L'Auberge de Sedona
$179
$101
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

Arabella Hotel Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$144
$139
  • Breakfast included
$168
$161
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $183/night.

$239
$191
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $252/night.

$235
$217
  • Pool
$228
$191
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $213/night.

Sedona Summit Resort(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$119
$101
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

Sky Ranch Lodge(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$132
$128
Hotwire.com
$280
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
3,746 results
All reviewsoutdoor showercreekside cottagecreek sideno tippingduck feedingvista suitecreekside diningthe cottagesvalet staffwood burning fireplacebeautiful creekred rocksturn down servicebeautiful propertygolf cartgrand canyonspa services
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel is absolutely amazing!
I stayed in a king bed cottage with the view of the red rocks. Gorgeous views! Clean, modern and spacious bathroom with a separate marble shower and an outdoor wood shower. The sun brings out the fragrance in the wood of the shower. It is wonderful to shower in fresh and fragrant air and sun. The cottage also has a private balcony and a fireplace.

And here is the most beautiful part:
TIPS ARE INCLUDED in the rate!!! How great is that? You don't need to worry about tipping anyone except the waiter in the restaurant. Meanwhile, the service is great. They put free water bottles throughout the property and luscious towels by the pool. They wiped the window shield in my car and put in two ice cold bottles of water for the road - and I did not have to ask.

There is a free yoga class every morning - in the open, with the view of the red rocks. The main street with all restaurants, galleries, etc. is a 2-min walk from the hotel.

One of the best hotels in the US. I am definitely going back!

Room Tip: Rooms in the main lodge may be a better idea in the winter than in the summer.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elena S
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed for one night Aug 10th and wished we had stayed for more. The Lodge Room was excellent, meal in restaurant was amazing. I think this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Excellent staff all round from check in to check out. The Bar man whom I cant remember his name was fantastic. Had a great knowledge on wine and I would like to thank him for his great hospitallity and recomendation of a wine to buy before I left Arizona. Got the bottle of Federick in total wines in Pheonix. Cheers. 100% right - a fantastic choice. Hope you do well in your sommelier exam.

Room Tip: Logde Room was perfect
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2012

L'Auberge de Sedona was amazing! My sister-in-law and I did a LOT of research, and we were not disappointed. Service was unbelievable, staff was courteous and friendly and helpful at all times. Delicious poppy seed muffins,scones and coffee available in the morning for free. Dine by the creek in the morning at least once-magical! Spa cottage #64 was a perfect location. Great room, outstanding bathroom with jacuzzi tub and outdoor cedar shower. We will definitely return here again and again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We just spent 2 nights/3 days at L'Auberge. Overall we had a wonderful time and I'd stay again (and recommend it to others). I will do a pros/cons/tips in my review, because that was especially helpful for me in others' reviews.

PROS:
---------
This property is truly gorgeous! It's set alongside the Oak Creek, and it's a "good" part of Oak Creek, where the water splashes and rushes over rocks. When you sit alongside the creek at L'Auberge, you can constantly hear the rushing and burbling of the water, and can see the water glistening and glinting in the sun as it splashes over the rocks. Ducks are always splashing and drifting gently in the current, then swimming to rocks to perch. There is plenty of dappled sunlight coming through the green canopy overhead, providing the perfect mix of sun and shade.

(Don't take this splashing water and dappled shadow/sun for granted! When we stayed at the Amara Resort, we noticed that the Amara is located along a section of the creek that flows so slowly you don't hear water movement, and the dense over-growth of trees make it almost gloomy.)

But back to L'Auberge -- it's relaxing and beautiful sitting by the stream....there are rustic wooden benches and swings with cushions facing the water...it's nice to come out there with morning coffee or a book and just watch the water and birds and ducks. There is a duck feeding with cracked corn at 8am. There is NO duck poop on the property, and the ducks don't come close unless it's feeding time. I guess they know the routine!

The grounds are lush -- there are apple trees and flower gardens, roses and trellises, little ivy arbors to walk through, and fish ponds with koi. It's all well-maintained and just PRETTY. There is lush green grass. The maintenance staff use rakes instead of noisy leaf blowers.

There is no tipping the valet or the bellhops, which is cool! There are free pastries and coffee and hot chocolate in the morning, or you can eat at the creekside restaurant. We ate there several times and it was a really pretty experience to eat along the water.

The room was comfortable, well maintained, and clean. In case you're wondering, there ARE indoor showers and AC in the creekside cabins. There is an additional outdoor shower which is a lot of fun (and private, no worries!). They have shower gels/shampoos which actually smell nice, a Keurig coffee maker in the room, a robe/slippers, a good TV, free Wi-Fi.

