The Canyon Wren - Cabins for Two
$199
$345
$246
Kimpton
GreenTree Inn Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$130
$151
$118
  • Breakfast included
Arabella Hotel Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$169
$144
  • Breakfast included
$261
$250
BestWestern.com
$239
Sedona Summit Resort(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$139
Enchantment Resort(Sedona)
$405
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewshoneysuckle cabinbrowniewild rosemike milenamorning glorybird sanctuarykoi pondporch swinghomemade muffinswonderful hostscozy cabinsquichehumming birdsmiles north of sedonagas grillegg dishesour honeymoon
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This place was an amazing deal for Sedona! My husband and I stayed here for five nights in late October. It was a little difficult to find driving through Oak Creek Canyon in the dark, but that was primarily us not knowing the road or what mile marker it was at. The hosts were expecting us and made us feel very welcome. The cabin was immaculate and the perfect size for us. The kitchen was stocked with coffee and tea making supplies along with some fabulous brownies. Having a normal sized refrigerator, sink, microwave and stove top range were nice to be able to cook a few simple things for ourselves. The whirlpool tub was large enough to stretch out in and was so very, very clean. The upstairs loft was large enough to not really feel like a loft. The mattress was comfortable. Breakfast in the mornings was tasty and filling, with fresh ingredients and good coffee. The cabins are really close to the highway, so there was a lot of traffic noise. I'm used to living on a quiet street so it was really noticeable and slightly annoying to me.

This was a great base for exploring Oak Creek Canyon. It is really possible to avoid some of the tourist craziness in Sedona and have a quite getaway.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Canyon Wren is located on the outskirts of Sedona, far enough removed from the city for peace yet close enough so travel to the city is not a pain. The cabins are wonderful, the perfect size for two, well equipped. Mike and Milena are excellent hosts the cabins are clean, the breakfasts tremendous. They are helpful with information, well informed about the area. Mike and Milena truly want guests to enjoy their stay.
A fabulous place.

Room Tip: Ask for a back cabin, away from the road.
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is probably the first place that I was truly upset about leaving. My wife and I have stayed at other bed and breakfast type lodging, but I have never felt as content and happy as I was at Canyon Wren.

After 3 days of backpacking in the Grand Canyon, we arrived at the Canyon Wren ready to check-in and relax. Milena wanted to show us around our cabin, the Sycamore. Honestly I just wanted to sit-down, but Milena was super nice to be around. She explained the fireplace, the kitchen, the heating system, the jacuzzi tub, and showed us where the board games where. As others have stated, there is no TV, no wi-fi, and extremely limited cell service, but that made our stay even more enjoyable. Without those distractions we were able to sit by the fireplace to read a book and even played several games at night. Our cabin was private and relatively quiet.

The scenery is amazing. The entire Oak Creek Canyon is beautiful and the cabin grounds face a wonderful mountain side. Regarding food, simple put, it was delicious. In our room were large fluffy two brownies. These might be some of the best brownies I have ever had. My wife was quick to tell Milena how much I enjoyed them, and each day we found a new pack of brownies waiting for a snack! For breakfast, Mike and Milena serve fresh coffee and tea, fresh fruit, and a delicious baked good like a muffin alongside a hot item like a slice of breakfast pizza. When we would pick-up breakfast we would always have a conversation with Mike, Milena, and any other guests in the office. I'm usually not the most talkative in the morning, but Mike and Milena's friendliness will get anyone chatting. We learned about the javalinas, Mike's baking skills, and some of the unfortunate accidents that have happened in the Grand Canyon.

I have no doubt that if ever return back to the Sedona area that will book multiple nights at the Canyon Wren.

Room Tip: Eat the brownies.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Mike and Milena are so welcoming and friendly. They work very hard to make your stay a memory you will treasure forever. Wonderful breakfasts, helpful advice on things to see and do. You will arrive as strangers but leave as friends.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sycamore Chalet, a little more set back from the road. Very quiet with a lovely patio with a gas grill if you want to self cater as we did.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paula R
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at the Canyon Wren for four nights. We were looking for a vacation just for us. There's no tv, no phone, and no wi-fi. When you're in your cabin you are truly getting away from it all. Mike, Milena and Carolyn are great hosts and great at helping with information for daily adventures. Breakfasts were plentiful and delicious. My husband never eats muffins, but after tasting mine, he had some every day. Mikes' muffins and brownies are unmatched anywhere. The cabin has a two burner stove, cabinets full of everything you need, utensils, a full size refrigerator and electric fireplace. There are seasonal decorations, flowers, birds, and a koi pond.We stayed in the smallest cabin, the Honeysuckle, and it was very roomy and comfortable. There was some road noise but we only noticed it during the going home from work hours and that was only if we were sitting outside. The peace and serenity I felt there, while gazing at the night sky full of stars, got me back in touch with a part of my soul that I had lost.
We're looking forward to going back again.

Room Tip: Honeysuckle is smallest, but plenty of room for a couple and it is the most secluded. There is some road noise while sitting outside on the huge front porch but it is still peaceful.
1  Thank Cathy H