“The 90 Minute Blue Sage Ritual. Just Do It.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sedona's New Day Spa

Sedona's New Day Spa
Ranked #1 of 74 Spas & Wellness in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy our elegant decor, our highly trained and licensed international staff and the most luxurious and health-restoring treatments and spa products in our Sedona spa. We use refined flower oils and pure aromatherapy. Many of our signature body products are handcrafted in Sedona using desert native herbs. We feature face spa products from PEVONIA BOTANICA, an all natural and eco-friendly skincare line, providing true phenomenal results for your skin. Sedona is a place for travelers to relax and enjoy the rejuvenating energy of the Sedona’s red earth and red rocks. At Sedona’s New Day Spa you can choose from 35 delightful ways to do just that: Relax, enjoy, and receive the beauty surrounding you in Sedona!
Union City, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“The 90 Minute Blue Sage Ritual. Just Do It.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

From the minute we walked in, I just knew this was going to be amazing. It was immaculately clean and comfortable. The assistant took us back to the locker and shower area. She said we could get changed into our robes and slippers and stay in the lounge until our massage therapists came to get us. We got comfortable and had snacks in the lounge. Tea, grapes, blueberries, crackers, wafers, almonds, and trail mix. Lots of little goodies - plus two different kinds of water (cucumber or lemon). I loved the cucumber.

Our massage therapists came out to greet us. My sister and I signed up for the 90 Minute Blue Sage Ritual. I had Amrita, a lovely German woman, who took me back to one of the rooms. She explained the process and said that most of it would be in the wet treatment room.

When we went into the room, it was neat. I didn't know what to expect. I had an herbal body wrap in the past, but this was nothing like that. When I was on the table, she spread arnica oil on and began to dry brush - gentle exfoliation. Then, she spread the desert clay body mask on. I thought it would feel heavy and sticky, but it was nice and light. She wrapped me in plastic with towels and a large blanket. The heat would make the clay penetrate into the skin. It was warm and awesome. She did a scalp and neck massage with ylang ylang oil while I was "cocooned." It felt so good. She rinsed the clay off of me with the vichy shower. I was lying down the whole time. I thought I'd have to get up and shower. Nope. This large metal arm swings and sprays you with water. After, she asked me to dry off with a towel. She got me more cucumber water and took me back to that first room where she explained everything.

The 30 minute massage was perfect after the wet treatment. I asked her to do a deeper tissue massage, and wow - was she good. She offered to do a face massage, but I didn't want product on my face - my skin is very sensitive (eczema). After the ritual was done, she said that I could use the shower, the sauna, and the private lounge. My sister joined me. We were told to take our time. No rush. We did the sauna for about 15 minutes, showered, and rested in the private lounge. We read magazines and went outside for more almonds and water.

The one thing I would change is to expand the private lounge area in the back. There are only three chaise-type lounge chairs. My sister and I were in ours, and two gals came in. That was awkward, but they weren't in robes and slippers yet, and their massage therapists took them back quickly.

Still, what an amazing and relaxing experience. Heaven on earth. If I could move into that spa, I would. Of course, it was pricey as hell - especially after buying products and adding gratuity. The treatment was comprehensive, and those products are top of the line. Both of us work hard every day. I work so hard that if I didn't take this mini vacation, I would not accrue any more vacation time. I reached the max of four weeks. Especially for that...Sedona's New Day Spa? Worth.Every.Penny.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank GlobalGirlyGirl

“Great massage at a fair price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I came to Sedona in search of some relaxation after hiking in the grand canyon. We had a massage at another resort spa in Sedona and were not happy with the services. We decided to try another and booked with New Day spa. At first I was hesitant because it was not in a resort setting, but I was happily surprised. Their facilities are very clean , relaxing, and comfortable. The masseuses were wonderful!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“I wish I went to this place earlier”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I had a spa pedicure. It was a nice and relaxing experience. I didn't have to wait long for my treatment, but the waiting area was wonderful. They had refreshments and interesting books to read while you're waiting. They also had a deck of tarot cards which kept me entertained. The spa was very clean. I'll have to come back here again and get another treatment.

Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“Excellent lympathic massage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

I went to this spa and had the lympathic massage. It's a light massage that focuses on opening up lympathic passage ways. Although it's not an intensive massage, i felt relaxed and very calm afterwards. My therapist Kaytaia was communicative and knowledgable about the benefits of this massage. The spa is clean and friendly. Try the cucumber flavored water.

Visited September 2012
Beaumont, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Spa, After treatment not so good”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

On September 23, 2012, I took my friend to this spa for her birthday. We both got the Blue Sage Ritual. The treatment was excellent. However after the treatment, we were sent to the showers. That is great also, except there was NO shampoo in the shower and we were told my the ladies doing the treatment, to put shampoo on our hair BEFORE water to make getting the oil that is massaged into the hair and scalp would come out easier. There was no one in the post treatment area, so I wrap a towel around me and found someone in the reception area. I informed her we needed shampoo. I was told she would be right there. I went back and waited. She finally came in, bring three new women into the treatment area. I stuck my head out to get the shampoo and was told she was busy and it would be in "10 minutes or so". TEN MINUTES.......you have got to be kidding me. After two treatments at $195.00 each and two $40.00 tips......TEN MINUTES!!!!!!!!!! I loved the treatment, but I will never go back. The after care is nonexistent. Plus the very young girl came back to the showers to tell me I should have waited as she got the others ready for their treatments. Coundn't I see she was "busy". I am buck naked, oily hair, can't shower until the shampoo is in the hair so the oil will come out. You have got to be kidding me. I am to "busy" to go back.

K. Mahoney