CONS:
--------
There were only a few cons, and they would not stop us from coming back...but just make sure these things are OK for you. First, we though the check-in staff was a little TOO unctuous. I mean, polite is one thing, crazy-uber-polite makes you want to poke each other and giggle. In addition, although he was overly solicitous in MANNER, the check-in guy still gave me someone else's "intinerary" for spa/dinner reservations, and was unable to get our room ready early, and didn't call to let us know when it WAS ready (as he'd promised he would.) So even though he kept saying, "If there is ANYTHING I can do! We will do anything we can to make your stay perfect!" he didn't actually DO what he needed to do to make it perfect.

There were lots of dogs on the property. Apparently this is a pet-friendly resort. I LIKE dogs, and it's a good thing I do, because we saw many. One lady had 3 dogs dressed in sweaters with bling, someone had a gorgeous Akita, there was a snarling Doberman on a neighbor's creekside cottage patio (hello!), and I saw someone walking a fluffy thing around. It wasn't an issue, they were all leashed, and there was no poop around. But it was sort of surprising to see so many dogs at a 5-star resort.

There was a bit of noise in the evenings! I was disappointed to see them setting up an outdoor wedding party on the flagstone patio next to our cottage this Saturday night...the noise lasted until 2am. ("Whoo HOOOOO! YAAAAHHH! Drink! Drink! Drink! Drink!" - and...a cowbell? Over and over again?) I know that this is an amazing destination for a wedding, but it's not so cool when you're trying to get your toddler to sleep and someone is screaming "Drink!" and banging a cowbell around. Funny, yes...perfect for making SNL jokes, yes...relaxing, NO. This, of course, would probably not happen EVERY night. But when it's one of your only two nights, it's kind of annoying. Staff was unapologetic about noise. Probably because 100 guests trump 3 guests. I wouldn't expect them to shut down the party, but they could have done something simple like giving us a free appetizer, or something. Oh, well! :) On the positive side, having the party so close to our cabin made it possible to comment to each other about the outfits they were all wearing, and some of them were really pretty wild.

Patio, although comfy with gorgeous view, had lots of cobwebs in corners...seems like nobody really sweeps it down. However, didn't see any scary spiders in them so all was well. There were a few pieces of soggy newspaper in the bushes near our cottage that stayed there the whole time...seemed like maintenance should be taking more care (even though it was in a hard to get to place.)

Dinner at the restaurant takes literally FOREVER! This is tough on kids and on your butt (sitting on that metal chair for 3 hours....not the most comfy sit ever.) Some of the menu items are hit or miss. The lamb was phenomenal, the "Edible Ocean" was just eeeehhhhh. It should not have taken so long to get through a meal. It was probably overpriced for what we got. However, it WAS a gorgeous location....so it sort of balances out. And the slooow service gives you a good chance to enjoy the location and the company. At least they don't rush you. :)

Our room was not cleaned when we came back at 3:30pm. This was irritating b/c we just wanted to shower and relax before dinner, but needed to be dressed/ready for cleaners...who never came. Finally I had to call to ask for them. The front desk guy was unapologetic. Cleaning was finally complete by 4pm. I would have expected better from such a pricy resort. This was not a problem of laziness by the cleaning crew; I suspect the hotel hires barely enough cleaners to get everything done.

TIPS:
-------
Eat at their restaurant at least once b/c it's so pretty to eat by the stream, but be prepared for a loooong wait.

If it rains, there is an umbrella already in your room!

Bring your dog! Or just enjoy the ones that many other guests will bring.

Bring your polarizer & lens flare hood for your camera...this will help you with water/sun pictures.

Ask for a cottage AWAY FROM the wedding/outdoor party patio (or where ever else they have the big group parties.) Ask them for a cottage with a great view and a guaranteed quite zone around it. I didn't think to ask about that...but wish I had!

Definitely stay here! It is truly a lovely place. You won't be sorry.

Room Tip: The creekside cottages have phenomenal views from the patio...it's nice to sit there in the morning with coffee and just watch the water and trees.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Jennifer_Val
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We checked in early afternoon. Enjoyed a cup off coffee on deck with beautiful views of the Sedona red rocks. Relaxing swim with kids, enjoyed the beautiful landscaping on our way to the pool. Absolute highlight was dinner next to the creek, expensive yes , but worth it. I would have been disappointed if we would have been seated inside for dinner. Great stay and would love to come back!

• Stayed: August 2012