All reviews golf course time share full kitchen sales presentation sales pitch grand canyon one bedroom unit red rocks concierge desk bell rock the sofa bed timeshare exchange small kitchen washer dryer hot tub minute drive ceiling fan
Reviewed July 24, 2009

I got a great price for a week stay, but other than that there was nothing "great" about our stay. I told them when I checked in that I have to work while here and would love a great view. Room 1202 overlooks the maintance area. Not bad, but I was not heard at all. The rooms are large and clean. Staff did their job but nothing more. I may be spoiled by Marriotts. If you are going sight seeing and spending time in Sedona and Flaggstaff the location is good and you will be fine with resort.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2009

We would recommend the Ridge on Sedona as we were very satisfied with the location. We were in building 11 which has not been renovated but was very, very clean! We had a full sized fridge, toaster and large microwave. The coffee maker gave us a problem though...it should come with directions!!! The room had an adjoining door to the neighbouring unit. The guests there woke us one night but other than that we did not hear them. The whole complex was quiet, clean and the staff were very nice. The check-in was smooth and we didn't get a hard sell on the time share. We declined the offer of 75.00 towards a local restaurant and had no other pressure. Nicole at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The pool area was clean and had great views of the Red Rocks. We would certainly go back another time for the 75.00 we paid on Priceline, it was worth every cent!

1  Thank PMFHalifax
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Stayed here in a studio this summer. The Ridge on Sedona golf is an OK property, with an OK pool, but it doesn't compare with higher-end timeshare properties. No food service of any kind on the property. The studio is very large, with more kitchen facilities than one usually finds in a studio. The resort looks outwardly attractive, but furnishings are passably mediocre. It looks as if there are some great units with spectacular views if you're lucky enough to get one. But the push to attend a presentation is very strong, and if you say no it seems you get a parking-lot, dumpster view unit..

The bad news is the Ridge is about a 20 minute drive from Sedona; the good news is it is an awesome drive. Red Rock mountains line the road. Sedona is worth the trip, but I'd look for a different spot to stay

Reviewed July 16, 2009

This hotel is in a beautiful location. The views of the Red Rocks is outstanding from the property (although we did not have a room with a view). It is close to amenities...there's plenty of shopping an restaurants. The outside appearance of the property is appealing and the grounds are well maintained. We didn't get the pushy timeshare tour pitch as I've read in other reviews, but I think that's because we arrived there about 7PM and were checking out at 8AM the next morning.

We had a studio with a view of a trash dumpster. The room was extremely outdated and a bit tacky. I'm not sure if each of the rooms is decorated differently. It did have a sink with a refrigerator, toaster and microwave, which was great. Walls were very thin as I could sometimes hear the conversation in the next room almost as if they were standing in the same room. It was worth the $80/night bid on Priceline and served it's purpose for one night, but would have been upset if I had bid for a whole week. I guess it depends on what you're used to. I'd equate the room to an old Days Inn or Holiday Inn room circa 1985.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2009

we booked this so called resort on Priceline, Stupid us, we thought it was just a "perhaps" upscale place to stay, well, when we arrived they were only interested in selling us on "Time shares"! when we said we weren't interested they completely changed and even gave us a room that had not been cleaned! when we went back to the front desk, ( which was a car ride away!) they did not apologize, saying it was just a computer error. the only person who was decent to us was Pat, Katie, however was rude! when we checked out Jose at the front desk did not even ask us if we enjoyed our stay or much less thanked us. We would not recommend this place to anyone, unless you plan on purchasing time shares,! then you will get better customer service!

4  Thank weekendtraveler46