“Great food and service”

Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 89
Description: Enjoy spectacular Red Rock views with indoor/outdoor seating year round. Hundred Rox combines an elegant, trendy vibe with a creative selection of "New World" inspired dishes. Live acoustic entertainment most evenings.
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a business trip so I had breakfast and dinner at the restaurant. I usually don't expect good food or good service from a hotel restaurant but Hundred Rox is the exception.

I had breakfast late one morning. I think they were setting up for lunch already but the waiter couldn't have been nicer. He was helpful and personable and made me feel very welcome. Told me to take my time, seemed really patient when I ordered and I didn't feel rushed at all. I just wish I knew his name because I saw him again later near the lounge and he seemed just as friendly as ever. It's great when the restaurant staff have a friendly attitude.

As for the food, they have a pretty good choice for breakfast whether you want something light like fruit or oatmeal or something more substantial like a full eggs/bacon/sausage thing. Everything arrived really fast so there was no waiting.

Dinner was also great. Loved the salads, pasta and tiramisu dessert. You can sit out on the patio, watch the sunset on the red rocks and relax. The whole experience was great and of course, service was exemplary. The attentiveness of the staff really makes the whole thing a better experience. I was mildly surprised about how great the restaurant at the hotel was. The cost is also pretty comparable to many restaurants in Sedona but the service here is definitely better and the atmosphere is also relaxing.

There are a lot of nice places to eat in Sedona but if you're staying at the hotel, give Hundred Rox a try. And even if you're not staying at the hotel, it's really one of the best restaurants in Sedona and worth a stop.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We enjoyed a quiet dinner with live music on a fall Saturday night. We had the heirloom tomato salad with fresh mozzarella, basil and pistachio-arugula pesto; chicken piccata and the Mediterranean pasta. Each of the two pasta dishes was completely different and perfectly al dente. Fresh bread and good wine rounded out the meal; sadly, we left no room for dessert. Everything was fresh, perfectly spiced and balanced, and superb.

Service is quiet, efficient, and personable. The menu will change seasonably, so expect fresh and flavorful. Prices are very reasonable for the quality.

HundredROX, Manager at Hundred Rox, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Hello ,
Just wanted to thank you for joining us at Hundred Rox. We enjoyed having you and look forward to seeing you again soon. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experiance and spread the word.

Brent Knowlton
Asst. General Manager

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We ate dinner out on the patio, warmed by heaters and the fire pit. The staff was friendly, informative, and attentive. We started the meal with the wonderful, warming French onion soup and beet carpaccio. The main course was a tender beef filet, and the most flavorful pork chop with a sweetened green and sweet potatoes. Whereas many restaurants in Sedona seemed to lack flavor, the seasoning in our meals blended perfectly. Maybe it is good that we went to here last, otherwise we might have gone there every night!

Hello,
I just wanted to send you a "Thank You" for such a spendid review. I am glad you ejoyed yourself. As always we enjoyed having you and look forward to your return soon. Once again thank you for taking the time to share and spread the word.

Brent Knowlton
Asst. General Manager

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had spent a fun weekend in Sedona with lots of hiking and surprisingly good meals. With just one night left, we looked online at several Top rated restaurants. Most we had been to, others just seemed too far away. It was our hope to find a place close to our Condo, which would allow us to simply walk over. We knew that 100 Rox was nearby; almost next door, but the images on their website don't make the place look like anything special. We decided to walk over and take a peek at the place, but assumed we would walk back out and go elsewhere.

We were wrong! (Gladly so!) Not only did the main dining room look extremely inviting, the Patio area (where we decided to eat) was actually just a step short of fabulous.
Here's the problem; Pay attention 100 ROX Management. The photos on your website do a huge disservice to your Restaurant. It likely keeps people from giving you a chance. You really should fix this asap. Being in Sales and Marketing, this is particularly glaring, especially when upon seeing the place; we were so very pleasantly surprised!

With that said; the service was friendly and efficient, the meal was one of the best we had in Sedona; the drinks were well made and the outdoor patio was a highlight of the trip.

100 ROX... sell yourself better, because you seem to have all of the important stuff down pat!!

HundredROX, Manager at Hundred Rox, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Hello,
Just wanted to take the time to say thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to Hundred Rox. We are very pleased you enjoyed yourself and gave us such a great review. You are right about being able to market ourself better. This is something we are working on with our recent transition since becoming a Kimpton Hotel. I encourage you to check out the changes as soon as we are finish as well as visit us again. We would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We went to 100Rox restaurant in Sedona AZ for our anniversary dinner with another couple. The prices were high and the food was average. If fact the spicy appetizer made us sick. The scenery was magnificent but it is Sedona. The waiter was rushed because the restaurant was understaffed. Nothing special at 100Rox. Sedona has too many other outstanding restaurants to waste your time going here.

1  Thank MarkFairall