“Great ATV Experience”

Ranked #41 of 107 Outdoor Activities in Sedona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We rented ATVs from Sedona Off-Road Center for an afternoon. Our group was four 30 year old guys and we had an excellent time. There were no issues with the equipment provided. The Company offered a diverse selection of trails with varying difficulties. After a brief run-down of the trail options and the vehicles, they gave us a map and sent us on our way. Perfect for anyone looking to have some freedom rather than riding on an organized tour. It was really fun and the scenery was beautiful. I'd recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank KJ K
"rental company"
"dune buggy"
"four hours"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"self guided tour"
in 27 reviews
in 12 reviews
in 39 reviews

Reviewed January 8, 2012

My husband and I rented a TomCar for 1/2 day. About 5 minutes onto our first trail, the transmission disengaged. This continued to happen several times until my husband firmly held the gear handle in place. After exiting the trail, we stopped back by the Sedona Off Road Center thinking our vehicle would be exchanged for one with a working transmission. Instead, a bungee cord was wrapped around the gear handle holding it in gear and we were sent on our way. This was fine until it came time to reverse, which was required several times during our trip. Each time we would need to undo the bungee, shift into reverse, which required my husbands strength to do, shift back into drive, and reattach the bungee cord. This became a very tedious process.

We were also asked to add two gallons of fuel at the completion of our trip. I questioned this at the beginning considering I had never heard of such a practice, the website did not state fuel costs were excluded, and competitors include the cost of fuel in their rental fee.

Upon return, we again expressed our displeasure with the faulty transmission and the fact that fuel was not included. We were just told the owner would be informed.

2  Thank tahoetessie8
marval06, Owner at Sedona Off-Road Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2012

It is always distressing to hear a customer state they had a negative experience with us. Our certified mechanic tested the machine in question and found nothing wrong with the transmission.He is of the opinion that the problem was more of driver 's leg position hitting the shifter and disengaging it than an actual faulty transmission. Several renters have used the same machine since the day in question and have reported no problems at all with the shifter.

Customer service and the customer's experience are most important at Sedona Off-road Center and we strive to provide a fun and enjoyable experience for all of our customers.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

We enjoyed a beautiful day driving Tomcars! Most fun EVER! They are so much more staple and feel 1 million times safer than other ATV! I highly recommend renting from this place. I feel that the prices were reasonable, and I loved the free water.

Reviewed May 9, 2011

Our team of wounded service members travel to Sedona Arizona to meet Mark the owner of Sedonaoffroad.com. He offer to lead us on a tour of the Sedona back country in his TomCar's, an onroad/offroad beast of a machine that if agile, fast and durable. Our team was made up of a Navy SEAL, Green Beret, and three Army Service members. Our group had 2 missing legs, a missing hand, part blind & deaf, severely wounded vs disabled. Mark put us all in TomCars and led the mission. Gil, the Green Beret was one of the first US Service members wounded in the war, he hadn't driven in near 10 years until Mark strapped him into the TomCar. Gil ripped up the backcountry of Sedona with a huge grin on his face and tears in his legally blind eyes! We has an AWESOME time. I have live in Arizona for 10 years and have traveled the state exploring every adventure and this for one of the top adventures in the state....if not the world! THANK YOU MARK!

1  Thank camppatriot
See more reviews
Reviewed March 30, 2011

After reviewing the possible 'jeep type' tours around Sedona, we made a decision to rent a 4 seater Tomcar from Sedona Offroad Center. It turned out to be one of the best decisions of our spring break trip! Our 4 and 5 year old kids loved the Tomcar and the daughter kept telling me to go FASTER!! The Tomcar was a very safe way to tour the trails. I was glad to see that they had 4 point harnesses in all seats. I loved that we could tour at our own pace. We ended up doing some Geocaching along the way...the kids LOVED that. The only thing that would have made it better would have been some warmer temperature for our vacation (in the 50's). Sedona Offroad Center is a first class operation and did everything possible to make our vacation fun. Definite thumbs up!!!

2  Thank GeoMonkeeze