“Great Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hundred Rox - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 89
Description: Enjoy spectacular Red Rock views with indoor/outdoor seating year round. Hundred Rox combines an elegant, trendy vibe with a creative selection of "New World" inspired dishes. Live acoustic entertainment most evenings.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Meal”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Found it odd that there was a women playing a keyboard and singing in the dining room, and of course we got seated DIRECTLY infront of her. She was very talented, however it was not the dinner ambiance we were looking for, felt like we were in a cocktail lounge.
However what the place lacked in ambiance, it made up for in taste and value. Dinner was wonderful. some of the best lamb I have ever eaten.
There were unruly children about the place, not the restaurant's fault, but gave the place a less than high end feel.

Visited November 2013

La Habra, California
“5 star pricing with 3 star everything else”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We went to Hundred Rox for our Thanksgiving dinner. Last year we went to Dahl & DiLuca last Thanksgiving in Sedona and they were hands down better atmosphere and food.

At Hundred Rox, we paid $68 per dinner. This was not the problem - but everything else did not match this.

The biggest disappointment is LOCATION & AMBIANCE: This restaurant is located in the Amara resort lobby. There is not a great view (unless maybe you were sitting outside) - otherwise, the dinner is completely open to lobby. Not the atmosphere expected from this high priced restaurant

2) The food was okay. I had the prime rib and my husband had traditional turkey/ham dinner. Dinner rolls were not fresh - and the butter they have honey and herbs was not preferred.

3) Service attentiveness was a great - but we noticed the little details like wrinkled shirts

What was nice:
1) They did have free valet service available for dinner guests
2) There was a live sax player
3) They had amazing mixed drinks with top of the line liquor
4) They were accommodating to us running about 20 minutes late for our reservation - but I think this is because they were not busy at all.

If I was staying in the restaurant, I would eat here. But this is NOT the restaurant for a special occasion.

North Carolina
“Great food and service”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a business trip so I had breakfast and dinner at the restaurant. I usually don't expect good food or good service from a hotel restaurant but Hundred Rox is the exception.

I had breakfast late one morning. I think they were setting up for lunch already but the waiter couldn't have been nicer. He was helpful and personable and made me feel very welcome. Told me to take my time, seemed really patient when I ordered and I didn't feel rushed at all. I just wish I knew his name because I saw him again later near the lounge and he seemed just as friendly as ever. It's great when the restaurant staff have a friendly attitude.

As for the food, they have a pretty good choice for breakfast whether you want something light like fruit or oatmeal or something more substantial like a full eggs/bacon/sausage thing. Everything arrived really fast so there was no waiting.

Dinner was also great. Loved the salads, pasta and tiramisu dessert. You can sit out on the patio, watch the sunset on the red rocks and relax. The whole experience was great and of course, service was exemplary. The attentiveness of the staff really makes the whole thing a better experience. I was mildly surprised about how great the restaurant at the hotel was. The cost is also pretty comparable to many restaurants in Sedona but the service here is definitely better and the atmosphere is also relaxing.

There are a lot of nice places to eat in Sedona but if you're staying at the hotel, give Hundred Rox a try. And even if you're not staying at the hotel, it's really one of the best restaurants in Sedona and worth a stop.

Texas
“Great food, great atmosphere, and great service!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We enjoyed a quiet dinner with live music on a fall Saturday night. We had the heirloom tomato salad with fresh mozzarella, basil and pistachio-arugula pesto; chicken piccata and the Mediterranean pasta. Each of the two pasta dishes was completely different and perfectly al dente. Fresh bread and good wine rounded out the meal; sadly, we left no room for dessert. Everything was fresh, perfectly spiced and balanced, and superb.

Service is quiet, efficient, and personable. The menu will change seasonably, so expect fresh and flavorful. Prices are very reasonable for the quality.

HundredROX, Manager at Hundred Rox, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Hello ,
Just wanted to thank you for joining us at Hundred Rox. We enjoyed having you and look forward to seeing you again soon. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experiance and spread the word.

Brent Knowlton
Asst. General Manager
“Saved the best for last!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We ate dinner out on the patio, warmed by heaters and the fire pit. The staff was friendly, informative, and attentive. We started the meal with the wonderful, warming French onion soup and beet carpaccio. The main course was a tender beef filet, and the most flavorful pork chop with a sweetened green and sweet potatoes. Whereas many restaurants in Sedona seemed to lack flavor, the seasoning in our meals blended perfectly. Maybe it is good that we went to here last, otherwise we might have gone there every night!

Visited November 2013
HundredROX, Manager at Hundred Rox, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Hello,
I just wanted to send you a "Thank You" for such a spendid review. I am glad you ejoyed yourself. As always we enjoyed having you and look forward to your return soon. Once again thank you for taking the time to share and spread the word.

Brent Knowlton