Plus we had plenty of towels. The gardens around the property were lovely. There was seating area right outside our room and also all over the grounds. We enjoyed ourselves nightly in the hot tub. Plus there was also a fire that we warmed up by while we dried off. The sunsets and rock views were breathtaking. We enjoyed the breakfasts. Our french toast was delicious. We had fresh fruit each morning. The coffee, water and juice is self serve. If you want cereal that is also self serve. Then you find your table and the workers will bring the breakfast. There is a choice of sitting outside or dining inside. We were always served quickly. Some of the workers do not speak English. So I could see there might be a problem getting your request made. We met some wonderful people while we stayed here. The owners were quite nice also. I would classify this as more of an Inn than a bed and breakfast. I was also concerned about our stay after reading some of the reviews. It met our expectations above and beyond. We absolutely would return.

• Liked — the decor, the views, the garden seating
  • Disliked — the bathroom
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple