“The top of the line”

Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort
Ranked #27 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night in a Studio apt. It was lovely. For a studio it was spacious, well equipped, immaculate and had the best updated bathroom. Would highly recommend especially if you are a golfer. It is right on the golf course.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Ruthlin

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We so enjoy staying at the Ridge on Sedona Golf that we are going again for the 3rd straight year this spring. The staff is very nice and always ready to answer any questions you have.
The room is big and very clean. The one thing that bothers me is there are no dead bolts on the door. I am hoping when we arrive this year that has changed. I would feel much more comfortable sleeping knowing no one could come into our room. Other than that we love the Ridge.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just got back from 5 days at Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort. Had a 2 bedroom unit booked through RCI and it worked out great for my friend and I for a quick getaway. The 2 bedroom worked out great as we each had our own bath, kitchen etc. Our rooms were very nice and the beds were great also. Furnishings were clean with fully stocked kitchen. One bath even had a soaking tub. We had maid service 1 day during our stay. The only problem with the room is that we were on the first floor and the unit was very dark. Nice amentities at the resort and it was a nice drive each day into Sedona or we took the drive to Jerome. Would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jlioniss
Lori L, General Manager at Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for your review of The Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort, recipient of Resort of the year with Diamond Resorts! The two bedroom suite is indeed very spacious and we are pleased that you enjoyed it. Unfortunately some of the ground floor suites allow less light but hopefully sitting out on the patio allowed you to enjoy the great sunshine we experience most of the time. We hope that you will visit our beautiful area again soon and once again choose us at your home away from home.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My title hopefully says it all...

Our 2 bedroom unit was BEAUTIFULLLLL, I can't say enough about it, except that I had been asked a few times in advance of our stay if I preferred a 1st floor or 2nd floor unit. I said each time we preferred a 2nd floor unit, only to get there and get a 1st floor unit. Then why ask? LOL.

I don't mind at all that the resort is a good 20 mins outside of the heart of Sedona, it's nice to be on the outskirts and being "forced" to do that amazing drive up 179....puhlease those who are complaining, like there couldn't be anything worse in life than being forced to look at some of the most amazing natural scenery in our entire country? slow down and enjoy it!

There are MANY restaurants within walking distance of the resort and we ate at a lot of them, Mylie's, Pago's (pogo's?), etc.

Only issue, and this may seem petty, was the concierge staff was very friendly, helpful and we might have been slightly annoying by calling a lot and asking questions, but what I thought was weird is that they were really helpful in terms of the basic route to the Grand Canyon, but when I asked questions (over the phone from our room) about how long the drive would be along the canyon once we got there, or how many miles it was from one entrance to the exit, or anything related to that, the concierge didn't know. I don't know if it was just the one person I spoke to (don't remember now who it was) and I know it's not a HUGE deal and I don't want to put a black mark as we loved the resort and had a great stay, but I found it really odd that in that area, if you're the concierge, you gotta think the VAST majority of people either go up to the GC or at least INQUIRE about doing so, I would think all of the people staffing concierge would know that info backwards and forwards.

Overall though an awesome resort that I would recommend highly to ANYONE!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jdro

Thank you for your review of The Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort, recipient of Resort of the year with Diamond Resorts! You bring up very good points about the drive from us to “uptown” – the views are magnificent and more breathtaking at each turn so it is almost a plus to “have” to drive from here. I appreciate you mentioning the little thing with the Concierge and have addressed it with them so we can use that constructively to help us improve and continue our path in providing excellence in service. We hope you will return soon to our beautiful area and look forward to having you stay with us.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

my husband and I stayed here in a two bed unit. we did this simple because some reviews had said about some 1 beds not having a balcony/patio area. The units where superb. fantastically equipped including docking stations for ipod. There was everything a kitchen could possibly need. Comfortable beds and soft furnishing. Clean well maintained but it is a fairly new resort so would expect that.
My husband played golf a few times on the neighbouring course. However in write ups and photos you an be misled into thinking this is a resort course, it isn't. There is reduction in fees to resort guests but its a separate entity and has no affiliation to the resort
There are no restaurants nearby or within walking distance- a trick the golf course is missing out on as I'm sure if they provided something it would be used.
The pool area is lovely and often felt I had a private pool as only person there while hubby was golfing!

