Sky Ranch Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Wyndham Sedona(Sedona)
1,399 results
All reviewswine barmesa grillairport restaurantrim view roomsedona airportsmall airportoverlooking sedonaprivate viewingpublic viewing areared rocksgarden roomwatch the sunsetshort walkpool and hot tubgas fireplacepartial viewamazing views
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 5, 2007

We had a wonderful stay in a partial red rock view room! Rabbits, quail, hummingbirds, and other animals were frequent visitors to the property. We had a private patio overlooking the gardens below. It was serene and a true escape from everyday hustle. The pool was like a little oasis in the middle of the property. The room was extremely clean, and the air conditioning worked well. Overall, we were pleasantly surprised with the lodge. After so many negative reviews of this lodge, I did not know what to expect. I am so glad that I ignored the bad reviews and focused on the positive reviews. I would have missed this terrific experience.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank SciTeacher68
Reviewed June 2, 2007

What a pleasant suprise it was when we arrived to the location and saw the incredible view and the beautiful grounds! Lush grass and little fish ponds everywhere.
We went with 6 other couples for a weekend get-away and everyone was so pleased with the accomodations! They put all of us at the back of the resort in the Garden View Rooms and we each had our own private patio which led out to a grassy common area. We had fun gathering on the grass, talking, playing games, and eating.
The actual hotel room is fairly basic and could use an iron, but again, for the price - you couldn't beat it!
They allow dogs, which is a bonus. And even though your beside an airport, the location feels extremely private and was VERY quiet. We heard maybe one airplane the entire time we were there.
Even though we normally stay at the Enchantment when we visit Sedona, we will for sure return to the Sky Ranch Lodge when we go with friends or want a cheap, but EXTREMELY nice weekend away.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank Loveour2dogs
Reviewed June 2, 2007

We loved our stay at the The Sky Ranch Lodge. It was a great place from which to view the incredible red rocks of Sedona, as it is situated on a mesa high above and away from the busy town below. Our ground-level garden view room was large, clean, and comfortable, with a small patio where we were able to relax ,unwind, and view the beautiful and serene hotel landscaping after a busy day of sightseeing and shopping. The next morning we enjoyed a very good breakfast at the small airport across the road. Compared to the many chain hotels where we usually stay, Sky Ranch was a wonderfully unique experience. We we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank indiana-tourist
Reviewed June 1, 2007

I met a friend in Sedona while I was on sabbatical. This was a fabulous place to stay. The room was perfectly fine - very clean and comfortable. Since we were gone most of the time during the day for the 5 days we stayed there there was no need for any kind of resort.
We never found the airport to be noisy. It was convenient for our needs (exploring all the red rock). The jacuzzi was never crowded. And what was really special, you could unwind by walking through the property (trees and cactus) in back and then finding a spot to just gaze over the land below. Beautiful! I would highly recommend Sky Ranch Lodge.

• Stayed: May 2003, traveled with friends
2  Thank iamriversong
Reviewed April 22, 2007

I stayed at the Sky Ranch Lodge last May. Staff were pleasant, and the room was fine, with a very nice deck.

The place had been recommended to me as a good value, and it was certainly less expensive than many Sedona lodgings. The location was conveniently near Airport Mesa, and away from the main drag. The restaurant had good food and service, and the airport had very little traffic.

After a full day of hiking, I looked forward to relaxing on my deck. However, this was not to be. At around 7PM, the airport started doing "runups" which meant they were rev-ving up aircraft engines. This was extremely loud, obnoxious, nonstop and--due to the location--very close to my room. I only wanted to listen to the birds, but was forced to crank up my IPod high enough to mute the noise.

Having an early wakeup the following day, I wondered if this would continue into the night. I called the desk at 8:45, and they said that the airport had an agreement with the hotel to stop at 9:00 PM. In fact, noise continued to 10:20 PM.

I am returning to Sedona next week. Due to my bad experience last time, I did not and would not consider staying at the Sky Ranch Lodge again.

• Stayed: May 2006