“Amazing Sedona”

Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Hong Kong
“Amazing Sedona”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed at Auberge for a few days with our 5 year old and were very impressed. We are a fussy crowd and Sedona was really a random choice for us as we flew to LA from HK. We loved everything about it. The staff were very helpful, especially Graham at concierge who organized all our activities and had the inside track on all the must see sights around the area. He won over son, with rock hunting tips.
The front desk were equally helpful and we never felt that they were trying to leave us out of pocket on anything. The room by the creek was superb and the restaurant had very good food.
They even managed to serve us half size portions as we are not accustomed to the full on American size.
We will def recommend this place to all our friends and will keep it on our map.
What a great way to spend few days.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LaubergeDeSedona, Manager at L'Auberge de Sedona, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for stopping at L'Auberge on your journey and your kind words! We're happy to hear that you felt taken care of while you were here and hope that you plan to return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (646)
  • Polish first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed recently in a creekside cottage and despite the steep cost, it was so well worth it! The hotel is smack dab in the middle of town but because its down a hill, you can't even tell you are in the middle of everything. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained and just lovely to stroll through. We cabin itself was basically a giant room with a bathroom, but it was nicely decorated and felt very spacious and comfy. The outdoor shower was a nice touch. We would just sit out on our patio facing the creek and have a glass of wine, it was heaven. It was also great to sit right along the creek, watching the ducks and enjoying the scenery. All staff was really friendly and professional and I loved that they have a courtesy car! We only at the hotel restaurant once, for breakfast, and we sat right along the creeks edge and had a wonderfu meal! I absolutely cannot wait to return...I'm wishing I was there now, in fact.

Room Tip: Mountain vista rooms have a great view, but a bit of a walk from the main buildings and directly ove...
1 Thank Cinnam0n
LaubergeDeSedona, Manager at L'Auberge de Sedona, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your glowing review of L'Auberge! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to your return!
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at one of the garden view cottages and it was amazing!! The cottage was spacious and nicely appointed with a natural fireplace the staff would kindle & lite. Rolling mountain stream was tranquil and hypnotic & with a whisper of birds in the trees. Scones & coffee complimentary and staff service at hotel was included in the cost and the best we ever had. They were ready with what you needed before you had to ask - unbelievable service!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank zj2007
LaubergeDeSedona, Manager at L'Auberge de Sedona, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Delighted to hear that you had an amazing time! We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and hope you plan to return when the wood burning fireplaces are desired in the evenings!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was our first time to Sedona and we had only a limited amount of time so we needed guidance in our journey. The concierges at L'Auberge were simply awesome when it came to helping us establish an itinerary. Both Graham and Nicole Merrill were simply the best. They were able to set up an itinerary that included every activity that we desired ranging from Vortex tours to spa sessions. The transition was seamless in their duties and Nicole was even able to arrange an Ikebana lesson for me at the last minute - something very few people can pull off.

I must also heap praise upon L'Auberge's amazing chef - Rochelle Daniel - she was able to do a raw vegan tasting menu for us that eventually morphed into a caprese salad and other items. Then she prepared a pasta dish for me that was simply out of this world - vegetarian with truffle oil! She can't be topped for her personalized service. All in all it was an amazing experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a cabin on the Creek - the sound of the water is a soothing addition to the energy of the ar...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful comments, we think our staff is the best but it means so much more when it comes from our guests. We’re pleased that you enjoyed your raw/vegan tasting menu.
Washington, DC
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had a wonderful visit at this hotel. Chad greeted us upon arrival and escorted us to our cottage. He was patient with our questions, courteous and professional. Whenever we saw him on property after our initial arrival he greeted us with a smile and hello; it really made us feel welcome.

The gal who checked us in was also helpful, but I unfortunately cannot recall her name. My only complaint was that it seemed like they must have some sort of sales upgrade pressure on the staff because she adamately pushed an upgrade (which we took and were happy with ultimately, but being in the hospitality industry, I can recognize a commission sale when I see one). We asked about restaurants and she was kind enough to give us the menu not only for the hotel restaurant but several staff favorites as well.

I had a facial at the spa; the facilities were fantastic. They really paid attention to the details with state of the art equipment including heated tables. My technician, Amanda, was informative and gentle.

My only real complaint were the scones. The hotel offered scones and coffee in the morning from 6:30 to 9am. Full disclosure: I am a pastry chef and I have lived in England, so I have high expectations for what is called a "scone". However these were by far the worst "scones" that I have ever had...ever; they were limp and rubbery, and the muffins were comparable to Sara Lee and not on par with artisan pastry which is what I would expect from a hotel of this caliber.

However, our trip did conclude on a high note. When Tucker brought our car around from valet upon departure he put bottles of water for us in our cup holders, which was a very nice touch.

