All reviews golf course time share full kitchen sales presentation sales pitch grand canyon one bedroom unit red rocks concierge desk bell rock the sofa bed timeshare exchange small kitchen washer dryer hot tub minute drive ceiling fan
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Recently stayed in lockoff unit at the Ridge. My wife and I were surprised by the many extras in the lock off unit. Full size refrigerator, cooktop, microwave and dishwasher. Unit was fully supplied with dishes and silverware. I did not expect this in lock off unit. New mattresses installed that morning.

Only suggestion was they should have free wi fi included.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joliver8
diamondresorts, Manager at Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable time and found everything you may have needed during your stay in your apartment. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I spent a week at this resort, and I was very impressed with it! The resort is located in the magnificent "red rock" area in the Village of Oak Creek, near Sedona, Arizona. Everything about this resort was absolutely top-notch from the staff service to the property's grounds. The views of the red rocks from the resort's pool area were stunning. The suites were very well-kept and inviting. The resort features several heated pools, hot tubs, BBQ's and many resort-run activities besides golf.

The only minor inconvenience that I encountered (and it was minor) was that wi-fi Internet service in the rooms was not included in the room price, and had to be purchased separately. It seemed a tad expensive at $7 a day. However, with so much to do in this part in Arizona, it wasn't absolutely critical for me to have it.

I stayed in Building #4, and my room had a so-so view of Bell Rock. The best views of the mountains would be from the rooms in Buildings #12-16 facing Northeasterly, so I would recommend other travelers to request a room in one of these buildings if they have space.

This is a fantastic resort, which I would strongly recommend to others!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Cbevers
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at thsi resort the week of 2/17-2/24/2013. The studion I stayed in was awsome and very clean. The staff was excellent but I have a few complaints. First this resort does not have complementary WiFi. In this day and age and I do travel often most hotels/motels/and other resorts offer this free to there customers. Being in the mountains and having no cell signal for a majority of the trip free WiFi would have been helpful since they say ther are a Diamond resort. I had to pay for this service and It was a bit pricey. I was in Sedona for an Expo at the Hilton Resort which is right across the golf course from this resort and even though I was not a customer at the Hilton I noticed that they offered the same companies WiFi free to their guest that they had at the Ridge on Sedona. I will be coming to Sedona again in March and for free WiFi I will definately give the Hilton a shot to impress me. Second the walls are very thin and I was in a first floor unit. I could hear every step, water running, voices of my neighbors which was very annoying. Besides those 2 complaints they Ridge on Sedona is nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank Chandra H

Thank you for sharing your impressions following your stay at Ridge of Sedona Golf Resort. We are pleased to read that, although you have encountered some issues, you had an overall enjoyable stay. We would like to take this opportunity to advise that regretfully, we do not have any influence on the Wi-Fi charges as these are imposed by our Internet provider. We are looking into ways of securing a better arrangement, however. We apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We purchased a stay here with a groupon. We were not aware that it is a time share property. We were given a handicapped equipped room. It was a comfortable one bedroom with a nice kitchen. But we would have preferred a regular room. We were told they reserve the better rooms for the "owners". The pool has a great view of the Sedona rock formations. There are outdoor BBQs and the staff is friendly. They offer some programs, star gazing ect., that are good. They also have a nice DVD collection. No daily maid service. This property is south of Sedona.
We agreed to hear about the time share program. It started out OK with salesman #1. After trying to appear very interested in us, salesman #2 abruptly walked away in a huff when we said we didn't think the time share was right for us. Salesman #3, who we thought was going to give us gift vouchers, pressed on trying to sell for another 15 minutes. We laughed about it later but it was unpleasant. Would have given this stay a higher rating if not for this experience and if we had been given a regular room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 24tun8
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed for one week for the third year in a row and enjoyed this resort immensely. The location on the golf course is convenient for golfers and its proximity to hiking trails is excellent. The units are spacious and well equipped, especially those that have been updated. Consider it great value in the stunning surroundings of Sedona.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends