“Gorgeous, relaxing, premium...loved every minute.”

L'Auberge de Sedona
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed January 22, 2010

We stayed at L'Auberge for 3 nights following our 1/2 marathon in Phoenix. From the moment we got there until the moment we left, we felt very well taken care of. The lobby/main lodge is gorgeous - high ceilings, huge fireplace, wood floors, big beautiful doors, comfy leather seating...the concierge, check-in staff, valet staff - basically everyone we ran across on the grounds were polite, friendly and warm.

We stayed in a spa cottage that was adorable - VERY roomy with high vaulted ceilings, extremely comfortable bed, fireplace - awesome bathroom with an outdoor cedar shower. The accomodations could not have been better.

The location itself is amazing - we walked down to the creek and sat with wine in the adirondack chairs and loved watching the ducks and being able to see the red rocks on the horizon. Charming.

I have read some of the negative reviews on this site, and can't figure it out - there wasn't anything I would want different. In fact, we talked about how sometimes you get to a resort after spending time on the website and are disappointed with the actual views/rooms/service...but this time our expectations were EXCEEDED. We hope to make it back some day.

1  Thank Hill_in_WI
There are newer reviews for L'Auberge de Sedona

Reviewed January 21, 2010

Hope this helps all (especially L'Auberge de Sedona Resort). I used to live in Sedona, now live in Phoenix and decided to bring my girlfriend to this "resort". Paid over $250 per night for the Sedona Suite which included a fireplace and jacuzzi. The room was very dated, the fireplace was not a real "fireplace", only a heater with blowing tassels, and the jacuzzi was a bath tub with jets on a "non-private" patio. The tub took over a half an hour to fill. As an Arizona resident, very disappointed and would caution anyone staying there not to pay over $100 per night.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jayhey
Reviewed January 18, 2010

Upon our arrival, we were greeted with the valet & walked in to a beautiful, cottage style hotel. The check in was easy & the lady helping was very sweet. We stood in a lodge room, which to my surprise was very spacious. The room was decorated cottage style; it was immaculate. Don't miss the scones & various types of pastries starting at 7am-9am totally FREE!! Also they have coffee, tea, & hot chocolate. They have wine, cheese &cracker platter, and fruit complimentary at 5pm-6pm. The hotel lobby is so relaxing & calm, they have the most plush couches & a fireplace. We did many trails in Sedona..Red Rock, Bell Rock, Devils Bridge (very steep, but the arch at the top is worth it) , Boynton, & Cathedral Rock ( very difficult, please wear correct hiking/climbing shoes & good pants)
Overall, our Sedona trip was Amazing!! Almost forgot, try the Red Rock Farmers Market in Oak Creek Village, they have homeade jellies,salsa's,chips, & jerky.

1  Thank spooks80
Reviewed January 18, 2010

Friends, countrymen, & fellow travelers.....

Being a fairly avid world traveller & fan of all things tasteful & luxurious, I was SORELY disappointed with my stay at the allegedly "highly rated" L'Auberge Sedona. I have stayed in many resorts in Sedona from Bed & Breakfasts to The Hyatt Regency. I had, up until now, yet to be disappointed in any way with any Sedona resort, bed & breakfast or Hotel. Congratulations to L'Auberge Sedona to make the one & only on my list of "Disappointing Sedona Resorts." Quite the dubious honor.

Having read many reviews on how this resort was rated the "Best in Sedona." I decided to trust L'Auberge Sedona as the venue to propose to my girlfriend & stay for a romantic getaway weekend from stressful corporate America in Phoenix.

To begin with, I had called 3 times prior to my arrival to talk with the manager, Scott, of L'auberge to explain that I wanted to make my stay very special for us because I was going to be engaged to be married at his resort & I wanted our stay to be memorable. He assured me, on 3 different calls over 3 different days that he would do everything in his power to make our weekend a weekend to remember. An upgraded room, a bottle of wine waiting for us in our room, a nice view of the creek, etc, etc......blah...blah...blah..

Unfortunately, we will hardly have fond memories of your resort, Scott. We would have been much better off staying with ANY one of your competitor resorts in Sedona....

The fiasco weekend began when the resorts manager neglected to do anything for us including putting any notes in our file that this would be a weekend where I would be proposing to my girlfriend & wanted it to be a special weekend.

Upon arriving, the front desk informed me that they had no reservation listed for me & they were booked solid. Fortunately for us, I had printed up my confirmation code & itinerary. Given those conditions, they were forced to find us a room.....nothing but the best, a tiny room stashed away behind the front desk with beautiful view of a wall. Thrilling.....

NEXT, don't believe the mirage of "scenic pictures" you might see on their website, or on any website that shows pictures of this resort......they do this resort WAY too much justice. They are just that....a mirage.

Our room's heater died on us & we spent a "memorable" hour with a repairman in our room clanking around trying to fix our heat. Lovely...

And lastly, upon checking out (NEVER to return), they told me they hadn't billed my room when I showed them clearly on my laptop, that my bank had, indeed, billed my account via L'Auberge. They were on the brink of double billing my account! I had to debate 8 ways from Sunday to make them see the light.

And to think, I was considering them as a candidate for my wedding venue, prior to THIS debacle, of course.....OH MERCY! That IS hilarious....Looks like the Hyatt Sedona will be our venue there, including the word of mouth that L'Auberge IS NOT going to get...

Unfortunately for L'Auberge, I AM someone who does take the time to warn his fellow traveller, and someone who works for a corporation in Phoenix with 2000 fellow employees in his building.....get ready for my warning, fellow employees.

Trust me, my friends, choose ANY OTHER Sedona resort for your stay. ANYWHERE else....Take this review to heart. I'm doing you a huge favor.

Your friend & fellow traveller,

- Outraged Oscar

1  Thank Outragedoscar
Reviewed January 12, 2010

The service at L'Auberge exceeded our expectations and was top notch during the entire stay. The welcome by the shuttle service followed by the check in at the desk was personal and welcoming. We checked in during the wine/cheese reception and the person handling our check in got us a glass of wine while we were checking in. We got upgraded to a spa cottage and the room was fantastic. Service at the restaurant, the shuttle drives, and the front desk personnel continued to be exceptional throughout our stay. When it started to rain, I called the desk for an umbrella and someone ran it to my room immediately! The food at the restaurant was great and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We would definitely return!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2010

Stayed at the L'Auberge over Christmas. What a fabulous property! The Spa Lodge was so perfect, contemporary, and very cozy! Never heard any of the construction noise we had read about. The staff was friendly, and the resorts amenities were very nice.
We are used to staying at top notch lodging, and this was It! Cant wait to go Back!

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2010

I would not recommend this property at the price.
Pros:
Staff was lovely.
Food was very good and restaurant service was excellent.
Cons:
The property is built beneath garage like structures. It does not take advantage of the beautiful landscape. There is a creek outside our cabin but so what when there is all that mountainous grandeure. ( very disappointing)
They missed our wake up call one morning.
The Wine and cheese reception had only water for the non-drinker while the check in attendant had said they had sparkling cider.
We had a creek side cabin that was very spacious but little drawer/closet space for clothes.
Bed was very hard.
No fitness center !!! I dont understand this at all - they share a facility with Amaru next door which was the size of a large closet. We went to another hotel that they had a deal with but had to pay $15 a day each to use the facilities. They should have comped this for the nightly rate we paid.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
JJMSedona, Manager at L'Auberge de Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2010

First and foremost, thank you for the kind comments about the staff at L'Auberge Resort and the food and service at L'Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek.

Although many travelers to Sedona truly appreciate the lush natural beauty of our Cottages on Oak Creek, it appears that this traveler would have enjoyed our spectacular new hillside cottages with breathtaking 180 degree views of Sedonals spectacular Red Rocks. These units will begin coming on line in March of this year. We believe these units which are perched on the hillside facing the famous Snoopy Rock will boast the finest red rock views in Sedona.

Whether Creekside or Hillside, we will have an experience for travelers of all tastes, and a new fitness center too.

Respectfully,