On the whole we enjoyed our experience and plan to return. I'll just plan to go to breakfast and avoid the scones!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank PirateTravelers
We love to hear that you enjoyed your L'Auberge experience and plan to return. Thank you for your kind words about the staff, we will definitely pass this along to them all! We appreciate your professional scone opinion...as we always strive to be authentic and exceed expectations, we will work on this and hopefully wow you on your next visit!
Rock Hill, SC
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Sedona for 3 nights on our anniversary trip, and selected L'Auberge after finding a promotional rate that was too good to pass up.

We booked a garden cottage, and were assigned Cottage #26; our cottage was spectacular. We did not have a view of anything but other cottages, but given what cottage category we booked, I did not expect one. The cottage was spacious, clean and well furnished; the bed and bedding were ridiculously comfortable...I could have stayed in bed all 3 days! The highlight of the room was the luxurious bath and the outdoor cedar shower. After reading other reviews and the hotel website, I was not expecting the garden cottage to have an outdoor shower...I don't think all garden category cottages do; but we were lucky enough to receive one and it really enhanced our stay. I showered every night under the stars....absolutely magnificent. Also magnificent was the turndown service each evening; I won't ruin the suprise, but I was blown away by the level of detail. The cottage also had a refigerator large enough to store beer or drinks, and there is a Keurig in the room for coffee in the am. They also provide wine glasses in addition to drinking glasses; the room is well appointed in every way.

The property itself is breathtaking; flowers everywhere, a coy pond...and the creek is so lovely. I found myself creekside all times of day, relaxing and watching the ducks...they are stars of this property.

A few other reviews have noted the pool area is small, and it is; but we used it all 3 days, and it was never crowded. A small pool is only an issue if folks can't find chairs, etc...that never happed. There are towels provided, bottled water next door in the fitness center, and the pool deck is VERY clean. Also, for red rock views from the pool, select the chairs on the elevated grassy area...that was my favorite spot. Red rocks can also be spotted from the hot tub :)

The service at this resort is top notch; we were always greeted warmly by the staff and anything we requested was delivered immediately. My favorite feature was the car service, which is included. Staff will drive you to any location in Sedona, and pick you up (in Land Rovers)...this is all covered by the resort service fee. We used this service a lot; not worrying about directions and parking was awesome! We expected it might take a while to be picked up, but that wasn't the case...definitely use the car service.

The light continental breakfast that is included was tasty; the muffins or scones are very small, but we ate a few each and it was enough to start the day. We never dined at the creekside restaurant, but other diners seemed pleased when leaving. For more budget friendly meals and EXCELLENT food, try the Wildflower Bread Company across the street. We had breakfasts and lunches there..its directly across from hotel (at the top of the hill).

One other note: the property is dog friendly, and there were many dogs while we were there. I adore dogs and loved stopping to pet them while on the resort grounds; but if you are not a dog person, know that you will likely encounter them :) Plan accordingly.

Overall, I can't wait to get back here, and hope to return in the fall. I'm happy to pay for luxury accomodations and excellent service, and this hotel delivered on both ends. I can't imagine my trip would have been nearly as good had it not been for this hotel stay. This is the only place I will stay on a return visit to Sedona.

Room Tip: Garden Cottage 26 has an outdoor shower; request if available.
1 Thank kristi11876
LaubergeDeSedona, Manager at L'Auberge de Sedona, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Happy Anniversary! We appreciate you taking the time to share your review and so happy to hear that you enjoyed your 3 night stay with us! We hope to see you again soon.
phoenix
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed here overnight in one of the single cabins by the stream. The upside was that the room was very clean and the location was nice. It included a welcome plate and bottle of wine, which was a good touch. We ate at the restaurant on-site and the food & presentation were good. On the downside, L'Auberge is one of those fancy hotels that keep reminding you how fancy they are by only speaking in hushed tones. And, unless you plan on walking the grounds in at least business casual clothes, you'll probably get some sideways looks from staff and posers wondering if you belong. Yet, for all the stiff formality, some of the staff could use a course in common manners. One staff member named "Ken" intercepted us on the pathway near the stream as we returned to our cabin. There was a wedding being performed closer to the stream and Ken counseled us that "these people spent a lot of money to stay here and we want to let them enjoy the setting." He then walked off to discuss something of great importance with another staff member. It was so ridiculous, we could only laugh. One other note, the resort takes great pride in letting you know that they're a non-tipping resort, except for the restaurants and room service. Instead, they assess an extra 10% of your room fee to your bill. However, that $70/day charge seems to be a lot more than you would spend on tipping the cleaning staff and valet, so the non-tipping thing seems like another way to add to the already high bill. Overall, the resort setting is scenic, but you could save $500+ per night by staying elsewhere in town and just walking through the grounds.

Room Tip: Don't get in Ken's way :).
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cjmPhoenix
We appreciate your review and apologize that you didn’t have an amazing stay with us. We are a service oriented property and are saddened that you didn’t feel that when you were here. All our guests’ experiences are valuable to us and we will take your experience as something to learn from and work on.