“A Fabulous Pairing”
Review of The Penrose B&B

The Penrose B&B
Ranked #10 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Sedona has always taken my breath away, but our stay at the Penrose B&B made our visit in May absolutely perfect! Our gracious hosts, fabulous room, incredible views and wonderful breakfasts made this particular trip to Sedona especially delightful and memorable. It takes a very unique establishment to compete with the natural wonders of Sedona and the Penrose does! A fabulous pairing.
Dan and Suzanne

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Suzanne H

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Penrose and were pleasantly surprised by the warmth and hospitality extended to us. We were immediately made to feel at home upon our arrival. The next morning at breakfast outside on the front courtyard we were served a gourmet breakfast by Beverly who catered to our food requests in a friendly and gracious manner. After breakfast, Whitney, the owner, offered to take photos of us with the gorgeous rock views in the background. He then offered us a selection of photos to choose from and printed 3 beautiful photos as a keepsake for us to to take home. The next day we were sad to check out but Whitney surprised us again with Penrose B&B T Shirts to remember our delightful stay. We can't wait to go back. The Penrose B&B was absolutely the best B&B experience we have had in our many travels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Connie R
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Penrose B&B was in a beautiful location with breathtaking views of Sedona's signature red rocks. We were close to great hiking. The Bed and Breakfast was accessible, charming and the breakfasts were delicious.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank SunsetWatcher80
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Upon arrival my party was blown away with the amazing views and location of the Penrose. Our two bedrooms both had amazing views overlooking the stunning rock formations. Regarding the room, the beds were quite comfortable with the added bonus of memory foam; the bathroom well stocked and clean. A flatscreen tv adorned each of our rooms, but who needs tv when amazing views can be had with just the turn of a head or simple step out onto the amazing balcony. The staff were nothing short of courteous and extremely helpful with any and all inquiries. Whitney is a most gracious host that was able to provide us with daily itineraries that I will never forget. I've been to many B&B's, but have never had such an amazing experience and been at such peace. I'm almost regretting writing this review as I hope this place maintains it's "secret garden" aspect.

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms have amazing views, and I can only attest to the Havelina and Kokopelli rooms...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank NYunterberg
Reviewed April 24, 2013

If you've never been on vacation and looked forward to coming back to your "room" after a perfect day, you've never stayed at The Penrose. This is not booking a "room". It feels like the home is yours. There are always several other guests, but somehow walking in through the living room, we felt like we were "home" again. This was our second visit to The Penrose. I would just be repeating all the other deservedly wonderful reviews if I went further.
This is a gorgeous home. Unbelievable views. Fantistic food. (Where is my thesaurus?....). Extremely hospital hosts. Absolutely delicious vacation.
Ha Ha - I see tripadvisor asks if there is a "fitness room" on the premises, no, but look outside - everywhere your eye falls, is one stupendous God-given "fitness room" waiting for you and your hiking shoes!
As I told Whitney, the owner, the only thing bad about The Penrose is that we now use it to judge other Bed & Breakfast establishments. Not one holds a candle to this marvelous place.
Thank you Whitney, Christy and staff for THE most wonderful few days....

Room Tip: We have stayed in the Coconino - very private with a view straight out to the Coconino National Fore...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Luigierah
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Penrose is a lovely B&B situated in a beautiful location. Each bedroom has a wonderful view of the red rock formations. The breakfasts were delicious and the staff and owners are friendly and helpful. We were only able to stay two nights, would loved to have stayed longer. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Priscilla C
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My family and friends stayed here this past week April 8-10th and was taken care of like a celebrity, breakfast was amazing, the owners and staff are exceptional and the view from our room the Coconino was out of this world. Peaceful, serene, breathtaking best describes the entire visit. I would highly recommend this B&B as the go to place in Sedona. Like I said in the title THE PENROSE ROCKS.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family