“New Year's Eve”

Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 89
Description: Enjoy spectacular Red Rock views with indoor/outdoor seating year round. Hundred Rox combines an elegant, trendy vibe with a creative selection of "New World" inspired dishes. Live acoustic entertainment most evenings.
new york city
“New Year's Eve”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We reserved for New Year's and certainly enjoyed a prime table in a nice, modern room. The live music was a bright spot in an otherwise lackluster meal. Of course, most places have only one set menu for New Year's, as did Hundred Rox, but to charge an additional $4.00 for coffee when the meal itself was $70 is tacky, tacky, tacky....especially when the food portions were on the small side. The filet mignon lasted for only 5-6 bites.....The server was pleasant but not terribly professional. She brought the wine and left the cooler (without its stand) right on the table. It was in our way so I put it on the floor....tacky, tacky, tacky....

Visited January 2014
HundredROX, Manager at Hundred Rox, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Hello,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and the public. We are in the process of making improvements on a daily basis to better accomidate our guests needs. We would encourage you to return and enjoy these changes and I would be more then happy to buy you a cup of java. Just ask for Brent.

Fremont, California
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Had breakfast on Christmas day at the Hundred Rox. Excellent food, well prepared, very attentive and friendly service. Prices were reasonable.

Visited December 2013
HundredROX, Manager at Hundred Rox, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Hello,
Just wanted to say thank you for your review on Trip Advisor about your recent visit. We do offer music six nights a week out on the patio in the warmer months and it has pleased many for dinner under the stars. I can understand in the colder months it can be a bit overwhelming when performing inside. We have a standard level for inside performance to allow conversation. We are happy you enjoyed your dinner selections and encourage you to come back during the spring to enjoy our outside setting.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Meal”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Found it odd that there was a women playing a keyboard and singing in the dining room, and of course we got seated DIRECTLY infront of her. She was very talented, however it was not the dinner ambiance we were looking for, felt like we were in a cocktail lounge.
However what the place lacked in ambiance, it made up for in taste and value. Dinner was wonderful. some of the best lamb I have ever eaten.
There were unruly children about the place, not the restaurant's fault, but gave the place a less than high end feel.

Visited November 2013
La Habra, California
“5 star pricing with 3 star everything else”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We went to Hundred Rox for our Thanksgiving dinner. Last year we went to Dahl & DiLuca last Thanksgiving in Sedona and they were hands down better atmosphere and food.

At Hundred Rox, we paid $68 per dinner. This was not the problem - but everything else did not match this.

The biggest disappointment is LOCATION & AMBIANCE: This restaurant is located in the Amara resort lobby. There is not a great view (unless maybe you were sitting outside) - otherwise, the dinner is completely open to lobby. Not the atmosphere expected from this high priced restaurant

2) The food was okay. I had the prime rib and my husband had traditional turkey/ham dinner. Dinner rolls were not fresh - and the butter they have honey and herbs was not preferred.

3) Service attentiveness was a great - but we noticed the little details like wrinkled shirts

What was nice:
1) They did have free valet service available for dinner guests
2) There was a live sax player
3) They had amazing mixed drinks with top of the line liquor
4) They were accommodating to us running about 20 minutes late for our reservation - but I think this is because they were not busy at all.

If I was staying in the restaurant, I would eat here. But this is NOT the restaurant for a special occasion.

• Visited November 2013
North Carolina
“Great food and service”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a business trip so I had breakfast and dinner at the restaurant. I usually don't expect good food or good service from a hotel restaurant but Hundred Rox is the exception.

I had breakfast late one morning. I think they were setting up for lunch already but the waiter couldn't have been nicer. He was helpful and personable and made me feel very welcome. Told me to take my time, seemed really patient when I ordered and I didn't feel rushed at all. I just wish I knew his name because I saw him again later near the lounge and he seemed just as friendly as ever. It's great when the restaurant staff have a friendly attitude.

As for the food, they have a pretty good choice for breakfast whether you want something light like fruit or oatmeal or something more substantial like a full eggs/bacon/sausage thing. Everything arrived really fast so there was no waiting.

Dinner was also great. Loved the salads, pasta and tiramisu dessert. You can sit out on the patio, watch the sunset on the red rocks and relax. The whole experience was great and of course, service was exemplary. The attentiveness of the staff really makes the whole thing a better experience. I was mildly surprised about how great the restaurant at the hotel was. The cost is also pretty comparable to many restaurants in Sedona but the service here is definitely better and the atmosphere is also relaxing.

There are a lot of nice places to eat in Sedona but if you're staying at the hotel, give Hundred Rox a try. And even if you're not staying at the hotel, it's really one of the best restaurants in Sedona and worth a stop.

• Visited November 2013