“Best view in Sedona?”

Ranked #2 of 19 Specialty Lodging in Sedona
Naperville, Illinois
“Best view in Sedona?”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

It would have been if they let us use the sunset terrace as advertised, but both of the days we were there, we were not allowed to use it because there were weddings occupying the terrace both nights! No one mentioned this when we booked and it was terribly disappointing. They could have mentioned it when we booked but they didn't. Other than that, it was fine. We loved the Mesa Airport Grill!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Korean first
ohio
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have stayed at the Sky Ranch Lodge twice. Most recently this past Labor Day weekend. You cannot possible get a better view of Sedona, if you stay at one of their room's on the rim. But when I went to bed, much to my dismay, I took the bedspread off, and found a bug crawling. It started moving and noticed it's claws. It was a scorpion. I called the front desk and they did not seemed a bit alarmed, Did not offer any new linens. No apology. Nothing. I did ask what would happen if I would have been bitten. They said you would have to be treated at the ER. On my check out, I again, told the day clerk of my experience with the scorpion and her comment was, "I would have slept in the car." Again, no apologies or any kind of acknowledgement of the problem. At least, a major chain would have given me credit for my room. Next time, I go to Sedona I will by pass the view and find a hotel without any surprises under the bed spread and good customer service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank esm812
Mineral Point, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Each lodge has 3 rooms. The courtyard is beautiful and the property is quiet. We stayed Sept 8-9th 2012. Unfortunately there weddings both nights and the private lookout was not available for sunsets. I can't imagine a prettier place for a wedding. There is a public lookout on the property but it gets very crowded at sunset. Our rooms were very clean but this is an older hotel and the beds and pillows could have been better. The views and hospitality make up for the soft beds.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reutlingen, Germany
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Its a great getaway for Sedona. Its a nice Motel very lovely made and the rooms are clean and cute. Its away from Sedona at the Airport but the view is great! It has a nice well mentained pool with pool towels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
youngstown OH
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The view of Sedona, Arizona alone, is worth the price for this lodge. And, we felt that the price was VERY reasonable considering the location. Our room was very clean, and the front desk could not have been manned by more helpful professionals. This is truly a great place to stay in one of the most beautiful parts of our country.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 4, 2012

it was a nice place at the top of a good viewing sight of Sedona and the town below. It was a large room with refridg. & had a patio that led to the pretty grounds and waterfalls etc. Pool was small, but fine for the morning before heading out for the day.

Room Tip: good value if you can get it around $100.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KGB1023
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I agree with most of the reviews saying this place it's really nicely made up in a unique context. I can't say the same about the way it's driven. We're here, right in the middle of the GRAND CANYON with my wife and my 2 year old daughter. Soon after dinner we came back to the hotel and my daughter started laughing and running on their grass playfield. At 9:20 pm this were the words I was told by the front desk: "it's deep late and your child is making noise, we're getting complain calls, please bring the baby in the room". WHERE ARE WE?!?! IN A CEMETERY?! PEOPLE COME HERE TO REST IN PEACE OR WHAT?! I could understand if it was after 10 pm... anyhow, this is my family experience here... in a place I thought would have been great for families and kids! Very disappointing

Room Tip: get another hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family