Downside is the fact that you are not near anything. Its a good 20-30 mins drive into Sedona for a choice of restaurants. Often easier to cook in the condo as if you've been out all day sightseeing you want to relax with a glass or two and cant if you've got a drive.
The surrounding area is spectacular for scenery etc. If you go to the local tourist information centre in Sedona they have loads of information on driving tours etc and well worth doing some. Grand Canyon is about 2 hours away but well worth the drive, stop off in Williams to eat on the way home, nice town worth a wander around.
Sedona itself is a very busy tourist town, if your heading out to places and don't particularly want to or need to go through Sedona - don't- turn right out of resort instead to avoid the town.
Jerome old mining town worth a visit but don't go at the weekend as you wont be able to park!
Montezuma Castle well worth a visit.
Obviously if your into hiking and cycling you wont be disappointed.
Cottonwood is nearest town, about 10mins, but not many choices for eating or shopping. Ok for groceries/food shopping.

We're brits so like most of us we like to do some shopping in the US but you'll struggle to do this. In fact we headed back to Vegas a couple of days early because of this as there is a limit on how many rocks and native american sites you can do without overload or feeling more of the same. We did really enjoy our stay and covered some mileage seeing things.
We stayed October 2011 for 10 nights and there is evidence that more condos are planned for, so check re building work for your stay
In conclusion if your looking for a quiet, clean and well equipped resort as a base for touring then this is good. If you want to be near shops, restaurants etc then probably not for you.

Room Tip: configuration of condos is strange as they either overlook the main road or the car park. try to ask...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Honestcritic_10
diamondresorts, Manager at Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for this detailed review of your recent stay at the Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort – we’re pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay here, and we feel sure the information you’ve provided will be much appreciated by future guests!

We’re sorry to read that you had some concerns about things to do during your stay at the resort, though. We try to provide a wide range of activities for our guests, both within the resort and in the surrounding area, and our front desk team will be more than happy to provide information about this during your stay.

We hope that you’ll consider us for future vacations – we’d love to see you again!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed for one week and had a two bedroom lock-off, perfect for two couples. I really liked the location, away from the town of Sedona. A beautiful drive awaited us every day. The resort offered us the VIP check in and things went smoothly. Very low pressure for a timeshare showing, which we declined. We were not asked again. Played a round of golf and I think I tried every sand trap that I could. But all in all it was very nice.. Staff was friendly and room was very clean and a well stocked kitchen. Also had lots of towels and pool towels We did use the hot tub about four times, I was recovering from knee surgery and it felt very nice at the end of the day. There are stairs to climb so if that is a problem call ahead and let them know.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lori L, General Manager at Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of The Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort- recipient of Resort of the Year with Diamond Resorts for 2012! We are very pleased that your enjoyed your visit and look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future

Reviewed January 7, 2013

My Wife & I stayed at the Ridge were also Diamond members. We had a one bedroom unit which was great. The accommodations were 4 stars or more. We have been to the Sedona area numerous times since we live in Phoenix we were looking for a few days of relaxation. We were invited to a member upgrade tour with no obligation to upgrade. Everything went fine until the end of the tour. We stated we weren't interested in upgrading at the time but would in the future. We were told ok we understand. Then a manager came out showed us a idea but stated we weren't interested. Then the last manager came out didn't want to take no for a answer. Made some remarks we didn't like about not upgrading, this didn't sit well with us since were members. The next day we spoke with a manager about this who understood where we were coming from & apologized. We like the resort, the employees were great. Glad we were able to talk with someone also about what happen as well. We will be in the future when we can.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple