Matterhorn Inn(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$169
Sky Ranch Lodge(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$175
$288
$276
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Junipine Resort(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$226
  • Restaurant
Arabella Hotel Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$206
  • Breakfast included
$193
$189
  • Breakfast included
$289
$280
Agoda.com
Sedona Summit Resort(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$299
Travelocity
$469
Kimpton
All reviewsgolf coursetime sharefull kitchensales presentationsales pitchgrand canyonone bedroom unitred rocksconcierge deskbell rockthe sofa bedtimeshare exchangesmall kitchenwasher dryerhot tubminute driveceiling fan
Reviewed August 22, 2009

We recently stayed at The Ridge and it is a very nice resort. We stayed in a studio unit that was very nice and tried to upgrade to a one bedroom but no luck. The resort is very clean and well maintained. The front desk staff is quick, efficient and knowledgeable. Diamond Resorts runs the resort and they are very serious about converting timeshare owners to their point system. They made it seem like attending the presentation was mandatory which I didn't like. We arrived early and our room wasn't ready so we went to the presentation to kill time; it wasn't bad but I HATE timeshare presentations.

The resort has beautiful views of the surrounding mountains. The pool and spa was very nice and clean and depending where your unit is a short walk. There are restaurants and shopping at the bottom of the hill which is very convenient. A grocery store is very close to the resort so you can stock your fridge with everything you need.
The Grand Canyon is about 2 1/2 to 3 hours away but many other local attractions are very close.

Overall this is a excellent resort; just be prepared for the timeshare presentation.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank DayDreamer89
Reviewed August 11, 2009

I am new to Tripadvisor and didn't check out the reviews of this property before I booked. I also was assigned this property by Priceline and paid $80.

This is a timeshare property and unless you are using it as part of your timeshare exchange, this place is not worth the time and hastle. It is not maintained like a hotel. The room we were assigned was pretty dirty, had a hole in the wall and a dead spider in the corner. As others have pointed out, you could hear every word from your neighbor. You will probably be assigned a studio. It looks like some of the better reviews are those whom have a one or two bedroom. Most of rooms have not been retrofitted and the appliances and furniture are old and outdated.

Be aware if purchasing a hotel in Sedona through Priceline. If you get stuck with this one, assume that it is a one star room on a four star setting. Just not worth what I paid especially when you can call the 'hotel' directly and sign up for a 90 minute sales pitch and get the place for free.

Also beware that if you are just staying at the property and are not already timeshre owners, you will be berated and hassled by the staff.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank 5childrenandmom
Reviewed August 10, 2009

The place is OK, nothing spectacular. It is about 20 minutes drive from Sedona, it's not in the town.

Rooms are so so, mostly outdated and are very tiny. Rooms mostly provide a cheap feeling, especially since studio has the single door connects two units. You can hear others in the other room, so be prepared.

Also be prepared for a pressure to buy or listen to their timeshare presentation at check in (takes 30-40 minutes just to get they key). If you buy it, they're nice. If you say no, they ignore you. No service, no welcome, nothing. We travel to Sedona quite often and to be honest, staying at other places was far better experience than at this motel-feel-like place.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank dreys
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Be aware this property is not a 'hotel' as one would normally be defined. This is a timeshare that sells its unused units. When you arrive, the lobby looks like a timeshare marketing facility and you are treated with the typical timeshare sales pitch.

The property itself is spread out and quite nice until you get into your room.

We were assigned two rooms (the first was not made up by hotel staff) and the second had two cockroaches and a black widow spider web in the corner of the closet. The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling off the walls. As prior reviews have pointed out, the walls between enjoining units were seperated by a door and you could hear every word uttered by your neighbor. After about an hour, my wife and I agreed that this place was not for us and we checked out and went home as we live only two hours away.

I travel about 15-20 times per year and can honestly say that this was the worst hotel I have been to since I was a poor college student. I have never left a hotel early.

On a side note, the italian restaurant nearby, Cucina Rustica, is very good. Nice atmosphere and food.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank BusinessOverseas
Reviewed August 7, 2009

Full disclosure: I am a Diamond owner (in Kauai) and used points to stay here, rather than booking through, say, Hotels.com or Priceline. We stayed in a renovated 2 bedroom, and "renovated" studio units DO have a cooktop and microwave (a previous reviewer noted theirs did not) and dishwasher. The renovation process is scheduled to be completed in two years, I think. There are BBQs available as well.

The renovated units are beautifully appointed: all new furniture, flat screen tvs, new appliances, bathroom fixtures, fireplace, granite countertops, etc. Beds are Simmons Beautyrest: very comfortable.

I did not have a view from my room, and that was a minor disappointment, because the surrounding area is spectacular. Of course, a short walk provides those views, but I'd have liked it from my patio. Some units have great views, others do not.

The golf course adjacent to the resort is not to be missed if you are a golfer. No course I have played matches the views this course provides. (A cart is a "must" as the distance between green and tees can sometimes be lengthy.) The course itself is in great shape, esp for July. It is an interesting, "fair" and challenging course. When I return, I will play it again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple