“It moved me to tears”

and up
Chapel of the Holy Cross Tour
Ranked #17 of 158 things to do in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: This chapel, located among dramatic rock formations, offers spectacular views, especially at sunset.
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I am not a religious person, but the beauty and serenity of this place really moved me. We went first thing in the morning and hiked up to the church. Once we entered, the quiet beauty and majesty just opened my heart in such a way that I found myself crying. I don't know if it was the view, the air, or what, but I was simply moved.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,215)
All reviews
in 456 reviews
"religious"
in 465 reviews

Reviewed December 16, 2011

This attraction is worth seeing. Interesting architecture. Parking was fine, but the hill was difficult to walk up. There was a complementary golf cart shuttle that was offered. I recommend using it if you can't get parking close to the attraction.

Reviewed December 16, 2011

The chapel itself was not all that amazing, though it is still an interesting piece of architecture. The views from the patio, however, are excellent. Use the cart service at the base of the chapel, it is a very steep climb especially for children and older adults.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

I won't ruin it by trying to describe it. I will tell you that Frank Lloyd Wright had a hand in its design and construction and it shows.

1  Thank katy562