“SO Much Better than Expected! AWESOME Views!”
Review of Sky Ranch Lodge

Sky Ranch Lodge
Ranked #2 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Sedona
Scottsdale, Arizona
“SO Much Better than Expected! AWESOME Views!”
Reviewed June 2, 2007

What a pleasant suprise it was when we arrived to the location and saw the incredible view and the beautiful grounds! Lush grass and little fish ponds everywhere.
We went with 6 other couples for a weekend get-away and everyone was so pleased with the accomodations! They put all of us at the back of the resort in the Garden View Rooms and we each had our own private patio which led out to a grassy common area. We had fun gathering on the grass, talking, playing games, and eating.
The actual hotel room is fairly basic and could use an iron, but again, for the price - you couldn't beat it!
They allow dogs, which is a bonus. And even though your beside an airport, the location feels extremely private and was VERY quiet. We heard maybe one airplane the entire time we were there.
Even though we normally stay at the Enchantment when we visit Sedona, we will for sure return to the Sky Ranch Lodge when we go with friends or want a cheap, but EXTREMELY nice weekend away.

• Liked — Green Grass, Views, Allow Pets, Quiet & Isolated
  • Disliked — Linens were rough and could be better quality, no iron
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
4 Thank Loveour2dogs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Korean first
Indiana
Reviewed June 2, 2007

We loved our stay at the The Sky Ranch Lodge. It was a great place from which to view the incredible red rocks of Sedona, as it is situated on a mesa high above and away from the busy town below. Our ground-level garden view room was large, clean, and comfortable, with a small patio where we were able to relax ,unwind, and view the beautiful and serene hotel landscaping after a busy day of sightseeing and shopping. The next morning we enjoyed a very good breakfast at the small airport across the road. Compared to the many chain hotels where we usually stay, Sky Ranch was a wonderfully unique experience. We we will definitely stay there again.

• Liked — its very relaxing, comfortable atmosphere
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank indiana-tourist
Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed June 1, 2007

I met a friend in Sedona while I was on sabbatical. This was a fabulous place to stay. The room was perfectly fine - very clean and comfortable. Since we were gone most of the time during the day for the 5 days we stayed there there was no need for any kind of resort.
We never found the airport to be noisy. It was convenient for our needs (exploring all the red rock). The jacuzzi was never crowded. And what was really special, you could unwind by walking through the property (trees and cactus) in back and then finding a spot to just gaze over the land below. Beautiful! I would highly recommend Sky Ranch Lodge.

• Liked — The cleaniness, friendliness, and the relaxed feeling. Oh, and the property to walk around in.
  • Disliked — You do have drive up a hill to get there - but no big deal.
  • Stayed May 2003, traveled with friends
2 Thank iamriversong
Portland Oregon
Reviewed April 22, 2007

I stayed at the Sky Ranch Lodge last May. Staff were pleasant, and the room was fine, with a very nice deck.

The place had been recommended to me as a good value, and it was certainly less expensive than many Sedona lodgings. The location was conveniently near Airport Mesa, and away from the main drag. The restaurant had good food and service, and the airport had very little traffic.

After a full day of hiking, I looked forward to relaxing on my deck. However, this was not to be. At around 7PM, the airport started doing "runups" which meant they were rev-ving up aircraft engines. This was extremely loud, obnoxious, nonstop and--due to the location--very close to my room. I only wanted to listen to the birds, but was forced to crank up my IPod high enough to mute the noise.

Having an early wakeup the following day, I wondered if this would continue into the night. I called the desk at 8:45, and they said that the airport had an agreement with the hotel to stop at 9:00 PM. In fact, noise continued to 10:20 PM.

I am returning to Sedona next week. Due to my bad experience last time, I did not and would not consider staying at the Sky Ranch Lodge again.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Airport noise until after 10PM
  • Stayed May 2006
7 Thank serendipity11
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed March 24, 2007

I stayed at Sky Ranch Lodge for two nights in September 2006. Like the other reviews say, the views from the nearby overlook and the more expensive rooms are fabulous. My room had a pond/garden view, but I kept the curtains closed so people couldn't look in. The room and its furnishings were dated and needed to be renovated -- new carpet and paint would have done wonders. This isn't a luxurious or romantic place, but it was adequate. That said, Sky Ranch Lodge was a bargain compared to most of the other accommodations in Sedona. And who wants to spend a lot of time in the motel in such a beautiful town?

• Liked — value, location, sunset views
  • Disliked — decor and furnishings
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
3 Thank BGDC
Denver
Reviewed March 19, 2007

This is the first time I used Trip Advisor, and I learned a lot in the process. When I read the reviews, 7 of 10 were glowing, and 3 were negative and scary. Of course, i focused on the 3, but decided to try it out anyway. But I was nervous before I arrived with my wife and 4yr. old daughter.

Ultimately, it reminded me of personnel evaluations. If you get 7 of ten positive reports, the focus will anyway go to the 3 negative. This is a distorted and bad way to do life.

In sum, Sky Ranch Lodge is a BEAUTIFUL, peaceful, clean, delightful, relatively inexpensive place to stay! I would say it is the best in Sedona, at least for folks like us who can't afford the fancy places.

But Sky Ranch is no dive. The rooms are quite spacious, clean and pleasant. Everything we needed was there, and they even threw in a refrigerator when we asked. Service was excellent. Location was excllent because it is above town, not on the main road, but not far. it is very close the Airport Vortex and good hiking. And the airport resturant is walking distance and a delight. A local even told me it is the best breakfast in town, and I believed it!

We stayed in the least expensive room at $85./night. And this is the room the naysayers complained about. WE LOVED IT! (And wondered what planet those folks came from!)

The grounds are simply gorgeous! Birds in the morning were wonderful. It was a perfect place for us and our 4yr. old daughter to hang out. Couldn't feel more at home.

So if you are looking for a wonderful, pleasant, home-like experience in Sedona... if you want peaceful and the best deal in town, go to the Sky Ranch Lodge! I wouldn't even try anywhere else...and hope to come back.

Sincerely... family from Denver.

• Liked — Location, beauty, quiet, roomy clean rooms, friendly helpful staff
  • Disliked — nothiing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
13 Thank RebSteve
milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 16, 2007

On the recommendation of a friend my wife and I recently stayed one night at the Sky Ranch Lodge in Sedona. We absolutely loved it!!! Our room was on the second floor and had a partially obstructed view of the red rocks. The room came with a king-size bed, a gas fireplace (much appreciated by my wife because of the cold night), a small refrigerator, and a nice balcony to sit out on. The grounds of the lodge were very nicely landscaped and include a pool and hot tub. It was a very short walk to an overlook that many people come to watch the sunset and sunrise. In the office there is a computer that guests can use free of charge for E-mailing. Also, just a short walk away, is the Sedona airport which has a small restaurant where we ate a good breakfast. The Sky Ranch Lodge is located in West Sedona and is a short drive to many restaurants and shopping areas. I would highly recommend this place. Even pets are welcome.

• Liked — The fireplace and views
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple